Who has the most Cruises

dchillis

I have been on two. There, said it.

I have a live and let live attitude on items in your sig file. I don't give much care to countdown timers or really long lists of history. My only interest in some of the list is that the person has experience for the situation. My point of view is that of two cruises and you might as well know it. If you are telling me how all cruise lines work and have only ever been on one line or to one place, I consider the source.

I have a live and let live attitude on items in your sig file. I don't give much care to countdown timers or really long lists of history. My only interest in some of the list is that the person has experience for the situation. My point of view is that of two cruises and you might as well know it. If you are telling me how all cruise lines work and have only ever been on one line or to one place, I consider the source.

One, so far.

As far as the sig file, I too like to know what experience the poster has. And no, I do not view it as bragging.

We have sailed on Cunard, Princess, HAL, NCL and RCI.

I was in the process of getting all our cruise information sorted and counted in 2010 when we had major damage done to the house and had to throw out lots of scrapbooks -- at that time I was up to 110 cruises and still sorting. Since then we have taken several more cruises.

So we are well over 110.

Shortest cruise - 7 days.

Longest cruise -- 26 days.

We have long found it amusing that some posters include their cruises in their signature...as if to impress. Of course its easy to be flippant and say that if you can list your cruises...then you really have not been on many cruises. Yes, its true that some of us have been on so many that we can no longer remember each cruise (call it a senior moment). About 2 years ago we met a fascinating lady who told us (during lunch on a cruise) that she had only taken 7 cruises. Not very impressive? Well, 5 of her 7 had been World Cruises and the other 2 over 60 days each. We ourselves can boast that we will have taken 3 cruises in 2012. For many, 3 cruises might equal less then 2 weeks on a ship. For us, those 3 cruises will equal 101 days. But there are others who only took a single cruise this year....and that cruise would be more then 101 days.

The cruise lines have finally realized that counting cruises is somewhat meaningless when it comes to their repeaters clubs....and have started switching to formulas that look more to days (Holland America has done this for some time with its Mariners Club). So for those of you who wonder who has the record...it would be unknown. We have met folks with over 1200 days on a single line (and they cruise other lines too). Personally, we lost count so now just say we have cruised for more then 2 1/2 years (it sounds like a good number) but I suppose the real number is actually over 3 years....but who in the world cares? Perhaps this all has some meaning when it comes to establishing credentials as a "cruise critic" but otherwise.....we think that if you can remember how many cruises (or how many days) it really is not that much.

Hank

We have long found it amusing that some posters include their cruises in their signature...as if to impress. Of course its easy to be flippant and say that if you can list your cruises...then you really have not been on many cruises. Yes, its true that some of us have been on so many that we can no longer remember each cruise (call it a senior moment). About 2 years ago we met a fascinating lady who told us (during lunch on a cruise) that she had only taken 7 cruises. Not very impressive? Well, 5 of her 7 had been World Cruises and the other 2 over 60 days each. We ourselves can boast that we will have taken 3 cruises in 2012. For many, 3 cruises might equal less then 2 weeks on a ship. For us, those 3 cruises will equal 101 days. But there are others who only took a single cruise this year....and that cruise would be more then 101 days.

The cruise lines have finally realized that counting cruises is somewhat meaningless when it comes to their repeaters clubs....and have started switching to formulas that look more to days (Holland America has done this for some time with its Mariners Club). So for those of you who wonder who has the record...it would be unknown. We have met folks with over 1200 days on a single line (and they cruise other lines too). Personally, we lost count so now just say we have cruised for more then 2 1/2 years (it sounds like a good number) but I suppose the real number is actually over 3 years....but who in the world cares? Perhaps this all has some meaning when it comes to establishing credentials as a "cruise critic" but otherwise.....we think that if you can remember how many cruises (or how many days) it really is not that much.

Hank

Wow, you summed it up so nicely!

I can only dream of having the experience of cruising like you have. I can only hope that I am able to someday say, "I have cruised so many times that I cannot remember them all", As I age I hope the travel Gods are good to me and DH so we can enjoy our aging years.

Enjoy Life!!

Safe travels

Sue and crew

P.S. I do have my minamal cruise history at the bottom, only because it is an accomplishment for us, like a beginning.

I, too, appeciate knowing what ships/lines a person has been on as it allows me an insight into information they may have for me as I consider future cruises.

Harjinder

I was in the process of getting all our cruise information sorted and counted in 2010 when we had major damage done to the house and had to throw out lots of scrapbooks -- at that time I was up to 110 cruises and still sorting. Since then we have taken several more cruises.

So we are well over 110.

110 cruises! That is amazing

Hank

I think it's impressive. I still have to drag my butt to work each day (so cruising is limited) but I'm setting myself up to be able to do as much cruising as I like when I retire.

Why do people post long lists of cruises they have been on.

Countdown timers that cant possibly be of interest to anyone.

Large plan drawings of ships they have been on.

Why?

If you can't do it on Cruise Critic, then where can you?

Besides, you can update your setting to turn off the signatures. That may be the way to go for you.

But not for me. :D

So we are well over 110.

So sorry you had to discard many of your scrapbooks. That had to be hard to do.

But you still have all those special memories from your great many cruises. :)

I think it's impressive. I still have to drag my butt to work each day (so cruising is limited) but I'm setting myself up to be able to do as much cruising as I like when I retire.

Not really very impressive. As we have grown older and gone on longer and longer cruises (the most recent was 62 days) we have met many other frequent cruisers and travelers. On that last cruise (it was on HA) we had a wonderful table of 6 and we all got along quite well for the entire 62 days. But, when compared to our tablemates we were travel novices :). It is on the longer cruises (30 day+) that you get to meet the real cruise lovers. We are talking about folks that may easily spend 200+ days a year on cruise ships and have been doing that for a few years. For those of us who may have thought we were "frequent cruisers" meeting these folks is somewhat humbling :)

Hank

Including TA/s and river cruises, I kind of stopped counting about 8 years ago at 120. By now.....maybe 135 or so. I started in the early 60's with TA's to return to Europe with my parents to visit family as I am 1st generation USA and in addition to TA's our family vacations were always a cruise. Since then, I got hooked on traveling by ship. I've seen SOOOOOO many changes over the years!!!!! Some good, and some...... not so good.

So sorry you had to discard many of your scrapbooks. That had to be hard to do.

But you still have all those special memories from your great many cruises. :)

It was hard to do -- but they were just too ruined to be saved.

I usually get 2 or 3 cruises in a scrap album and three held 3 and 4 albums -- lost a lot of memories.

All I can say is WOW! Have any of you who are doing so many cruises written a book about your experiences? It might be really nice to read about cruising from passenger's point of view by a passenger, rather than by travel agents or former crew members.

Time to brag! Who has the most Cruises (not who you know to have the most) but personally.

It can be with any Cruise Line.

I'll start out with what will probably be a top contender of:

14 :eek:

LOL! I have 20 and with # 21 coming up-128 actual days-as my cruises have varied in length anywhere from 3 to 12 days. so you may be ahead of me if most of your cruises are 14 days plus!

However, even if you do there are many on here with more than 50 cruises on their belts. On my second cruise I met a gal going for 100 cruises ("before I die" she said)- that particular cruise was # 98-LOL! Since she was in her early 60's then (1999) I have a feeling she is going for 150 now-as I am guessing she is a youthful mid 70's by now.

How long a cruise? Some people will count a 2 nighter as a whole cruise, and others will count an 88 nighter as one.....:confused:

True I count cruise days-if I averaged my cruises by days-it would average out at 6 days-although almost half were 7 day and 3 were more than 7 day-those little 3 and 4 day cruises brings down the average-LOL! I haven't done a 2 day-and we decided no more 3 days almost 10 years ago-as we realized those really short cruises bring out the hard party types after doing a second 3 day-and we do not like that type atmosphere.

Archived