Traveling jeans revisited

magandab

In another thread there was a lot of discussion regarding the comfort, or lack of, of wearing jeans for long airline trips. I am of the "no jeans" category.... or I was.

I recently discovered these at L. L. Bean and ordered a pair. Hoping I can have the best of both worlds!

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/70391?feat=503224-GN2&page=easy-stretch-pants-pull-on-denim

I was just thinking of trying those new knit jeans! I believe Coldwater Creek makes them and I think QVC has them in Denim & Co. One of these days! Anyway, I bought my first pair of skinny jeans from Old Navy (with stretch) and they are WAY more comfy than I ever thought they would be. Still won't wear them for travel but they are nice for everyday wear!:)

I like those jeans as you say worn with jersey/top out. If not tucked in, you can't tell what sort of waistband. The good part is when you bend over or lean down, you won't be showing 'skin' to everyone. :D

I like those jeans as you say worn with jersey/top out. If not tucked in, you can't tell what sort of waistband. The good part is when you bend over or lean down, you won't be showing 'skin' to everyone. :D

Yes, that. There are several young, and not so young, women in my office that I know way too much about, if you get my drift.

I was just thinking of trying those new knit jeans! I believe Coldwater Creek makes them and I think QVC has them in Denim & Co. One of these days! Anyway, I bought my first pair of skinny jeans from Old Navy (with stretch) and they are WAY more comfy than I ever thought they would be. Still won't wear them for travel but they are nice for everyday wear!:)

I love my Coldwater Creek knit jeans. They are not mom jeans and are extremely well fitted and very very comfortable. I will only wear their knit jeans now. I wear them everywhere (even to *gasp* nice high end restaurants).

I love my Coldwater Creek knit jeans. They are not mom jeans and are extremely well fitted and very very comfortable. I will only wear their knit jeans now. I wear them everywhere (even to *gasp* nice high end restaurants).

I agree. I have a couple of pair - some of the colors look odd, but the dark wash City Fit jeans look just like regular, modern jeans. I wore them recently on a trip and they are great

The problem I have with pull on pants of any fabric is that they are frequently way to long in the rise and I'm either constantly pulling them up, rolling over the waistband or wearing them up to my bra! :rolleyes: I like the Chicos so slimming jeans. They're fashionable, fit well and have just enough give. I still wouldn't wear them on an international flight. :) Good luck with your jeans and let us know how they work out. I love llbean, but we don't have one within 200 miles! Makes it hard to shop... expensive for shipping returns.

The problem I have with pull on pants of any fabric is that they are frequently way to long in the rise and I'm either constantly pulling them up, rolling over the waistband or wearing them up to my bra! :rolleyes: I like the Chicos so slimming jeans. They're fashionable, fit well and have just enough give. I still wouldn't wear them on an international flight. :) Good luck with your jeans and let us know how they work out. I love llbean, but we don't have one within 200 miles! Makes it hard to shop... expensive for shipping returns.

I have the opposite problem; most pants are too short in the rise. OUCH!

I have just regular jeans that have some stretch to them and I don't find them uncomfortable at all. It's funny because some people (usually men) complain that formal wear is uncomfortable and the argument is that it probably doesn't fit well. My husband has never said that any of his suits/shirts/ties is uncomfortable.

I have a pair of knit jeans from Lands End - clearance a few years ago. I almost never wear them (kept them because they only cost $14) I would never wear them for travel. They're comfortable but I don't think they're my best look.

The main reasons I don't wear jeans for travel are that they are heavy to pack, don't dry quickly if they get wet, and are not flexible enough (and by that I mean that a pair of black trousers can far more easily go from casual to business to nice dinner than a pair of jeans can - at least in my wardrobe and with my style;))

I have a pair of knit jeans from Lands End - clearance a few years ago. I almost never wear them (kept them because they only cost $14) I would never wear them for travel. They're comfortable but I don't think they're my best look.

The main reasons I don't wear jeans for travel are that they are heavy to pack, don't dry quickly if they get wet, and are not flexible enough (and by that I mean that a pair of black trousers can far more easily go from casual to business to nice dinner than a pair of jeans can - at least in my wardrobe and with my style;))

I don't normally pack them, but I will wear them on a travel to or from day. Have come in handy when it was unexpectedly colder.

I don't normally pack them, but I will wear them on a travel to or from day. Have come in handy when it was unexpectedly colder.

I agree, I will only take the jeans I ordered (they are not here yet) if they are comfy enough to wear on the flights. I figure they can do double duty for me to wear on cooler days and then again on the flight home. Going from winter (such as it is here in Southern CA) to hot summer in Sydney, to cooler in the southern part of New Zealand, getting warmer by the day as we go north and back to Sydney. Then back to winter. Hmmm, now I see why I'm having such a tough time packing! :D:eek:

Only if you tuck your shirt in, which I don't do anyway!

And what on Earth is wrong with being a Mom? :cool:

Sorry, some people just make me go :mad::rolleyes: and :eek: all in one go.

I think the jeans looked nice.

And what on Earth is wrong with being a Mom? :cool:

Sorry, some people just make me go :mad::rolleyes: and :eek: all in one go.

I think the jeans looked nice.

Absolutely nothing is wrong with it, even though my only kids have four feet and tails! Some people on here just always seem to find something negative to say about everything. Have a hard time imagining them having fun on cruise!

absolutely nothing is wrong with it, even though my only kids have four feet and tails! Some people on here just always seem to find something negative to say about everything. Have a hard time imagining them having fun on cruise!

You took the words right out of my mouth ;)

In another thread there was a lot of discussion regarding the comfort, or lack of, of wearing jeans for long airline trips. I am of the "no jeans" category.... or I was.

I recently discovered these at L. L. Bean and ordered a pair. Hoping I can have the best of both worlds!

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/70391?feat=503224-GN2&page=easy-stretch-pants-pull-on-denim

not even if they were free

however I wear jeans when traveling all the time and it doesn't bother me (I am also anti sweatpants in public but that's a whole nother story)

but still, no to the elastic waist band jeans it just screams 1. unable to do snaps/buttons, 2. grandma pants, and 3. "I didn't have time to order any pajama jeans" (which I also wouldn't wear;) )

This is my own personal opinion but I will say you should wear whatever YOU feel comfortable in. If I were wearing them the above would be my internal dialog and I just would not be comfortable at all.

Absolutely nothing... I think you've gotten lost in the translation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mom_jeans

Too funny and thank you Sherilynn. By that definition, other than the fact that the waist is elastic, the jeans being discussed don't even come close. They are below the waist, dark wash, flared/wide leg. As I said, some just enjoy being negative I guess.

Archived