"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Nov 4, 2012

Radio

I'm following you from this side of the pond. We too were supposed to be sailing at present but on Jewel from Boston to Tampa. My upcoming Back surgery has put paid to that so this virtual crusing is my substitute.

Looking forward to reading more as the week goes by. :) ;)

Radio has a way with words and photo's that make you feel you are almost there. What a wonderful talent you have!

thank you so much for taking the time from your vacation to post this fantastic information and bring all of us along.

I have a friend who is Diamond on this cruise and he sent me an email at 11:50 saying the card readers were not working, the place was getting crowded and folks were getting angry.:(

So I assume this is at the pier correct? Wonder what the issue is.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk please excuse typographical errors

So I assume this is at the pier correct? Wonder what the issue is.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk please excuse typographical errors

Yes, he drove in from NC and got there early. He was sitting in the waiting area. Looking forward to hearing from Radio.

Hello everyone. . . .

I arrived at the pier by around 11AM. You now park first, then pay after your cruise. The amount is $15/day. I went up to the top floor of the Parking garage to get a photo of Freedom. She was glistening. . .I know, I know. . .Freedom of the Seas was built back in 2006, but she really felt like a new ship to me (today)

The Security line was very painful. . .I bring a lot of adapters, chargers, etc with me on every cruise. Security didn’t like what they saw in my carry on. . .They examined every USB Cable, every power charger, GPS, Camera, Battery.. . .There was a lot of stuff in the bag. . . All harmless, but I know they have to do their job.

When that was done we went upstairs to check in. . .the check in part was easy. . . But boarding was delayed because of the Sea Pass machines were not working. Passengers had filled the terminal to capacity, and there were several hundred more outside. Finally the boarding doors were opened and we were let in. We boarded at 12:30.

The ship appears beautiful and my cabin is very nice. . . I have a lot of things to explore this week on the Newly refurbished Freedom of the Seas. I am glad I will have 7 days to see her again.

Here are some pics of my arrival. . .

I will try to get some more pics after sail away. . . Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

I arrive at Terminal 10 to see my home for the next 7 night. . .Freedom of the Seas

SU9.JPG

I approach the passenger terminal to go through security.

SU10.JPG

Check In was easy, but that’s when the trouble began. . .

SU11.JPG

Ahh. . .Here at last. . . . We made it onboard by around 12:30.

SU19.JPG

I have a standard D2 Balcony, Deck 7, STB, FWD.

SU20.JPG

The Balcony is very deep on Freedom Class ships. . .

SU21.JPG

Radio - I'm getting ready to go. Will do a pick up at Four Points, a car drop off, and then off to the pier to meet others. Looks like a great day for sailaway!!

Did you see the ship dock this morning? I had good intentions of doing that, but ....they ended up being only intentions. See you later.

Hopefully you will see this before you get too far in your cruise.

THANK YOU!!!! for your help last May in my planning of our Explorer cruise. The info you gave me was invaluable I thank you sooooo much.

Here is wishing all of you a wonderful cruise!

Tim

Not too many folks out on the heli pad - we were there just three weeks ago. Lots of dolphins/porpoise were keeping us company as we headed out to sea.

We also. on departure, had problems with the key pass machines. Held us up for about 15 minutes at departure and at least one machine wouldn't come back on line causing a crunch at the exit. The good - our baggage was waiting for us and no line at customs.

Radio - I always enjoy your posts and look forward to reliving good memories.

We just watched Radio's sail-away...too bad the person doing the webcam controls didn't show the balcony peeps, mainly showed the top rails. I had hoped to see Radio sitting in his 'office' and waving at us. Anyway, bon voyage good buddy, have a blast. We will be with you every step, picture, everything & wishing we were there.

dm

Archived