"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Nov 4, 2012

Radio

Radio, got the cuppa waiting to be filled as I turn the dial to tune in for yet another wonderful live cruise with you. I suspect it is going to be really hard to wait another 4 weeks till we hop on board.

Radio,

I always look your reports. It seems that you always know what people want to know before they ask.

Everyone appreciates all the time, effort and expense that you undertake in a "Live From" report.

I can't wait to hear about your train trip - I am flying in on Sat. As you probably know, M has changed her plans so she will be meeting my plane and we will be driving to Cocoa Beach together. I'm sending this link to my family so they can follow along on our adventures. See ya Sun if not before.

Carol

It's the Eastern....

Can't wait to head to EWR tomorrow...this should be fun......sailing live with Radio and lots of other CCers (the Gators, MedicKen, 138east, etc etc etc....).....and I will also follow along, so that I do not miss anything!!

Safe travels Radio!!

Meg, I think you should join us in February too.

Hey Radio!!!

So excited for another one of your wonderful threads! Just as Trainman finishes his cruise, you head out on another one of your adventures. Hope all is well with you and your family after the storm cause we really got hit here in Jersey. Be sure to have a great time and keep on posting!!!:D:D

Mairem17

Great timing .. Trainman-2 gets off his cruise tomorrow and you get on yours Sunday :)

Darn it, ya swiped my line! :p

Get some good shots on the Auto Train too Radio. Bit of a rail fan myself in addition to cruising. Enjoy yourself and thanks for the live thread!

Subscribing! Can't wait to read another Radio "Live from"! Enjoy your trip on the AutoTrain. We took it many times with our kids to visit the land of the Mouse.

Now I'm going to read your April 2005 Live from the Mariner -- a cruise we happened to be on!

Hello everyone. . .

I made it on board AutoTrain, but my connection was not as good as it should have been. . .definitely not enough for posting any pics. The signal comes and goes as we rail through populated areas. . .

We left the Passenger Terminal at Lorton, VA right at 4PM, and it was a very smooth ride. I had a very nice Crab Cake dinner, with Cheesecake and Ice cream. They played a movie in the lounge car, and I was concerned about all of the coffee I consumed might keep me awake last night. . . The coffee did not have an effect. . .I slept like a baby, and the rails rocked me to sleep nicely.

We are currently in Palatka, Florida. . .about 80 mi north of our destination in Sanford, FL. We are scheduled to arrive by around 8AM.(1 hour early) The cars have to be unloaded and I should be on my way around 10AM fro my short drive to Titusville, FL. . .which is very close to the Kennedy Space Center.

I have many photos so far from AutoTrain, but I will just post a few here, and will try to get more later when I have a better connection. It is now 630AM, and the first call for breakfast was just announced. . .

Thanks for all of the very nice comments, and thanks for tuning in !

Radio

This is one of two mighty Locomotives that will haul these rail cars down to Florida.

L6-vi.jpg

These are the ramps that allow cars and trucks to be loaded

L4-vi.jpg

I will sleep like a baby tonight

L5-vi.jpg

Day Configuration of AutoTrain Roomette

L1-vi.jpg

Sleeper at night

L10-vi.jpg

I love to stretch out in these roomettes

L11-vi.jpg

Archived