LIVE(or at least my best attempt) from the Oasis Of The Seas, sailing October 13th

Hi Chris -- still following along on your vacation, and loving every minute of it! My turn is coming soon!

I don't know if this may sound off-topic, but have you seen the "Live the Oasis" Book while you have been onboard? I have heard about this book and wanted to know if they are still available on the ship to buy. If you happen to find out, I'd love to know before I go. Thanks so much!!!

Hi Chris -- still following along on your vacation, and loving every minute of it! My turn is coming soon!

I don't know if this may sound off-topic, but have you seen the "Live the Oasis" Book while you have been onboard? I have heard about this book and wanted to know if they are still available on the ship to buy. If you happen to find out, I'd love to know before I go. Thanks so much!!!

When we were on Allure a couple of weeks ago, I searched high and low for "Live the Allure". I couldn't find it, but 8 of them were given as prizes in our Meet & Mingle. I think they have (unfortunately) discontinued this book and the game show activity. :( I recommend that when you're on the ship, maybe ask a cruise staff if they have extras lying around a storage room somewhere and offer to buy it.

Chris - If you want to compare Oasis and Allure menus , there is a site cruises p-z , Royal carib Food Review Allure of the Seas 9/13/12. It has menus food photos. I mention this because I noticed Allure is in your future.

Sali

Champagne bar is on my must do list this time, I keep missing it. do they charge for the snacks????

I was wondering the same thing, as we'll be on the Oasis Oct 27 - our first time on that ship. On other ships, we've just had a drink there. I didn't know they even had snacks. I'd like to know as well if there is a charge for them. (Chris is doing an awesome job with his review!!)

When we were on Allure a couple of weeks ago, I searched high and low for "Live the Allure". I couldn't find it, but 8 of them were given as prizes in our Meet & Mingle. I think they have (unfortunately) discontinued this book and the game show activity. :( I recommend that when you're on the ship, maybe ask a cruise staff if they have extras lying around a storage room somewhere and offer to buy it.

SWWAKE - I knew that you got one at the Meet & Mingle because I am following your 'Most Disorganized' trip review - and loving your post-trip recap I might say. You are actually the reason that I asked this question... when I saw that you won one at your M&M, I was wondering if the Oasis had the same book and if it would be available. I'd LOVE to get one of these for our vacation!

I want to add one thing. A big complaint about Oasis Class has been the balcony door having to be locked in order for the A/C to work. So, if you spent time on the balcony, you couldn't lock the door and the A/C would turn off. That was true. However, they are in the process of changing that. My door handle was changed 2 days ago, and now it can be locked from outside, so the A/C will work. I guess all the complaints over the last couple years finally paid off! :D

When I was on Allure I bought the "Live the Allure" book at the Rising Tide Bar. I believe that may be the only place where you can buy them. Does seem odd....but that's the only place I've seen them on both the Allure and Oasis.

Chris,

Thank you so much for taking us along with you! We are sailing in a couple of weeks. I have a question about your balcony. When you look down do you see the life boats? I'm just curious as we are going to be in 6232 and I'm hoping we have a clear view. If possible, could you please post a picture? Also, what drink do you order in the Champagne Bar?:)

Hello friends! Just got back from seeing Come Fly With Me and it's worth going to. I will try to post a few pictures of it(wifi is being slow AGAIN) but I don't want to ruin it for everyone. Definitely go see it.

I will try to answer the questions posted best I can here:

1. The 70's party is held on Wednesday night at 1030pm on the Royal Promenade.

2. As far as the junior balcony on deck 6 if you are on the hump in the middle then you will have no problem. You will not see the lifeboats when you look straight down. I will try to post a picture tomorrow

3. There were some teenagers at Mr. Sanchos. I think you would be ok taking them there. Mr. Sanchos is not offered by RCCL so you must book it independently. Just put it in the google search engine and you'll find the links to go to so you can book it

Archived