Who has the most Cruises

dchillis

All I can say is WOW! Have any of you who are doing so many cruises written a book about your experiences? It might be really nice to read about cruising from passenger's point of view by a passenger, rather than by travel agents or former crew members.

My wife and I have a website, which unfortunately is under repair as we speak. We have stories and pictures of all our cruises. The website is http://www.stevekathytravels.com.

Another great website is http://www.thepreismans.com. They go into great detail with pictures of every ship they have sailed on. Their story on the Allure is great! If anyone is interested in a particular cruise, please e-mail us at highlandpark"at"mindspring.com

Below is the list:

Tahiti

Venice - Istanbul

Baltic

Alaska

Australia/New Zealand

Rome-Dover

Panama Canal

Budapest-Amsterdam

Nice-Paris

New England/Canada

Columbia River

I think we just completed 24...or 25, I lost count.
That's why I do it - I'd lose track if I didn't! I wish I had a better handle on the number of days since we'll probably reach platinum on based days before we'd reach based on number of cruises...

One, so far.

As far as the sig file, I too like to know what experience the poster has. And no, I do not view it as bragging.

I agree- I actually have signatures turned off as I assume most of us do since sigs can be long-but I will go to a person's profile to check their sigs-when they offer info that I feel may help me so I do like that feature. That way everyone can make their sigs as long as they want! No problem!

That's why I do it - I'd lose track if I didn't! I wish I had a better handle on the number of days since we'll probably reach platinum on based days before we'd reach based on number of cruises...

I save my cruise cards-you know that you use to buy things on ship and in more recent years unlock your stateroom door-I think they are my favorite cruise souvenir. so it is easy for me to keep count of cruises! Now the days may be harder! But I have a scarp book of pics and I have that listed there.

I have seen where people complained they did not get credit for a certain cruise from a cruiseline from years ago and they have no proof-I guess the crusielines did not keep records-or else they claim they did not-well I have proof if it is ever needed! I even kept the old cardboard card that they gave us on the old Pacific Princess. That ship was so old they did not use plastic cards-LOL!

We have long found it amusing that some posters include their cruises in their signature...as if to impress. Of course its easy to be flippant and say that if you can list your cruises...then you really have not been on many cruises. Yes, its true that some of us have been on so many that we can no longer remember each cruise (call it a senior moment). About 2 years ago we met a fascinating lady who told us (during lunch on a cruise) that she had only taken 7 cruises. Not very impressive? Well, 5 of her 7 had been World Cruises and the other 2 over 60 days each. We ourselves can boast that we will have taken 3 cruises in 2012. For many, 3 cruises might equal less then 2 weeks on a ship. For us, those 3 cruises will equal 101 days. But there are others who only took a single cruise this year....and that cruise would be more then 101 days.

The cruise lines have finally realized that counting cruises is somewhat meaningless when it comes to their repeaters clubs....and have started switching to formulas that look more to days (Holland America has done this for some time with its Mariners Club). So for those of you who wonder who has the record...it would be unknown. We have met folks with over 1200 days on a single line (and they cruise other lines too). Personally, we lost count so now just say we have cruised for more then 2 1/2 years (it sounds like a good number) but I suppose the real number is actually over 3 years....but who in the world cares? Perhaps this all has some meaning when it comes to establishing credentials as a "cruise critic" but otherwise.....we think that if you can remember how many cruises (or how many days) it really is not that much.

Hank

Well said...perhaps we'll meet you someday! You've helped us in many ways...thanks Hank! :)

I save my cruise cards-you know that you use to buy things on ship and in more recent years unlock your stateroom door-I think they are my favorite cruise souvenir. so it is easy for me to keep count of cruises! Now the days may be harder! But I have a scarp book of pics and I have that listed there.

I have seen where people complained they did not get credit for a certain cruise from a cruiseline from years ago and they have no proof-I guess the crusielines did not keep records-or else they claim they did not-well I have proof if it is ever needed! I even kept the old cardboard card that they gave us on the old Pacific Princess. That ship was so old they did not use plastic cards-LOL!

We also have a stack of our previous cruise ID's/key cards and agree they are among our favorite souvenirs.

We go so far back with HAL, our earlier cruises with them used only a paper ID card the size of a credit card that had name, ship name and date of sailing. They were so light weight, many flew away in the wind but it didn't matter. :) The security in those days was very different than it has to be now. Our friend once left his ID on the ship and when we returned, he showed the security fellow at the gangway his AmEx Platinum card and he let him board.

Another time, we returned to the ship and someone didn't have their ID. We saw the Maitre d' standing at the top of the doorway in the gangway. We yelled up to him (we knew him well) that we didn't have ID and asked if we could borrow his. Everyone laughed and on the ship we went.

There were no bar codes and no scanning off and on. No one gave it a thought.

Those were very different times. Sigh......

This week is cruise #1,426 for me.

Next week is #1,427.

It is far easier when you don't have to pay for them.

LOL! you win! we have a friend/neighbor who used to work on cruiseships-he has pictures from all over the world-we told him we will never get to see all that he did. He did this job over 20 years, starting out as a bartender and worked his way up to head wine steward on a NCL ship. He was also Beverage Manager on a smaller European line for several years. BTW he has no desire to go on a cruise as a passenger.

We also have a stack of our previous cruise ID's/key cards and agree they are among our favorite souvenirs.

We go so far back with HAL, our earlier cruises with them used only a paper ID card the size of a credit card that had name, ship name and date of sailing. They were so light weight, many flew away in the wind but it didn't matter. :) The security in those days was very different than it has to be now. Our friend once left his ID on the ship and when we returned, he showed the security fellow at the gangway his AmEx Platinum card and he let him board.

Another time, we returned to the ship and someone didn't have their ID. We saw the Maitre d' standing at the top of the doorway in the gangway. We yelled up to him (we knew him well) that we didn't have ID and asked if we could borrow his. Everyone laughed and on the ship we went.

There were no bar codes and no scanning off and on. No one gave it a thought.

Those were very different times. Sigh......

Some great memories you have! Our first cruise we had the plastic "charge" card but a separate room key. Pacific Princess was several years later but that was her last year before being sold to an European line In fact we were on her about a month before she did her last cruise.

She was small but it was great-we docked at ALL three Bermuda ports.

This week is cruise #1,426 for me.

Next week is #1,427.

It is far easier when you don't have to pay for them.

That's a lot of time on the water.

Do you have a count of how many days? I'm sure they weren't all 7 days cruises. :D

Some great memories you have! Our first cruise we had the plastic "charge" card but a separate room key. Pacific Princess was several years later but that was her last year before being sold to an European line In fact we were on her about a month before she did her last cruise.

She was small but it was great-we docked at ALL three Bermuda ports.

Yes, we have such wonderful memories and the best of them always are about the people. The sights are wonderful, the ships are all beautiful, the weather was good and bad but always the most special memories are about people we've met (and befriended) along the way.

Yes, we have such wonderful memories and the best of them always are about the people. The sights are wonderful, the ships are all beautiful, the weather was good and bad but always the most special memories are about people we've met (and befriended) along the way.

For sure!

We have met some great folks too-some we have kept in contact with by email. However, cruising for us is family time-in fact although we enjoyed assigned dinner seats-we now go for the anytime dinning-select dining-whatever each line calls it-each cruiseline calls it something different-that was the one plus we liked about NCL-well the only plus with them was that. Not much else we liked about them I guess. I am so glad other lines are offering that now.

I share your wondering about countdown timers an all sorts of large illustrations of any sort, but I think a listing of ships experienced helps show a poster's qualifications to comment on particulars-- useful in evaluating comments about relative quality of ships. If someone has never cruised anything but RCI and NCL, for example, their comments concerning Celebrity would be of questionable value.

I agree.......I like to see a persons cruise history as I think it gives a little weight to their opinion since it's backed up with experience......

For me and sister 27 cruises with 3 booked.....all on Carnival.....so I don't comment on other cruise lines......and now that it's important on Carnival....we have 178 cruise days and will be Diamond next year....

• 7 months later...

AHOY SHIPMATES

GREAT THREAD many good points. I'm still new to CC and am reading through this thousand plus pages of threads. In this group of veteran cruisers I didnt list my prior cruises to brag but to connect with those that I have cruised with in the past. Most of my days are on HAL and 1000 days does'nt even get honorable mention at the Mariners party I guess if ,like Bruce, I added my days I was working (NAVY) at sea we could add about 3000-4000 more days but a lot of them were'nt by choice or fun!

Fun to see that this thread is still alive :). DW and I are sometimes asked how many cruises we have taken over the years (and we are talking a lot of years) and the sad reality is that we do not know. We never kept records and truly lost track many years ago. So perhaps those who have cruised the most are the ones that cannot even remember :). For those that tend to cruise on 1 or 2 lines its pretty easy to keep track since the cruise lines now keep your records up to date. But for those of us who have cruised many different lines (we have been on 14)...quite of few of which are no longer in business...there is just know way to recapture that info.

Hank

Archived