SINGLE most favorite food dish

hannahsmomtoo

I assume you mean Chateaubriand? I thought that was pretty good too. I liked the sauce.

My favorite was the chateaubriand. I ordered it medium rare and it actually came out that way. It was delicious and amazingly tender.

My next favorite was the roasted chicken/stuffing dinner. The chicken was juicy and tender.

My 3rd favorite was the mac & cheese. I had it on the last night. I did not know you could order it everyday as a side. Next cruise I will order it earlier in the week as a side as mentioned above and not wait for the last night when it was offered as a comfort entree.

Overall I enjoyed all of my buffet and MDR meals on the 9/22/12 Glory Canada/New England sailing. I have read so many negative reviews lately about the food but I was happy to see the quality on Glory was very good. The menu had a good balance of choices depending if you wanted a fancier type entrees or the comfort/lighter items. I never had a problem finding something I liked.

I am booked for our 5th Carnival cruise and I can't believe there are still some yummy items I haven't tried yet. I am making a list of things I want to try in January. There are several things that I tried on our very 1st cruise and I have gotten then on every cruise since. I am trying really hard to pick ONE favorite and am finding that quite impossible. Sorry!

Appetizer: Stuffed mushrooms/strawberry bisque (served the same night)

Salad: Caesar salad

Pasta: Carbonera/lasagna

Main: Chateaubriand

Dessert: Banana split

Breakfast: stewed prunes

Room service: chocolate cake

A few years ago I had a cajun pork chop with garlic mashed potatos followed by the chocolate melting cake. All of it was served with a bottle of peppery shiraz on Carnival. Still to this day goes down as the best meal I have ever had, anywhere!

Of course WCMC! And these little pastry things they have at breakfast. I don't know what they are called but they are round and they have either cream cheese or some sort of jelly filling in the middle. Yummo!

I found those one day..yummo is right..and tray was gone in an instant...LOL..Sarah

It is sooooo easy to make. Give it a try. Have made it many times

7 ounces semisweet chocolate

7 ounces butter

6 eggs

3 ounces sugar

4 ounces flour

Directions:

Melt chocolate and butter together.

Mix half of eggs and sugar and whisk for a few minutes. Add flour. Then add rest of the eggs.

Add egg mix to the melted chocolate mix.

Pour mixture in individual ramekin cups.

Bake in oven at 390 degrees (200 celsius) for 15-20 minutes.

To serve, sprinkle top with powdered sugar and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.

Do you need to bake just on rack, or in a water bath?

Is this the recipe Carnival gave out from Behind the Scenes tour?

How many servings?

Must 2nd or 3rd or 4th the Mac, cheese & bacon. Best I've ever had. Also have a boarding tradition - pastrami & corned beef on rye from the deli. This will be my 10th CCL cruise and my 10th sammy from the deli! Love the fries, the nachos and the creme brulee. The ceasar salad is the best I've ever had & actually got the chef to give me the recipe!:D We make it all the time at home.

Must 2nd or 3rd or 4th the Mac, cheese & bacon. Best I've ever had. Also have a boarding tradition - pastrami & corned beef on rye from the deli. This will be my 10th CCL cruise and my 10th sammy from the deli! Love the fries, the nachos and the creme brulee. The ceasar salad is the best I've ever had & actually got the chef to give me the recipe!:D We make it all the time at home.

OMG - I LOVE that salad. Could you share the dressing recipe? thanks

My last Carnival cruise was in September 2010, so menus have changed since then, but my favorite items back then were the Indian vegetarian dinner in the MDR on the first evening, and since that was on the Freedom which has a Tandoori Grille, then everything served there also.:)

I have to say that any one of the four Guy's Burger's I ate were my favourite food on the ship. Oh my, those burgers are amazing....I have pictures of three of them, alas after my catamaran excursion I went for lunch and totally forgot to bring my camera to take a photo...alas, I wasn't in the best of shape...those boys on the catamaran sure know how to make good rum punch....It wasn't hard to find my way back to the ship, just had to remember I was on the Liberty and not the Valor *BG*....

As for MDR meals everthing I try is good because I don't have to cook it and it is something I would not have at home!

I loved the WCMC on our first cruise but was disappointed on our second. It was a runny, soupy mess.

My favorite meals were the chateaubriand and the Mahi Mahi - both great. Also loved the crab cake app. I love the bitter & blanc and the orange-whatever-it's-called dessert.

The fries at the grill were oddly stale each time we had them. Weird and not tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved the WCMC on our first cruise but was disappointed on our second. It was a runny, soupy mess.

My favorite meals were the chateaubriand and the Mahi Mahi - both great. Also loved the crab cake app. I love the bitter & blanc and the orange-whatever-it's-called dessert.

The fries at the grill were oddly stale each time we had them. Weird and not tasty.

I agree about the WCMC.. The one night I ordered it, it was almost literally liquid. I figured that was how it was supposed to be.

First Carnival cruise next July...was wondering if they have croissants at breakfast? My favorite breakfast food from NCL was the mini chocolate croissants. :)

Croissants but no chocolate :mad:

As for WCMC, if its too soupy I spoon some of it out on my ice cream for a hot

fudge sundae. :D

I really like the Black Bean Enchiladas (Vegan Entree)

Not sure if they still serve them. Hope they do!

Yes the black bean enchiladas are great. I had it on my last cruise. The avacado drizzle on top took it over the edge. Very good.

First Carnival cruise next July...was wondering if they have croissants at breakfast? My favorite breakfast food from NCL was the mini chocolate croissants. :)

Carnival does have mini croissants at the buffet breakfast and in the MDR. I don't recall seeing chocolate croissants.

Carnival does have mini croissants at the buffet breakfast and in the MDR. I don't recall seeing chocolate croissants.

They also have really good banana bread at the breakfast buffet!

As for MDR, I've enjoyed everything. I prefer the Bitter and Blanc over WCMC.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cinnamon swirly little pastries at breakfast! I make it a habit (a bad one at that!) to have at least 2 a day!

I love the gazpacho soup on the first night in the MDR! I usually get 2!

Bitter n Blanc, is my absolute favourite desert!

Loved the fettucine/mushroom dish in MDR!

Love most of the soups and try to have one every meal!

After 6 cruises, I still have never ordered room service and have only had dinner once on Lido! Too much goodness to go around! :)

Archived