"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Nov 4, 2012

Radio

Hi Radio.

I am enjoying your review. I wish we had passenger trains with car following capabilities here in Canada.

I too would be looking and waiting for a good cup of coffee.

If possible could you do a map location image when you are anchored at CoCo Cay? We have never been there and I am curious about it's location. We are thinking about cruising on Freedom, so coming along on your virtual cruise is perfect. Except for the small fact that we are not on board with you now.

Enjoy your cruise and thanks for bringing us along,

Andrew

If you look at map its almost due east of miami fl and North of nassau, bahamas and south of freeport bahamas. coco cay is in red on map. Hope this helps

468031181_cococaymap.jpg.a2ce522952da136f84ee49e38dfc01b6.jpg

Good morning Radio!

Cant wait to hear/see whats on tap for today at Coco Cay? Sand between my toes sounds perfect, but here in the NE it feels like possible snow! :eek:

Regarding "Portofino"; it looks smaller than my favorite on board Explorer-? Is the layout long and narrow and since you said you love the food at Portofino, would you mind sharing and telling us what you enjoyed for dinner?? Something about the Menu? Service? Pics? View? lol Some form of a Teaser? Trailer? Hint? :D

Its great that you post those early morning shots!! At 4am, I would think the majority are fast asleep. Every cruise we go on, I plan one early morning, but waking at 5am never happens! Glad you found some coffee to drink at that hour. I can NOT find coffee on board that I like, other than specialty coffee on Celebrity. Do you know what kind of coffee they serve on Freedom? This would be some awesome info if you can find out!

Hi i think i can answer that for ya in the Café Promenade they serve the seattle's best coffee which is free or if you go to the deli next to wher they do the seattle best's you can get starbucks but that will cost you on your seapass

Hi i think i can answer that for ya in the Café Promenade they serve the seattle's best coffee which is free or if you go to the deli next to wher they do the seattle best's you can get starbucks but that will cost you on your seapass

Oh, yes, RC serves Seattles Best coffee- [brain freeze or blonde moment] oddly the flavor and taste vary from venue to venue for me. We have found, some of the time that room service coffee is the best, but this is not 100% of the time. It would be interesting to figure out why the coffee tastes different to me from different venues.

The best coffee we have found on board, again for us is the specialty coffee on Celebrity. :D

Hello everyone. . . Wow, I am posting very late today. There was a small problem with my server, and I had trouble connecting. . .but the problems seem to have been solved ! I will just combine my afternoon and evening post tonight.

Early this morning (630AM) we approached Coco Cay, and I wasn’t sure I would make it ashore today. . .The skies were gray and cloudy, and I wasn’t really feeling to well. The first tender went ashore at about 730AM. I watched the news for awhile (with my eyes closed), and made it ashore by around noon.

Hurricane Sunday really spared Coco Cay for the most part. Yes, there was some damage, but not as bad as they expected. A couple of the NEW Cabanas were lost, and others were damaged. The beaches had significant damage and the workers told me they have been working extra hours to get things going for the passengers.

The beaches looked good today, and everything seemed to have been cleared up. T he water was warm (and calm). . .The weather was still cloudy, but the temps were around 80F.

Tonight was formal night, and I will try to get copies of all the menus (for scanning)if I can. We had a party of 5, and our service was very prompt. . .The staff on Deck 5 (My Time Dining) worked very hard to be sure that everyone of us were happy. Two us had the Duck, 2 others had steak, and one had the fish (Barrimundi =sp?=)

The Captains Gala event always brings out huge crowds for a chance to have a photo with the Captain, and enjoy some “bubbly”. he introduced the officers, and seems to be very proud of his staff and crew.

I still want to try to make it to the production show, “Marquee” at 1045PM. . . I hope I can stay up that long. Hmmm. . .I made need one more coffee.

Tomorrow is a relaxing day at sea. . .The weather forecast should be warm temps, with more sun than today. The pools will be filled, and there will be many outdoor activities. I want to watch the Freedom Ice Show in Studio B tomorrow afternoon. We have a Meet and Mingle, as well as a Slot Pull in the afternoon too. .

Here are a few pics from today. . .Thanks for the nice coments.

Radio

The tenders are ready for me to go ashore

M38.JPG

The tenders were not busy when I went ashore around noon

M25.JPG

Freedom of the Seas looks beautiful from our tender

M24.JPG

Some of the New Cabanas were damaged during hurricane Sandy

M26.JPG

Some of the remaining cabanas were damaged also

M22.JPG

I arrive at the Tender Pier in San Juan

M21.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

The water at Coco Cay was very calm. . .

M17.JPG

Freedom passengers go through security for getting back to the ship

M15.JPG

We view the quiet Coco Cay Tender cove as we are about to leave.

M19.JPG

The water looks very nice as we leave the island

M27.JPG

Freedom of the Seas is anchored close to Coco Cay

M28.JPG

We are almost back (to my home for 6 more nights)

M29.JPG

Here are just a few more. . . More pics tomorrow.

Radio

The H2oZone is open late

M41.JPG

There were hundreds of passengers in the Royale Promenade

M42.JPG

The Captain greeted everyone and introduced his Officers

M31.JPG

A view of Royal Promenade from Deck7

M33.JPG

A view of the Centrum area decks. . .

M34.JPG

The Radio "Press Room". . .

M36.JPG

It's the Eastern....

Can't wait to head to EWR tomorrow...this should be fun......sailing live with Radio and lots of other CCers (the Gators, MedicKen, 138east, etc etc etc....).....and I will also follow along, so that I do not miss anything!!

Safe travels Radio!!

LOL......I'm reading backwards. I was in Delaware for the weekend so just started reading this last night. Did't realize the Gators, MedicKen and you were all cruising with Radio again. Have a great time!!!! Haven't been on the Freedom yet.

Patty

LOL......I'm reading backwards. I was in Delaware for the weekend so just started reading this last night. Did't realize the Gators, MedicKen and you were all cruising with Radio again. Have a great time!!!! Haven't been on the Freedom yet.

Patty

Patty, you usually dont miss a thing lady! :D We also haven't been on Freedom and Id like to. But, I think Freedom is more like the Oasis class than not..and that means very few indoor venues where you can sit and watch the sea....

Patty, you usually dont miss a thing lady! :D We also haven't been on Freedom and Id like to. But, I think Freedom is more like the Oasis class than not..and that means very few indoor venues where you can sit and watch the sea....

Hey, hi Stacey, I don't think it's like the Oasis. I have friends who love the Liberty and that's the same ship as Freedom. I heard the Diamond Lounge is really nice and that you can go sit outside there too. I'm anxious to see if we'll like the Allure because you know I love looking at the sea too - that's why Brilliance or any Radiance class ship is still my favorite!!!

Patty

Hey, hi Stacey, I don't think it's like the Oasis. I have friends who love the Liberty and that's the same ship as Freedom. I heard the Diamond Lounge is really nice and that you can go sit outside there too. I'm anxious to see if we'll like the Allure because you know I love looking at the sea too - that's why Brilliance or any Radiance class ship is still my favorite!!!

Patty

True! The Diamond lounge is up on Deck 14 near the VCL and Olive & Twist...and it does look out on the ocean! We need one up here for us in NJ, Patty!

Another Radio live report I always enjoy them. Hope your feeling better I can tell by your tone your feeling a bit under the weather. I see your on the Allure in April Eastern or Western trip? We're cruising on the Allure in May Western Carib.

Hello everyone. . .Welcome to DAY 3 of “LIVE” from Freedom of the Seas

I feel much much better today ! It's nice to feel good while on a Cruise. . .Who can ask for more ?

We are currently about 60nm form the Turks and Caicos island, and about 430nm from our next port of call in St. Thomas.

The weather is very beautiful today. . .it is very sunny, with just a few clouds and the forecast is calling for warm temps (in the mid 80’s)

Well, I didn’t stay up last night to catch the show, but there are several more I will try to attend. Freedom Ice will be held today in studio B. I seem to really enjoy the Ice Shows that RCI has. The skaters and music are all very good. . .That is usually the only show where I can stay seated for the entire show.

Passengers are already starting to claim their lounge chairs up on the pool deck. I also noticed the Pool deck hands were removing some of the towels and books. . .it seems that they maybe enforcing the rules in regard to chair hogging. The deck should be filled today passengers later this morning. It looks like we should have a beautiful day in the Caribbean,

Here are a few pics from (very) early this morning. I should try to sleep late one morning. . .

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

An unusual view from around 4AM in the Royal Promenade

TU1.JPG

The deck maps come in handy if you get lost.

TU2.JPG

A very sunny day up on Deck 11. . .

TU3.JPG

A "curved" view AFT from up on Deck 13 (St Tropez Deck)

TU4.JPG

Passengers line up for tickets to Studio B

TU5.JPG

Here is our current position. . .

TU6.JPG

Good morning! Glad you are feeling better! No fun to feel ill on a cruise.

This might be a stupid question, I hope you didn't answer it earlier & I missed it....But are you shooting w/ a fish eye lens or....? Is it a camera setting?

Also, did Meg or Carol or anyone carry on wine?

Archived