First Timer on Celebrity Reflection Caribbean Trip

Andykim

Hi! I am going on my first trip to the Caribbean on the Celebrity Reflection and I'm excited, but don't know what to expect. If you have been on it, please advise on do(s) and don't(s). Also, be visiting ports: San Juan, Puerto Rico; Philipsburg, St. Marteen; Basserterre, St. Kitts: would like some recommendation on what I can do with my family or where to look on this site. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi! I am going on my first trip to the Caribbean on the Celebrity Reflection and I'm excited, but don't know what to expect. If you have been on it, please advise on do(s) and don't(s). Also, be visiting ports: San Juan, Puerto Rico; Philipsburg, St. Marteen; Basserterre, St. Kitts: would like some recommendation on what I can do with my family or where to look on this site. Thanks in advance for your help!

Reflection if a brand new ship and on it's 2nd or 3rd cruise. Here's a link to the Roll Call boards for Reflection. Look up your particular sailing and chat with those on board and see that they are doing in each port. Also, there is a Caribbean "Ports" section to cruise critic with lots of good info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=722

I've been to all but St Kitts and will go there in Dec on Reflection. I'm sure you will love S class and this cruise. Lots of good things to do in these ports, check out the excursions on the X website and find some stuff that appeals to you and the fam. Enjoy!

(1) I would suggest that you go to the Celebrity site for 'shore excursions' for your itinerary. By checking out what is offered, you will get an idea of what is available in each port.

(2) Then I suggest that you go to the Caribbean ports section to see what people there recommend (or not). You will be more familiar with what posters are referring to. Then, too, you will be able to decide whether a ship's tour is even for you; posters share what they did alternative to ship's tours.

(3) Post your own questions on that board; people are really good about helping out.

Bill

san juan- the forts.. can walk if yuo are a walker. also the best Coach outlet i ever been too. but like all things a hit or miss.

St kitts- Thenford grey tours- type is name in and his website pops up. great tour. snorkel and sail thru the ship or on your own.. sail to nevis- very little shopping beyond the tourist store.

St martins- everytime i check there are 13,000 people coming in off ships that day. there are beaches including Moho where you watch the planes take off.. therre are nude beaches. .there is about 200 or so stores on the Dutch side. but the french side has better food and stores.. but in Euro's..

list goes on

Hi! I am going on my first trip to the Caribbean on the Celebrity Reflection and I'm excited, but don't know what to expect. expect a great cruise with superior service and a relaxed yet "modern luxury" atmosphere. If you have been on it, please advise on do(s) and don't(s). Also, be visiting ports: San Juan, Puerto Rico you will likely arrive in the afternoon and staying until late in the evening. I might suggest going to dinner in "old town" San Juan where your cruise ship is in port at a place like the Parrot Club; Philipsburg, St. Marteen lots of passengers at port; Basserterre, St. Kitts beautiful small island with a nice town, great rainforest, and friendly people : would like some recommendation on what I can do with my family or where to look on this site. Thanks in advance for your help!

Have you paid for the cruise or just going to book?

Archived