"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Nov 4, 2012

Radio

We were on the Freedom 10/21- 28. Coco Cay was a whole lot more rough when we were there... The waves were significant and everyone had to get back on board early. It was a bouncy ride back. All thanks to Sandy.

Enjoy your sea day today!

so i wonder what radio thinks of the touch screen tv near the elevators for show times, dinner menu's etc. I have to say i really like it alot to see what was on tap for the shows that night, dining room menu's etc. I also liked the coke machines up on the pool deck where i could do self serv as long as you had your coke mug with ya. I miss the freedom but great to see it again thru radio's post.:)

Have you tried going into the menu to enable them?

Thanks for the reply....the last time I was on Royal was the Grandeur...and in a grand suite...I was able to use the usb port. Do you know if you can get into the menu with the tv remote on the Freedom D1 balcony cabins?

Thanks again.

Hello everyone. . . Today was a day of beauty and peacefulness. The weather was perfect, and the seas were calm. I may have felt a little rolling, but the seas so far have been extremely calm.

The Captain suggested that the seas were very rough last week during Hurricane Sandy. He also made a point to mention that the crew may seem a little more friendly when the seas are calm. I agree with him. . .the service so far has been wonderful.

We had our Meet and Mingle this morning and about 25 passengers were in attendance. There was a raffle for a few items The Activities manager noted that “ We are going to raffle off some of this =junk=“ This guy had a lot of jokes, amd I am glad that he hosted our Meet and Mingle.

Our Slot Pull was a lot of fun, but it was not very “Roll Call friendly” we all ended up taking a loss for our efforts. (Everyone started with $15, and ended up with $2.) We may try soemthing a little different on the last sea day.

We are traveling at a brisk pace at 20knt and we are scheduled to arrive in St. Thomas at 11AM. We still have 273nm to go. We will be able to see afew ships tomorrow in St. Thomas. The schedule includes Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Sun, and Eurodam (HAL)

Here are a few pics form today. . .more pics tomorrow !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

The Arcadia Theater starts to fill up for a show. . .

TU7.JPG

Cruise Critic Member (MedicKen) wins some valuable RCI Logo items.

TU10.JPG

Our Slot Pull was fun, but we did not break the bank

TU16.JPG

I signed up for the Coco Cola Freestyle drink plan. ($6.50 /day)

TU8.JPG

Café Promenade has very comfortable seating. . . These are great chairs

to relax in.

TU9.JPG

The water today was beautiful. . . And the seas were very smooth

TU14.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

The view from my balcony was very peaceful.

TU19.JPG

Families had a great time today in the H2o Zone

TU11.JPG

This may be one of the most brilliant innovations that were ever designed.

The H2o Zone is a big hit.

TU12.JPG

I did not enter this contest but the Sexiest Man Contest was very popular.

TU15.JPG

I would love to have this view everyday !

TU18.JPG

Here is our current location.

MAP5.JPG

Cruise Critic Member (MedicKen) wins some valuable RCI Logo items.

TU10.JPG

Radio;

Did Ken win the bling at the "Meet and Mingle"? Our M&M for week of 21st was very "wham, bam, thank ya mam"....

In any case tell Ken an his bride hi from the Oranges (You too!)

Hello Radio!

Once again, I am late to the party, but tuned in now and enjoying the show immensely.

Went through Port Canaveral 3 times now with problems boarding each time, last one being problems with those darned SeaPass machines trying to get aboard - uh, Royal, maybe some new machines would be in order (or even better, the facial recognition machines like those for Oasis and Allure). But . . . don't you all just LOVE the size of the staterooms and balconies on the Freedom class??? Kudos to Royal on that one, for sure.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise (I know I will) and THANKS so much for sharing it with us.

Hi Radio:

Great live report (as usual). I'm enjoying your pictures of the warm weather (especially since we're expecting 3" of snow here in NJ today).

Hope you, Medic Ken and Meg are enjoying your cruise.

Look forward to sailing with all of you on the Enchantment in January. Enjoy the rest of your trip. I will stayed tuned in for the next installment.

Hello everyone ! Welcome to Day 4 of “LIVE” from Freedom of the Seas

I really intended to make a very early post this morning; however, the internet connection has been down since 4 AM. (This has happened twice so far this Cruise. . .Arghhh)

Welcome to beautiful St. Thomas. Today looks like it will be another lovely and warm day in the Caribbean (86 F). Our ship tied up promptly at 11 AM and we are docked behind the Norwegian Epic and the Norwegian Sun.

I will be picking up my scooter shortly, though I have yet to decide where I will go. My plans do include Paradise Point. Several Cruise Critic members suggested I try a “Bushwacker”. . .Hmmmm. . .I think I have had one of these once. .. I think.

I also want to look for some electronics possibly. . .

Oops, looks like I have to get off the ship and pick up my rental. I must stop and get a cup of coffee on the way.

(Note to Radio: should you really drink coffee when it is this hot??)

Here are some pics from today. Many more later!

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

I wonder why there are no passengers out this early. . . . Hmm, may be because it is 7AM?

W2.JPG

Sunny skies should be the order of the day. . .

W6.JPG

The Marriott Frenchman’s Reef lets me know we should be docked soon.

W3.JPG

2 Norwegian ships docked at the West Indies (Havensight Pier) earlier this morning.

W7.JPG

Freedom of the Seas approaches the pier slowly.

W4.JPG

We made it ! We docked by 11AM. . .

W8.JPG

Archived