Do You Have a Cruise Tradition

Havinsnest

We always head straight to an outside bar and have a cold Heineken...no glass...we have to drink it out of the bottle. This may be the only Heineken we have the whole trip, but this is always the first drink!!

I start 2 cruise countdowns for us - one for the number of work days remaining till we leave and one for the number of days until we step on the ship.

Used to share a "zero" candy bar with a coworker. We would pass it back and forth when we got to "zero" days until we left on vacation. Don't know what ever happened to that candy bar but we did it for years. It always ended up surprisingly in our mail tray on the last day at work.:)

We always have a theme to our embarkation photos. For example, one year we all wore Eagles jerseys. The next year, we all wore Phillies gear and so on and so on. Since we usually leave from NY the Mets fans were not particularly happy about our choice of Phillies attire that particular season. :eek:

We always call VaGirl and her main squeeze before sailaway...and they call us when they are cruising. We meet them via CC five years ago and have cruised together since but when we aren't all on the ship we at least get to live vicariously!

On our last cruise, during lunch in the MDR, we ordered a bottle of prosecco in VaGirl's honor and called her so she could her the waiter make it POP!:D

We always have dinner at Teppanyaki on the first night.

Tracy

Us too....Met people on our first NCL cruise (GYS and his family). They had this tradition so we joined them and continued it.

Our traditions are about getting things organized, i.e., let cabin steward know what we will need i.e., "ice" etc; check out table for 2 in the MDR; have lunch, lifeboat drill, unpack, then relax with a drink in the cabin during sail away.

Dinner on the last night of the cruise in Cageny's/East Meets West/Lazy J's

Its a great way to cap off a wonderful cruise experience!

11 Ships in the NCL Fleet, and I've been able to partake in this tradition on every single on of them! :D

Just courious, any particular reason for steping on the gangplank with the right foot?

I was curious about this, too. So I Googled it. Apparently, it's nautical superstition.

Disaster will follow if you step onto a boat with your Left Foot first.

Thanks Neil. We've continued this tradition for another five cruises since we met Neil and Maureen and now have a few others following our tradition. We hope that not too many people get the same idea or else we might not be able to get a Teppanyaki reservation the first night, haha. There's something special about sitting down and enjoying a leisurely Teppanyaki dinner after all of the craziness of getting to the port, going through checkin and muster drill, and knowing we've finally sailed and are really on vacation. Plus, we won't have any "surprises" nine months later.

Greg and Julie

Us too....Met people on our first NCL cruise (GYS and his family). They had this tradition so we joined them and continued it.

My DD is a very early riser. The first morning I get up with her. Usally around 5 or 6 am (if she has "slept in"). That morning we leave the cabin and go on deck to watch the sun come up togther.

The other mornings we make her stay in bed until 7 or 8 am.

WE have a few: always arrive in the embarkation city a day early (not this time though) we are flying into orlando, spending a couple nights with daughter and driving to Miami; we always attend and/or start the Meet& Greet and we always have dinner in a specialty dining room the first night: usually either the Italian or Asian. plus we make sure to have dinner in Le Bistro one night.

Archived