Caribbean Christmas cruise formality

Pettifogger

The European cruises I have been on (except for one) were very formal.

I imagine that people on the holidays will be dressed up for sure.

How formal is hard to say - and the Caribbean is somehow hotter and more casual than Europe - here's my philosophy (and yes, I enjoy dressing up - and yes, I do). Wear what makes you feel good - wear what you enjoy (keeping in the mood) and wear what makes you feel like wonderful - don't worry about anyone else - you just have two people to please - yourself and your partner.

I have always found that if you are confident in what you wear you always look like a million dollars:):) Just pack something you LOVE and go:)

Wear your standard Christmas wardrobe! After all it is the only time that you can do so! We don't take the tux and formal stuff anymore--just nice clothing that is appropriate for any club for the holidays. White pants, dressy tunics, Lilly dresses--it's the Caribbean and it's Christmas!

Debi

Wear your standard Christmas wardrobe! After all it is the only time that you can do so! We don't take the tux and formal stuff anymore--just nice clothing that is appropriate for any club for the holidays. White pants, dressy tunics, Lilly dresses--it's the Caribbean and it's Christmas!

Debi

Absolutely agree! You see more holiday attire and the atmosphere is relaxed and cheerful. No reason to worry, just enjoy!

Jenny

I think what has stood out for us on holiday cruises, is that the spotlight is really on the ship itself with all the glorious decorations, Christmas trees everywhere ( tried one year to count them all but gave up), and smiling faces on everyone.

As a result what is worn takes a back seat to the ship's ambience as a whole.

My memories of formal nights are not of spectacular dressy gowns nor are they of "less than appropriate attire' but rather of an almost perfect postcard scene of a grand meal being enjoyed by all.

Archived