Are we in "trouble"

We are leaving for Explorer of the Seas on 06/05, and haven't had the time to bok the excursions. Now, it's too late to book them online, so we will have to wait to board the ship before we can book anything...We were looking forward to the dolphin swim excursion, as well as Sting Ray city snorkling....What are the chances that these will be sold out?

If they are sold out, can you recommend another excursion for us?

thanks!

have you heard of a company called shoretrips.com ? I"m thinking of booking some excurions with them instead of RCL....

If the dolphina are not sold out, in your opinion, is it worth the $145 per person?

Skimby, if you go over to the Ports of Call message boards, and go to the specific ports where you wish to swim with dolphins and to snorkel, you may find information immediately. I know that people have reported on shoretrips over there.

Carol

Bon Voyage!

I suggest to do a search for shoretrips.

Just an fyi, when we were on our excursion in Belize, there was a family there that paid a lot more through shoretrips than we did. Sometimes you cannot book without going through an agency and you have to pay them. You still have time to do some homework. If you check out the thread about Grand Cayman, I have posted links to a lot of private companies that have been recommended by people on these boards. We did the Buccaneer and had a wonderful time.

Michelle

We are leaving for Explorer of the Seas on 06/05, and haven't had the time to bok the excursions. Now, it's too late to book them online, so we will have to wait to board the ship before we can book anything...We were looking forward to the dolphin swim excursion, as well as Sting Ray city snorkling....What are the chances that these will be sold out?

thanks!

I wouldn't worrie to much, our family never books ahead of time. We always book when were on a ship and haven't been turned away from what we wanted. But make sure you go down to the booking desk as soon as the ship sails and I would be willing to bet you can still get the dolphin swim excursion. I thought i'd heard theres always some left open so people can book on the ship. Just check right away!

thanks!

Please sign up for the Meet N Mingle. WE NEED 7 more people for the 25 minimum

They always leave some for sale on the ship. I checked on some of my Alaska excursions a couple of days ago and there were a couple sold out but it said to check on board. I am sure this is for the ones left for the ship.:)

We always book our tours independently from the ship. The Ports of Call section on the CC Board has wonderful information.

When we change ports in Jamaica from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios, we got off the ship and booked someone locally. We used the security people with the red tams to find us a credible taxi driver.

thanks!

I assume you are doing the Western Caribbean. We did the dolphin excursion with Dolphindiscoveries.com. You should be able to book with them on line. We did the more expensive one where we actually were able to do the toe-push and other things with the dolphins not just get in the water with them. Was a wonderful experience......expensive for me and 2 daughters....but well worth it! Also try Captainmarvins.com for the sting ray city tour. Have used him every time and really enjoyed it. If the weather is bad or for some reason you can't stop at Grand Cayman they will not charge your credit card.

My daughter and a friend were able to sign up for the Dolphin swim at the pier in Cozumel last August. And for very little extra, they were able to swim with sea lions and see a sea lion show also.

Yes, we are doing the west caribbean, and dolphindiscoveries.com is sold out for June 9 :( I'm really bummed about that....I'm sure there will be other excursions, but if you have any other ideas for me and my husband, we would really appreciate it...

Skimby,

We are snorkeling with Nativeway at Stingray City that week (on your cruise), why don't you contact Sharon at Nativeway and join us? It's only $25 per person (rather than the $55 the ship's tours often are), a smaller group and a nicer experience, IMHO. This will be our 2nd time with Nativeway (once before on a ship's tour) and we are looking forward to it; they are very nice!

Ellen

PS Maybe see you on the cruise!

Thanks!

I sent an e-mail to the company- hopefully i can have at least one excursion booked before today is over!

I"m thinking that maye we will go cave tubing in belize, if we cna't do the dolphin swin in Cozumel - The reviews on this website make the excursion sound much more fun that RCL's website...

Skimby,

I believe that RCCL holds a number of excursions for people who cannot book online and may not have access to a computer. We waited until the last minute to book online and were unable to do so and we did it once we were on the ship and we were able to do evertyhing we wanted to. We did a few excursions with RCCL and a few private excursions. The only place I think you should have an excursion booked (whether private or through RCCL) would be Belize. We did the cave tubing and it was probably my families favorite excursion.

Andrea

In Cozumel we did a snorkeling excursion on the Zorro. It was wonderful! Like swimming in an aquarium. I have to say that it was the best snorkeling we have ever done. (They also offer SNUBA if you want to try that.)

Here is their website:

http://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelSnubaDivingExcursion.htm

If you don't get your Sting Ray City excursion, we sailed the Buccaneer and had a marvelous time.

Here is their website:

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Stingray_City_Buccaneer_Catamaran.htm

Good luck and have a great cruise!

Michelle

We always book our tours independently from the ship. The Ports of Call section on the CC Board has wonderful information.

That's what I'd do. These boards usually allow you to get more bang for your buck when it comes to excursions. You can get great information from the ports of call section. :D

In the Caymans We did the Cockatoo Catamaran to Stingray City. Wonderful experience the first time so the second cruise we did it again and the experience was just as quiet, restful and enjoyable. They make sure your adventure with the Stingrays is as educational as fun. There was a group with another tour group at Sting Ray City and they were throwing their styrofoam cups into the ocean. Our group was so outraged we all yelled then swam over and picked up the other tour peoples garbage. I am saying this to anyone who reads this because it is up to us to keep our oceans as clean as WE can. Please don't litter people.

here's my little update - since it looks like the dolphin swims are sold out, I've been looking into cave tubing @ belize instead -

Extreme cave tubing is sold out for June 7.

coralbreezelimited.com is supposed to call me back tomorrow regarding a possible booking (as per his e-mail)

I hear regtour.com is just "ok"? it's cheaper, but no lunch, if that matters?

any advice?

Stingray swim and snorkel through RCL is also sold out, so I've started looking into my other options for that date as well...

here's my little update - since it looks like the dolphin swims are sold out, I've been looking into cave tubing @ belize instead -

Extreme cave tubing is sold out for June 7.

coralbreezelimited.com is supposed to call me back tomorrow regarding a possible booking (as per his e-mail)

I hear regtour.com is just "ok"? it's cheaper, but no lunch, if that matters?

any advice?

Stingray swim and snorkel through RCL is also sold out, so I've started looking into my other options for that date as well...

Check the individual ports boards for help with excursions. For cave tubing recommendations in Belize, look here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

thanks!

Haven't had time to book your excursions??? I don't understand that, what could possibly be more important than your cruise..... kids, family, pets, work,.........sounds like you need to get your priorities straight! :)

jk...we have gone several times without booking on-line and were able to get what we wanted, you will probably still be able to find something you want to do. Good luck and have a great trip.

Archived