Made the Switch

bled01

Cancelled my cruise on the Carnival Dream and booked on the Caribbean Princess. Saved myself $400 in the process and will get to see two ports that I have never been to(Aruba and Curacao).

Looking forward to trying Princess for the first time.

Welcome aboard! I'll be making my first Princess cruise in a little more than TWO WEEKS!

What made you cancel your CCL Dream cruise?

There were a few things...

• I was not liking the ports that the Dream was going to which is usually ok with us as we focus on going on the newer ships with more features. But then I started to have second thoughts the more I thought about the fact that the Dream does not have some of the amenities that her sister ships have.
  • We last went on Carnival in 2001 and were fine with the atmosphere and passenger demographics but I started to worry that doing Carnival during a school vacation week may be a bit crazy.
  • Cost was a big factor too as switching saved us $400 for a similar room.
  • I liked the itinerary of the Princess cruise and I have always wanted to go to Aruba.

I think really in the end the Dream was not a ship we were overly excited about and things just lined up for us to make the switch with the cost savings and better itinerary.

• I was not liking the ports that the Dream was going to which is usually ok with us as we focus on going on the newer ships with more features. But then I started to have second thoughts the more I thought about the fact that the Dream does not have some of the amenities that her sister ships have.
  • We last went on Carnival in 2001 and were fine with the atmosphere and passenger demographics but I started to worry that doing Carnival during a school vacation week may be a bit crazy.
  • I liked the itinerary of the Princess cruise and I have always wanted to go to Aruba.

I think really in the end the Dream was not a ship we were overly excited about and things just lined up for us to make the switch with the cost savings and better itinerary.

All sound like great reasons to try Princess. Welcome!

Cancelled my cruise on the Carnival Dream and booked on the Caribbean Princess. Saved myself $400 in the process and will get to see two ports that I have never been to(Aruba and Curacao).

Looking forward to trying Princess for the first time.

I think you made the right move! Have a great time...

Welcome to Princess !! You will love the experience !! We, also, switched to Princess today .. We deliberated for weeks on the right cruise for us and decided that we enjoyed the Celebrity Millennium last year , so we opted for the Jan 5 , 5nt sailing on Celebrity Constellation and made our deposit. We live in Houston TX and really wanted to sail on Princess but the cost difference was enough to choose the shorter sailing and get an upgraded cabin. Well, today I noticed that there was a price reduction and a special offer for the Jan 12 Crown Princess from Galveston.. so...we cancelled Celebrity, and booked a mini suite gty. We now get a better room, 2 more days, and extra port of call (Belize) and only have an hour drive instead of flying to Miami the day before. Having sailed on both lines I know either would have been great, but all the extras from the 7 day cruise added up to a less cost per person per day than the 5 night. We are spending more total, but the pp/pd went down quite a bit. NO AIRPORT SECURITY !! Yea !!

Carnival has changed a lot since 2001, it used to be the longer cruises on newer ships was the way to go. The changes have driven us to find another line and we were happy with our first Princess cruise.

Their ships are beautiful, the food is very good, our fellow passengers were wonderful.

Having sailed the Dream twice, I think you've made a good choice switching to Princess. Hope you have a great cruise, we'll be on the Carib Princess in Dec and can't wait to see Aruba and the other ports!

Cheers - Ms B

Archived