Inside Cabins

Scotchick

Thinking of booking an inside cabin on the Emerald for November. Which decks are the best. Haven't a clue. Haven't been on Princess before. Thanks for any help. :confused::confused::confused:

You will get all sorts of answers as deck and cabin location is a personal preference. I've stayed in inside, outside and balcony cabins and have no problem with any. If an inside cabin price means I get to book the cruise, I go for it. My preference for a deck location is never to book the deck directly under the Lido deck and always be mid ship or toward the aft. I tend to get seasick so I do not book anything forward of the front elevators. If you are on the deck under Lido, you will probably hear the deck crew moving around the chairs/tables/loungers early in the mornings.

Hi There

Stay away from any inside cabin with an empty void next to it on the deck plan, as it could well be a room stewards cupboard,

had one once 6.30am crash bang as they prepared for a days work, not there fault, but if you wanted to sleep in no chance.

yours Shogun

We were on the Emerald Princess in April in an inside on Baja deck. We chose it because we had cabins above, below and all arround us. We were just aft of midship. We liked the location quite a bit. It was not far from elevators, stairs and the laundry room.

Thinking of booking an inside cabin on the Emerald for November. Which decks are the best. Haven't a clue. Haven't been on Princess before. Thanks for any help. :confused::confused::confused:

Just spent 27 days in an inside cabin on the Plaza deck on the Emerald. Good location for Baltic & TA cruises and cool weather - near IC, quiet, easy on and off. For January cruise, we have an inside for 20 days on the Lido. We like spending days at the pool and eat more often at the buffet when in

Carib. Lido and then Plaza would be my recommendation.

I ended up with B732 (right at the back, Emerald Princess, Baja deck). There weren't many choices left. This is two floors down from what looks like a small pool at the back of the ship on the Riviera deck. I also think there is a door at the back which can take us out to a deck of some sort (which is needed when you have an inside cabin). Has anyone stayed in these cabins and can give me more info. Thanks to all the replies so far.

I've had every cabin that Princess makes......If I can cruise, I'll take whatever cabin gets me on the ship.

I like the bed configuration in an inside cabin to be "twin-beds." This will allow for more floor space and makes the cabin feel and look larger.

Don't forget to ask for your top sheet [more choices for those warm nights and the duvet can be quite warm.]

As long as your Baja cabin is not below Horizon Court, you'll be happy.

I ended up with B732 (right at the back, Emerald Princess, Baja deck). There weren't many choices left. This is two floors down from what looks like a small pool at the back of the ship on the Riviera deck. I also think there is a door at the back which can take us out to a deck of some sort (which is needed when you have an inside cabin). Has anyone stayed in these cabins and can give me more info. Thanks to all the replies so far.

The only door at the back is on Riviera Deck, which is why so many of us like those aft cabins and put up with the little bit of noise from above. On Baja Deck, you'll have to go to the aft stairway, walk up to Riviera Deck or Lido Deck, and out the back of the ship.

I agree with having the beds set up as twins. We survive for long stays in an inside cabin doing it this way. Gives you some real space in the middle, as opposed to a narrow space on either side of the bed. All the inside cabins (with the exception of 8 sideways cabins on the Riviera Deck) are exactly the same, so information about any of the inside cabins will apply to yours. Have fun!

The only door at the back is on Riviera Deck, which is why so many of us like those aft cabins and put up with the little bit of noise from above. On Baja Deck, you'll have to go to the aft stairway, walk up to Riviera Deck or Lido Deck, and out the back of the ship.

I agree with having the beds set up as twins. We survive for long stays in an inside cabin doing it this way. Gives you some real space in the middle, as opposed to a narrow space on either side of the bed. All the inside cabins (with the exception of 8 sideways cabins on the Riviera Deck) are exactly the same, so information about any of the inside cabins will apply to yours. Have fun!

Thanks for all your help. Yes, for the money we are paying, we can manage to go up 2 decks to the small pool at the Riviera deck. When we have a balcony cabin, we always sit outside with a drink in the early evening - no problem to go up 2 decks to do this. Must try and remember all this info for next time. We already have the twin bed configuration. We have had an inside before and we don't mind it at all. :p:p:p:p:p

Archived