VERY specific, probably unnecessary question...

languageartslady

I am sailing on the 11/25 cruise on Westerdam. I like to have everything I can possibly think of done ahead of time, since that's part of the fun!

I want to create a set of directions to drive to the port... does anyone know which terminal the Westerdam will be sailing from?

I can't figure out how to tell (or if it's possible). If you tell me WHERE to look, I don't mind doing the actual research...

Thanks for your help!

First of all it's good to post which port you're leaving from so folks don't have to go look that up. But I did - and it's Port Everglades.

The commercial cruise ships leave from the "mid-port" area of Port Everglades. And even if a ship left from terminal 26 (which is where HAL ships often leave from) the last 100 times, the port can change terminals at the last moment.

So I would suggest you plot your course to the midport entry gates and then follow the signs.

Here's a link to the Port Everglades terminal assignment webpage but it only shows 7 days in advance. But even if you check that 7 days in advance, you need to check the big boards as you enter the port area to be sure.

First of all it's good to post which port you're leaving from so folks don't have to go look that up. But I did - and it's Port Everglades.

The commercial cruise ships leave from the "mid-port" area of Port Everglades. And even if a ship left from terminal 26 (which is where HAL ships often leave from) the last 100 times, the port can change terminals at the last moment.

So I would suggest you plot your course to the midport entry gates and then follow the signs.

Here's a link to the Port Everglades terminal assignment webpage but it only shows 7 days in advance. But even if you check that 7 days in advance, you need to check the big boards as you enter the port area to be sure.

I'm sorry I didn't post where I was leaving from... :( I didn't think about it. I was thinking that someone might have just cruised and remembered. Do they change that often?

Thank you SO much for that link! It's exactly what I was looking for. :)

Terminal #26 is currently undergoing reconstruction/renovations and it is possible it will not yet be back in service in time for your Westerdam cruise. I've read here HAL has been using #4 in addition to another while their usual terminals are out of service.

Maybe just driving instructions to the port would be sufficient. Once you get to the port there are signs showing which ship is where and you just follow them to your terminal. The port is pretty good size but then again it's so not huge that getting around is all that difficult.

I doubt if terminal 26 will be ready by the end of November.

Presently HAL has been using terminal 4 -- but that could change by the end of November when MSC and Princess ships return to start their Caribbean seasons.

Once you drive through security -- there will be signs indicating which pier the various ships will be docked - and there are arrows pointing you in the right direction.

There are big boards near the port entrances that list which terminal each ship is docked at. You should not have any problem. It's hard to hide a cruise ship. :) You'll likely see it and will know which direction to head.

I just filled in my paperwork today for our Westerdam cruise in December. There was a link at the end for offsite parking that's considerably cheaper than parking at the port--just in case you're interested in that.

Do they change that often?

Thank you SO much for that link!

Yes --- you could leave from one terminal and return to a different one, so since you like pre-planning you might check that link just before cruise end.

At Port Everglades, while HAL ships have recently been assigned pier 4 multiple times, and I noticed they have also been assigned pier 29 and pier 25 during the pier 26 renovation.

In the past, HAL (and Seaborne) have had priority access to pier 26 (their main location), with pier 19 popular with many of their ships (other than the Vista and Signature class ships, which often visit pier 21 and sometimes pier 25), as I recall, when there are multiple HAL ships visiting on the same day.

If you are driving to Ft. Laurderdale, you might want to check out stay23.com and find a hotel that provides cruise parking as well as a shuttle to the port. If you're staying in a hotel anyway pre-cruise - this is cheaper than paying for parking at the pier. The shuttle to the ship is great - but my experience is that it is worth taking a cab back to the hotel to geet your car.

I doubt if terminal 26 will be ready by the end of November.

Presently HAL has been using terminal 4 -- but that could change by the end of November when MSC and Princess ships return to start their Caribbean seasons.

I thought MSC had moved to Miami from this season due to their new Caribbean ship being too big for Terminal 4?

Archived