IE 2013 useful info "3" plus some nonsense.

Rebel Rouser

Thanks RR :) 1 more sleep!!!!

Have a great time :D will be boarding as you depart can't wait, 7 more sleeps, should be 8 I know but wont finish work until 11pm next Monday and with setting out at 3am Tuesday for the airport, sleep not option, plus be too excited :cool:

Just back after our first cruise - everything exceeded our expectations... will post a review once I come down to earth! If anyone has any questions just ask!

Awesome glad you had a good time, cant wait to hear about it :D

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Same here :) .....did you notice if there are any more excursions on offer, which are not shown online, have got Rome pre-booked also Florence and Pisa is booked. Prefer to do the ships tours as hubby is recovering from a heart attack so we need stress free days while at the same time seeing as much as possible. Want to do an island tour at Corsica, and will do our own thing at Barcelona so that only leaves Toulon.

Thanks, and pleased you had a nice week :)

Not many left now barnowl, last Saturday for all the last minute shopping ;)

Hello RR packing almost finished didn't take long :) only had to look in the wardrobe and decide what to do without, am making use of stuff bought last summer that's very nice and hardly been used or not at all. Did buy one new dress recently.

Not very long 'til July for you....why didn't you grab a last minute deal for April...you could have said at work that you hurt your back moving furniture (naughty I know) and needed a week off :D

Barnowl, wish I could take time off!! now only in the last 2 weeks started an outage at work , already been on 10 and 12 hour days since 1st April and now still at work as I type today and tomorrow and on Monday will be on a full 12 hour day shift rota until the end of May :eek: by then I will have deserved an Holiday ;)

Ps I know you will have a brill time on the good ship, peoples who have already sailed have said on facebook (island Escape) That it as good as ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again RR, although I don't think there is much truth in it, just something I noticed.

Island Escape Sold or Just Taken off the Market?

Island Escape has been taken off a website online that advertises cruise ships for sale, which it was on since 2010.

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/28/island-escape-sold-or-just-taken-off-the-market/

Can I just say,,,did a little 2 nighter on Azura last thurs/friday for my birthday,,Azura is a beautiful ship, the facilities are superb, the cabins are luxury, the food is exquisite,, blah blah blah,,but there is something missing. For all that glitz and glamour there is still a distinct lack of atmosphere that the Escape has in bucketloads! The sailaway party was nice but a bit flat compared to RR's fun filled departures from Palma. The entertainment team was conspicuous by their absence and the CD didn't make an appearance until the sailaway for the crossing home. That might be normal on little mini-cruises, I don't know. What I'm trying to say I suppose is that I love Azura as a ship but for atmosphere and friendliness the Escape wins hands down!

Hi all :)

Arrived home from Spirit of the Med cruise last Tuesday and honestly, we loved IE so much.

Only thing that spoiled the week was the weather, first 4 days were ok but last three days it rained a lot especially at Pisa where it came down non-stop in bucketfulls, so glad I packed my boots.

Entertainment was fun with so much going on, there's never a dull moment on the ship, we went to the late shows (just outstanding) in the Ocean Theatre every night after an hour or so in The Pub.

I thought food on the ship was excellent with plenty of choice, we had breakfast in Beachcomber, dinner in Island Restaurant (my favourite) didn't feel the need to try Oasis.

The cabin was kept spotless by a lovely man called Franky. The shower was powerful, bed comfortable, there were a couple of nights when the sea was a bit rough but we hardly noticed where we were (deck 6 midship)

Did island tour of Corsica, Rome in one day, Florence and Pisa, St Tropez and Port Grimaud and wanted to see Sagrada Familiar at Barcelona for ages so enjoyed that too.

Oh, and met ClaireAnna from on here, and her parents which was really nice :)

Glad you had a good time in spite of the rubbish weather for some of it! you certainly crammed a lot in to the week :)

We had a Deck 6 midships cabin last year and were also very comfortable, we had all our meals in the Island restaurant apart from once each week when we dined with RR and his lovely wife in the Oasis...it is fabulous in there and full waiter service so nice for a treat...but like you say there is no need really to dine anywhere other than Island restaurant as the choice in there is good. :)

Was excellent I must say, and the entertainment team worked hard with extra activities on wetter days :D Great to meet Barnowl and her husband too :cool: So glad I attended the towel animal demo, gonna practice those ;)

Like Barnowl we used the Beachcomber for breakfast and couple lunches/afternoon tea time, and the Island Restaurant for dinner, me and mum peeked into the Oasis late one evening, looked lovely, but decided we were quite happy at the other 2 venues, maybe next time. We were deck 5 midship outside cabin, the less calm nights didn't bother us really.

Will put up a full review on my day off next week on the main site. Couldn't fault the staff, entertainment or the food, very impressed. Special assistance with dad were excellent both ends Cardiff and Palma.

Embarkation day at Palma was glorious blue skies and less stressful and hurried than expected. Ajaccio was beautiful, warm, if a little cloudy, went on the petit train tour and shopping/sightseeing round the town. Civitavecchia was also little cloudy but warm, we did the Easy Rome excursion, our guide lady was very good and well informed, really enjoyed our free time at the end at Vatican City, had almost 2 hrs to explore.

Left Dad at the Mirage bar one lunchtime when me and mum went into Livorno, bar staff looked after and kept and eye on Dad, jumped straight to his aid and guided him to the toilet when he needed and had him thoroughly merry after a few Cocktails of the day by early afternoon, good excuse to do as the locals do and take a siesta ;). Explored Toulon on our own, got some lovely new pieces for my wardrobe :D and enjoyed exploring the market and harbor. Barcelona was quite wet, but still enjoyed the sights of the port and exploring the shops on Las Ramblas, gathering gifts to take home to the family.

Glorious weather again for disembarkation, really didn't want to go home :( Wasn't expecting residual the wibbly wobbly feeling, felt quite odd first night home, subsided over the next 48hrs then.

Already looking towards booking another trip on IE although will probably be next April now, although a late super deal for Oct/Nov could be possible ;-) Really fancying that Souks and Sangria itinerary for the next one.

Edited by ClaireAnna81

Where has everybody gone...Jan you still watching

Moto ..you still there :D

Hi RR! Can't believe I just looked in today - first for ages- to find you looking for me!! :eek: Haven't been here as I don't have a Cruise to look forward to, so feeling a bit left out! :eek:

Seriously, its good to see all seem to be enjoying their time on IE. My brother and his wife go from Belfast this Tuesday. This will be their first on her. They booked before but were moved to one of Thomson's other ships. Hope all goes well this time.

Where is Jan?

Kind regards to all. :)

You're not alone Moto, we haven't got a cruise booked either and are badly suffering from withdrawal symptoms!!

We are waiting to exchange contracts on our house sale so don't yet know what dates we will be available, so whatever we book will be a last minute one. :)

You're not alone Moto, we haven't got a cruise booked either and are badly suffering from withdrawal symptoms!!

We are waiting to exchange contracts on our house sale so don't yet know what dates we will be available, so whatever we book will be a last minute one. :)

Thanks JW. We're having a hotel holiday in June, so maybe after that we will look for something on IE.

Hi RR. I'm fine thanks. DH has had some health probs but is doing well now. :D Hope IE stays with us til we get another cruise!

44 days and counting (down) only 3 more weeks of these dang long hours, rare day off today and am walking about like a zombie :eek:

RR is it for 2 weeks in July? Hope it is as it sounds like you'll be needing a really decent break by then and 1 week is nice but not long it goes by so quick.