*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Navigator in port & sailing today ? Is this a one-nighter for TAs or something ?

Yes, 1 nighter for TA's and big wigs from Miami to show off all the upgrades.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

We live in Austin too but live in South West and those are all great recommendations. We aren't young or hip anymore (mid to late 30's) but if she needs any recommendations feel free to ask. Also the Arboretum is nice too if you are looking for areas. Generally if I was young and hip I would want to be as close to Downtown as possible. If you are working up north it isn't too bad to get up there because you are going reverse of the flow of traffic. Also there are some great older neighborhoods south of 183 that could get her closer to Downtown.

If she exercises there are great trails etc... near downtown too she could use. I work Downtown and love being able to bike or jog around the river on my lunch break.

We love it here in Austin.

Thanks!! She will work in the north. How do we find out about the older neighborhoods you mentioned? She exercises and also lives yoga. She will enjoy the trails too.

Hi Cindy:

We booked the Liberty repositioning cruise from New Jersey to Galveston 11/1/15. Booked the day it came out, called yesterday and got $1,100 off our balcony rate with the BOGHO special.

Mary

We have been looking into that one as well. Have you sailed the Liberty before?

No, but as there is no transatlantic to Galveston, sailing the next best thing to bring a new ship home:)

We live about two and a half hours from Bayonne so that is an easy commute. Will have to check flights from Galveston. We are doing the Explorer repo in November but have been spoiled by the Allure!

Has anybody booked Liberty yet? With the BOGOHO sale, prices are very reasonable. I love the repositioning, but I don't think that will work with our schedule, so I'm looking at either the week after Thanksgiving (November 29) or the first cruise in December in 2015.

We're booked on her Sept 13, 2015! Super-duper cheap prices with the BOGOHO sale going on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We live about two and a half hours from Bayonne so that is an easy commute. Will have to check flights from Galveston. We are doing the Explorer repo in November but have been spoiled by the Allure!

No flights from Galveston. Hobby airport is the closest at 35-40 miles. IAH - Bush Intercontinental is 71 miles with all major and international airlines. If you can, recommend flying out of Hobby, Try to stay in Galveston a few days as it is very historic and lots to see.

I'm actually looking at the December 6th cruise or possibly the 9-day on November 13th. I'm undecided and I know I need to make up my mind and book while the prices are reasonable (and before this sale is over!) :D

We went ahead and booked for December 6th 2015 this morning! Happy Mother's Day to me!! I had noticed the prices went up almost $100 since yesterday so we didn't want to keep putting it off. :D

Thanks!! She will work in the north. How do we find out about the older neighborhoods you mentioned? She exercises and also lives yoga. She will enjoy the trails too.

Here is a blog about Austin and has a great map of the areas more 'central' and what they are called...

http://www.westcampusliving.com/blog/austin-neighborhoods/the-city-of-austin-tx

Clarksville is awesome but very pricey. Since she would be working up north neighborhoods like Allandale or Crestview might be nice. The closer you get to the river (runs between Downtown and bouldin creek/soco/Travis Heights) the more expensive it gets. There are trails along that river plus up shoel creek which runs through Clarksville and Old Enfield etc... If you get north of 183 Austin gets very industrial/modern and more like Dallas to me. The Arboretum is very beautiful too.

Hopefully the map will help out some.

Here is a blog about Austin and has a great map of the areas more 'central' and what they are called...

http://www.westcampusliving.com/blog/austin-neighborhoods/the-city-of-austin-tx

Clarksville is awesome but very pricey. Since she would be working up north neighborhoods like Allandale or Crestview might be nice. The closer you get to the river (runs between Downtown and bouldin creek/soco/Travis Heights) the more expensive it gets. There are trails along that river plus up shoel creek which runs through Clarksville and Old Enfield etc... If you get north of 183 Austin gets very industrial/modern and more like Dallas to me. The Arboretum is very beautiful too.

Hopefully the map will help out some.

Thanks for the info! We arrived in Austin today and will begin our search for apartments tomorrow. It is a bit overwhelming!

Thanks for the info! We arrived in Austin today and will begin our search for apartments tomorrow. It is a bit overwhelming!

Welcome! Make sure you go to hula hut while you are here and sit out on the pier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Welcome to The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group (Part 3). :D If you enjoy watching Mariner of the Seas arrive and depart on the Galveston.com webcams, you have come to the right place! If you have never heard of the Galveston Cruise Cam, here is the link: http://www.galveston.com/webcams/

This is the thread we will be using for the 2012/2013 season.

Who wants to be a part of our group? Join today! :)

Thank you for the link. We will cruise from Galveston on March 22, 2015 on Navigator of the Seas.

I realize it can vary, but any good estimate as to arrival time of Navigator into port? Considering driving down to Galveston tomorrow morning to watch her sail in.

530 to 6

Then we will be departing on her tomorrow also.

Yea!!!

Edited by ssb