What size is your Suitcase? Over 24"?

daisyday33

I just printed my Carnival Luggage Tags and read the print on the side, which says "EACH SUITCASE SHOULD NOT WEIGH MORE THAN 50 POUNDS AND NOT EXCEED 24" W X 16" H". We only have 40 lbs. packed but our suitcase happens to be 28" (I hate to go buy a new one; we already have this one and it is in fine shape). Has anyone used a larger suitcase and had a problem?

I just printed my Carnival Luggage Tags and read the print on the side, which says "EACH SUITCASE SHOULD NOT WEIGH MORE THAN 50 POUNDS AND NOT EXCEED 24" W X 16" H". We only have 40 lbs. packed but our suitcase happens to be 28" (I hate to go buy a new one; we already have this one and it is in fine shape). Has anyone used a larger suitcase and had a problem?

They aren't including the length in the size capacity. x" L X x" W X x" H. The longest dimension on a suit case is the length, the next is the width and the third the heigth. Your 28" is most likely the length - measure the other two directions and I bet one is less than or at 24" and the other is less than or at 16".

24'' would still be considered a carry-on size by the airlines. We always bring two 29'' suitcases and one carry-on. We have never had a problem at the port.....now the airport is a different story because we always seem to be overweight when we return. I guess its probably all those t-shirts that I buy while on vacation

We always take 2 - 30" suitcases and 1 carryon. The weigh is always right on 40lbs [i get it right to the pound as I refuse to pay overweight fees. :eek:

I typically don't do a lot of shopping when I'm away but if I do... I always have a fold up bag that I can use as a second carryon if I happen to need it!;)

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Those dimensions that they publish is if you're not flying and want to carry your luggage onboard without having to check it in with the porters. The reason they only give you the width and height is because it can pass through the x-ray scanner.

I just looked at the tags I printed yesterday, all at the same time, to see the same size restriction. Good thing I did b/c 2 of them were in gobbledegook and had the wrong cabin number!

Carnival Legend was" Dbsojubm Mfhfoe" and I was on deck BGUQ!!!

Those must be some of the 'Carnival Secrets' they don't tell you about. ;)

3- 30" spinners for us and we've never had a problem!

Archived