We NEED some reports on VOS - please.

bazzaw

For everyone sailing on voyager we have just returned and it was a wonderful trip and she is an amazing ship, we had a balcony cabin on deck 6 and our cabin steward was Ramill, he looked after us very well and made our trip very comfortable. We where on our familymoon as we had just got married prior to the trip and bought our teenage boys with us and they had a great time. I found people complained daily about trivial things but we just made the most of everything even when our room flooded, it took 3 days to dry but the staff do everything to make your time on the ship perfect. Food was the only thing that was a bit of an issue, it was always hot ,plenty of choice ,served quickly, but just a bit boring, we had booked portifino,s for two nights and that was amazing. There are heaps of choices on this ship every day and we tried lots of the things in the daily compass, the grog is really cheap and leave a bit of space to take home the glass wear that comes with the daily cocktail it's quite nice and the smaller martini type glasses are wonderful, I hope everyone booked on this amazing ship has a wonderful time as we did, we loved it so much we have booked our next cruise on radiance of the sea to Hawaii in 2014.

Enjoy Judy :)

Thanks for your great review Judy!

I will be almost ready to board her this time next week, firstly for our 1-day sampler then for our cruise to NZ!

Yippee!:D

Gae

Welcome back!

Cant wait til January 5 when we board her!! Actually come to think of it, cant wait to watch her arrival into Sydney next week!

I hope you have an amazing time like we did, and enjoy the arrival in Sydney

Judy:)

Glad that u had a great time Judy. We r also thinking about that cruise for 2014. :)

We had an amazing time, and from the looks of it we have enticed quite a few others to book with us, I think we have 8 so far so it will be fun traveling with family and friends, the trip looks great, my sister has done the same one on princess but is going to come and try radiance, and she said it was wonderful, we have booked our cabin and where lucky enough to get our first choice so can't wait...

Thanks for your great review Judy!

I will be almost ready to board her this time next week, firstly for our 1-day sampler then for our cruise to NZ!

Yippee!:D

Gae

Enjoy enjoy enjoy I know you will have a great time, I think my favourite part of the ship was deck 4 it just reminds me of the older ships and its a great spot to sit and read...

I was onboard Voyager Of The Seas a week or so ago, for a ship inspection.

If there's anything in particular you are wanting to know, feel free to ask, I may know the answer!

I have some photos I was wanting to upload to share however have noticed that my usual webshots is shutting down. Does anyone have any good recommendations of free online photo hosting sites?

Thanks!

And the VOS excitement is building, at this time, 2.40pm, 22/11, she is 140 km east of Sydney, ETA 7.30pm, Thursday 22/11. I am sure there will be pics somewhere on CC tomorrow.! Maybe even this evening!

Quick Quiz, which ship is longer, Celebrity Solstice or Voyager of the Seas?

A. Celebrity Solstice - 1033 feet

(VOS is 1020 feet in length.)

(VOS is 137,000 gross tonnage

(Solstice is 122,000 gross tonnage)

I was onboard Voyager Of The Seas a week or so ago, for a ship inspection.

If there's anything in particular you are wanting to know, feel free to ask, I may know the answer!

I have some photos I was wanting to upload to share however have noticed that my usual webshots is shutting down. Does anyone have any good recommendations of free online photo hosting sites?

Thanks!

I use www.photobucket.com

Jilly:)

And the VOS excitement is building, at this time, 2.40pm, 22/11, she is 140 km east of Sydney, ETA 7.30pm, Thursday 22/11. I am sure there will be pics somewhere on CC tomorrow.! Maybe even this evening!

How cares????????????

I can wait to see how good VOS is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just wondering if any TV crews are going aboard VOTS.

I seem to recall that when Radiance of the Seas first came to Sydney, one of the breakfast shows (maybe Today or Sunrise :confused:) featured her throughout their program one morning. I think the weather man may have been on board & presented his segment from a different part of the ship each half hour.

the difference also is VOS beam 156ft, solstice 121ft. I like stats too'

Queen Mary 2 -- 1132 feet

150,000 gross tonnage

Passengers only 2620 -- compared to VOS 3114

Barry

Queen Mary 2 -- 1132 feet

150,000 gross tonnage

Passengers only 2620 -- compared to VOS 3114

Barry

Those stats are really interesting - comparing QM2, Solstice & VOS. QM2 is big but less passengers, Solstice is longer but not as wide as VOS. We are on Solstice soon so will be interested to see how she feels in comparison (size wise) with QM2. Not on VOS in near future (pity).

Agree with Big M - if you are not interested why bother replying.

Will be keen to hear what you think of VOS Bazzaw especially as you have done Cunard as well.

Gidday all!

Having a bit of difficulty locating pictures or video of the teen area, I have a tween and teen sailing in December.

Also, does anyone know when the gym is open, I don't require an instructor, just for access. Oh, and the gym shower area, what is provided?

Thanking you in advance.

TraceyG

Thank you The Big M.

I was hoping for an earlier time, but 6am is cool, can do a warm up stair climb first, I know, sad.

Anyone else with tween and teen area photos or information. My DS wants to know what gaming they have available, PS3 or Xbox. I know, more sad. He is a bit of a health guy too, so both questions, gaming and the gym apply.

Thanks again fellow cruisers.

TraceyG

I'm just wondering if any TV crews are going aboard VOTS.

I seem to recall that when Radiance of the Seas first came to Sydney, one of the breakfast shows (maybe Today or Sunrise :confused:) featured her throughout their program one morning. I think the weather man may have been on board & presented his segment from a different part of the ship each half hour.

the tv crews were on with us in fremantle

channel 7 did it

but lots of choppers around as we came in

Those stats are really interesting - comparing QM2, Solstice & VOS. QM2 is big but less passengers, Solstice is longer but not as wide as VOS. We are on Solstice soon so will be interested to see how she feels in comparison (size wise) with QM2. Not on VOS in near future (pity).

Agree with Big M - if you are not interested why bother replying.

Will be keen to hear what you think of VOS Bazzaw especially as you have done Cunard as well.

Sorry I have offended, that was certainly not my intention.

I really am expecting more "Las Vegas" on VOS than the "Buckingham Palace" of QM2 :D Here were some of my thoughts re QM2 after our first short cruise on her in 2011 http://ukagain2010.blogspot.com.au/2011/03/queen-mary-2.html

Barry

Didn't take long to get out .. ship was a sick ship arriving into Perth we boarded there and were hand served in all food and beverage areas until Adelaide ... we were then trusted to serve ourselves until Wednesday just gone .... no mention of latest outbreak was mentioned onboard that we were aware of ... before we blame the pax imo it's time RCL take a good long hard look at the cleaning regime in one place in particular the Windjammer ...sticky plastic cane look chairs a haven for bacteria, dirty table surfaces cleaned with dirty chux cloths...didn't once see anyone rinsing their cloth!!!!! In the MDR our head waiter's uniform stained and grubby ... the assistant dropping circles of bread into onion soup ... no gloves on ... for goodness sake... had he not been told what was going on ... RCL is a far cry from our first cruise on her back in 2007... Mr RCL it doesnt matter how clean we are and how stringently we follow your hygeine rules if your staff don't pick up their act you will bw heading for the horizon with your funnel between your pods when people flock back to the opposition ....

Archived