Comedy Shows

Rottweiler Puppy

They would normally have 2 'comedy shows' during a 7 day cruise or even the same 'comedian' twice I must admit if you reads Readers Digest you would have heard or read all the jokes for the past 2 years but if they have a good audience then the ambience makes the show good but sometimes I quietly leave There is always something else to do There may be a hypnotist or a juggling team, or a magician/conjuror as well as 2 or 3 dancing shows

It's becoming harder and harder for the comedians that work for Princess to present material that's actually funny. Their stifled to the point that they all seem to reuse the same old tired jokes. You can run across a good one every now and then (with new material) but the really good ones demand more than Princess is willing to pay.

Do they have comedians onboard and how many during a 7 day cruise?

Thanks.

Yes they have some pretty good comedians....we don't do many shows as we are normally dancing , but we have some that we always go see altho we have seen there acts over and over, they are that good........James the Kid Michael, Steve Moris are our favorites, very talented, also Kevin Hughes, Troy Thirdgill(sp) are good.

It can also vary based on cruise and who is available. In Alaska, there was no comic on our trip - we had more Adrian Zmed! Woo!

But in the Canal we had 2 - Marck Corcker (Comedy Ventirloquist- Excellent! and Billy Vader - Needed to retire 10 years ago).

But the days of seeing up and coming comedians are pretty much past, not only due to cruise lines not offering much but they have so many other ways to get exposure now (not too long ago it was grind on cruise ships and clubs and pray to get on SNL or the Tonight show - that was it)

The ones on my last few cruises were absolutely funny but I dont think their material would work on Princess. It might but it woud be pushing the edge pretty hard.

If there isnt any it wont kill me but I hope there is some attempt at it.

Is ther a lit to find out who will be on my ship?

Ruby Princess Nov 25 sailing.

You should get an email a few weeks out listing at least one of the headliners.

The ones on my last few cruises were absolutely funny but I dont think their material would work on Princess. It might but it woud be pushing the edge pretty hard.

If there isnt any it wont kill me but I hope there is some attempt at it.

Is ther a lit to find out who will be on my ship?

Ruby Princess Nov 25 sailing.

Two comedians in 7 days is good and it's the one and only type of show we go to, but I am so tired of hearing the same old jokes. It doesn't matter what cruise line, they all talk about how small the shower is and soaping the shower down and spinning around to get clean. Oh brother...:o

Some of then are sad, continuing to rely on the same old material from 20 years ago. I imagine the restrictions on ethnic jokes will be even more restrictive since Princess lost that lawsuit recently. There's not much left for the comedians to rag on.

Some of then are sad, continuing to rely on the same old material from 20 years ago. I imagine the restrictions on ethnic jokes will be even more restrictive since Princess lost that lawsuit recently. There's not much left for the comedians to rag on.

The last few I saw didnt tell one cruise related joke at all. Pretty original material. The one does Carnival and RCCL mostly so I guess its a different crowd than what Princess has.

Hopefully these guys will be original at least. Either way just glad to be trying the Ruby next month.

So, are the comedy shows in the main show lounge or in the aft lounge? I'm wondering if there is both a stage show AND a comedy show, or just one or the other?

In past years there used to be two main shows in the Princess theater at 8 & 10 PM followed by a guest entertainer in the Explorers lounge (also repeated) and if you were quick you could catch both shows in one evening. Granted that on some nights the guest entertainer repeated his show so that everyone could get to see it.

The new way or doing things is to have only 2 shows in the main theater followed by nothing in the Explorers lounge except maybe a band or passenger participation types of entertainment) and the next night have a show for the guest entertainer in the main lounge- again with only minimal entertainment afterward.

They're cutting costs by eliminating guest entertainers and providing things like Trivia, Karaoke, movies and having the crew perform.

We do like Princess but I hope this come back to bite them in the future.

Sad. :(

The new way or doing things is to have only 2 shows in the main theater followed by nothing in the Explorers lounge except maybe a band or passenger participation types of entertainment)

Most of the ships with the shortened shows in the Princess theater are scheduling the show three times in one evening to help even out the crowds.

Many dislike the shortened shows. Some love them.

Most of the ships with the shortened shows in the Princess theater are scheduling the show three times in one evening to help even out the crowds.

Many dislike the shortened shows. Some love them.

Thanks for correcting that one. I missed typed an important difference. :D

Archived