Will Cabin attendent heat something in the microwave for you?

texasnana

Not sure how warm it would be by the time they got back with it...if it's possible, I'm sure the microwave would not be close by...

Maybe pack some of those therma care patches for him for the cruise..the kind that heat up on their own?

probably not a good idea to depend on this.. what happens if you call the cabin steward and it takes him 20 minutes before he can come get it? and what if someone decides a non food item cannot be used in the microwave? or it takes him half an hour before he can return with it?

I second the suggestion to get the thermo care wraps at your local drug store or bring a heating pad.

How about putting the pad in a zip lock bag and put in some hot water in your cabin sink?

Don

I noticed on our last cruise that the hot water was very HOT! We had our 6 month old with us and I would warm up her bottles by filling up the sink with water.

So a hand towel moistened with hot tap water in a baggy might just do the trick. I also second the thermocare patches. They do work great and stay hot for a long time. Or you can bring an electric heating pad.

Room stewards are not always available and, as luck would have it, probably would not be available when your hubby needs his heating pad. I think the best idea is to bring either a plug in heating pad or to bring the kind of pads described above--the Therma-Care pads. In fact, they might be the best solution because plugs for heating pads might not be at a convenient, comfortable place to sit or lie when your hubby needs the heat.

Yes...just bring a hot water bottle..or a heating pad. Hubby had a shoulder injury on one cruise and the heating pad (with an extension cord) worked just fine. It should be in new condition to avoid any fire possibility)

If you use a hot water bottle, the tap water gets VERY hot!

I thought that I had read that heating pads were not allowed, but we've never tried

to take one. It might be wise to check with the special needs department.

Happy sailing!

Cruzin Lady

I don't know if the ship bans heating pads brought on by guests, but they certainly have heating pads down in the doctor's office. My wife hurt her back on board a couple of years ago and they gave her a heating pad and extension cord to use for a few days.

Does anyone even know where such a microwave might be located, or if they even exist? Seems as though the alternative solutions are better options than finding a microwave or a staff person to comply with the OPs request.:)

Archived