Navigator of the Seas dry dock

Hi, we are thinking of trying the Navigator. Just cruised on the Enchantment and loved her. I know the NOS is quite a bit larger, but interested in seeing what she is like. When does she go into dry dock? Heard somewhere that she was. Also. Is there good ball room style dancing on board? How are the bands?

Thanks

According to my info, I thought she was supposed to be redone in 2013 prior to coming to Galveston . I hope I'm right.

Galveston is our home port and Mariner will be leaving in April, just after having the upgrades. We were hoping that Navigator was going to be equally updated prior to her arrival.

And another thing RCCL.......please give us a ship year round, like we had with Rhapsody.......pretty, pretty, please with a cherry on the top!

Hmm... this page used to have month and year but the latest version is just year. Anyways, 2013 is what it says for Navigators drydock.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

Thanks for the update.

Not only have the months been removed, but the plans have changed. I haven't looked at all the differences, but I do see that Park Cafe has been added to the Serenade and Enchantment lists.

They also say "Now Sailing" for Serenade and Enchantment which is not accurate.

EDIT: I didn't see the asterisk and fine print. They do list Serenade as of 12/10/12 and Enchantment as of 12/15/12.

EDIT2: I see they have added "iPad in staterooms" on some ships in 2013.

Thanks for the update.

Not only have the months been removed, but the plans have changed. I haven't looked at all the differences, but I do see that Park Cafe has been added to the Serenade and Enchantment lists.

EDIT: I didn't see the asterisk and fine print. They do list Serenade as of 12/10/12 and Enchantment as of 12/15/12.

They've also corrected Brilliance to add the "Diamond Club". Which was a notable omission before. Now I wish I had saved off the earlier revs to my hard drive. :(

They've also corrected Brilliance to add the "Diamond Club". Which was a notable omission before. Now I wish I had saved off the earlier revs to my hard drive. :(

Attached are the 2 revisions I have.

Also, regarding the iPads, I got the revisions confused in my previous post. It seems all mention of iPads has been removed, except for Splendour, where the verbage changed from "iPad in staterooms" to "iPad in suites".

Bob

12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide-2012-03-29.pdf

12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide-2012-10-11.pdf

We just booked a GS for us and an aft balcony for our son on Navigator for Dec. 2013. Now finding out this is right BEFORE upgrades. We sailed on the X Summit right before drydock and although we had a great cruise, the bed was soooo saggy, the attendant couldn't do anything about it and I had a miserable sleep for a week. So what would you do, reschedule for after drydock or cross my fingers and hope for the best? Anyone sailed on ship before drydock with any comments? Thanks in advance.... :)

Navigator still shows cruises available for all of December 2013 and none for January 2014. This would indicate the dry dock is in January. Think there is a mistake on the latest ship improvements list. It wouldn't be the first time;)

See my post!

Attached are the 2 revisions I have.

Also, regarding the iPads, I got the revisions confused in my previous post. It seems all mention of iPads has been removed, except for Splendour, where the verbage changed from "iPad in staterooms" to "iPad in suites".

Bob

Thanks! This is awesome of you! :):)

So, it's not looking so good for a January sailing from Galveston in 2014? Don't like the sound of that at all. Thanks Topo for the info. I also have the RCCL email about the updates and it did say 2013 for the upgrades. Oh well. In today's economy, I'm really surprised that doing as much as they are.

So, it's not looking so good for a January sailing from Galveston in 2014? Don't like the sound of that at all. Thanks Topo for the info. I also have the RCCL email about the updates and it did say 2013 for the upgrades. Oh well. In today's economy, I'm really surprised that doing as much as they are.

Navigator's dry dock in Jan. 2014 will be very extensive. 4+ weeks is a very long time to take a ship out of service. It should be great when she returns to Galveston.

I would just wait till February when she comes out of dry dock with all the enhancements!

We just booked a GS for us and an aft balcony for our son on Navigator for Dec. 2013. Now finding out this is right BEFORE upgrades. We sailed on the X Summit right before drydock and although we had a great cruise, the bed was soooo saggy, the attendant couldn't do anything about it and I had a miserable sleep for a week. So what would you do, reschedule for after drydock or cross my fingers and hope for the best? Anyone sailed on ship before drydock with any comments? Thanks in advance.... :)

We'll also be going on the Navigator just before drydock. :)

Thanks for the update.

Oh, that is weird. Park Café wasn't listed for Enchantment in August.......

Oh, that is weird. Park Café wasn't listed for Enchantment in August.......

Correct, it looks like Chef's table has been replaced by Park Cafe. Maybe one or the other was a misprint, or they changed their mind, who knows. I hope the Park Cafe version is true as it will take some pressure from Windjammer. We'll know in December.

Bob

• 5 months later...

I just sailed in a GS last month. The bed was not the most comfortable, but then again it is never going to be like home. :o I have March 2014 booked so I can see the finished product. IMO, if you have money invested that you cannot get back, take the December one. The ship, while it does show wear, is in really great shape! If it is no cost to you, maybe you should rebook for after the dry dock! :)

Archived