Do You Have a Cruise Tradition

Havinsnest

Something you do for every cruise?

We take a Toes and Ocean picture on the first day of each cruise (or in winter the first full day of the cruise as it's warmer by then).

On%2520the%2520way%252014.jpg

Um...great minds think alike? (see my avatar)

I always wear a Steelers shirt at embarkation.

Since I started doing it, I have never been short of friends on a cruise!

Florida Gators and Tennessee Vols hats for us.. friends or team enemies, we have lots of lively SEC conversations. ;)

I only wore a Wisconsin Badgers shirt once on a sea day. I won't do it again. The number of people that stopped to say hello made for a looooong trip anywhere and lots of reading interuptions! Don't get me wrong-I like friendly people, but it went from comical to exhausting after awhile. :)

But back on topic...our only ritual is to get on board early, grab a spot in the Bier Garten and get a bucket of beers. A great view of the growing action onboard, yet out of traffic.

I like the idea of your faviorte NFL Jersey! DH is Steelers and I am Cowboys! We will start this tradition:D

Wow - and you're still married????? :eek:

That would NEVER work in my house. In fact, I converted my DW from the Eagles to the Steelers prior to the big day!!

I could never share a home with a Cowboy.

;)

Shots of Patron Anejo for everyone in our party, from the older teens to the 84 year old grandmother.. And the series of quick-shot pictures while doing the shots lol... And it's preferable to have the shots served by a bartender named Wayan, and we definitely seek "him" out if there is one on board.. We always say that this tradition keeps the ship from sinking, and so far, we have been right!

Robin

We used to always take a photo in our stateroom mirror of us making funny faces and wearing our life jackets before the drill, but now that we don't have to put them on we have not done that for quite a while. :(

We do head straight to the MDR for lunch the first day on every cruise. That is actually one of the reasons I stay loyal to NCL as that to me is the perfect start to my vacation away from the buffet crowds and it is such a wonderfully relaxing way to unwind after the travel to get on the ship. :)

On every cruise and on our first evening at sea, precisely at midnight, we take a long leisure stroll on deck, looking out over a dark sea, seeing the stars twinkling high up in the sky, feeling the wind blowing in our faces. It's a magical beginning of yet another magical cruise. There have been times when there are no other passengers around at that time of the night, and we imagine we are on our own private yacht (a very BIG yacht).

Archived