*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Scrolled through today's WOW sale departures.....Navigator was not on the list. Guess it is selling well enough they do not have to discount any further....at least right now.

I checked too!

Yes you are correct!

Our fares and yours im sure on BTB REPO and TA

Are still well below posted pricing now.

Hello to all my Galveston cam watchers. We are headed to Alaska once again next Monday on the Norwegian Sun on a b to b. WOW, are they giving away rooms on the ship. We upgraded to a balcony room for $719pp. Our cabin we are giving up on the inside is $379pp. You can't go to the Caribbean for those prices as some rooms are $299pp. :eek:

Enjoy your trip!

Know you love Alaska.

We have one booked.

When it gets closer

If you don't mind help us out with your

Well earned info.

Returning to NORMAL!

2 Carnivial ships and in a few short months a year-round Royal C ship!..Now, to get Celebrity back to do 10 and 11 night partials of the Canal and all will be right with the world.

That would be great! I agree!

As said before we gave up and are

Doing next year ft lauderdale to San Diego .

Would love to do out or into Galveston though.

So Princess is sailing out of Bayport again in the winter of 2014/2015? I thought the reason they were sailing out of Bayport this upcoming winter is because Disney has a Sat-Sat schedule this winter and there isn't room for Princess on the weekends.

Thanks for the screen shot pspercy. I missed her arrival.

Edited by Texas Teen

So Princess is sailing out of Bayport again in the winter of 2014/2015? I thought the reason they were sailing out of Bayport this upcoming winter is because Disney has a Sat-Sat schedule this winter and there isn't room for Princess on the weekends.

Thanks for the screen shot pspercy. I missed her arrival.

Princess is sailing out of Bayport because they received millions of dollars from Houston; Galveston refused to pay.

Returning to NORMAL!

2 Carnivial ships and in a few short months a year-round Royal C ship!..Now, to get Celebrity back to do 10 and 11 night partials of the Canal and all will be right with the world.

We'd love for Celebrity to sail from Texas!

Thanks for photo

and welcome back triumph

For the economy is Galveston!

It is great for Galveston's economy! Glad to see Triumph back in port. They've got several new venues, a Guy Fieri's Burger place, the Blue Iguana cantina, the Alchemy Bar, and a couple of others. Also new carpeting throughout the ship, new beds, linens, etc., and of course, everything spiffed up. John Heald is in town to give it the big send off today. They have special gifts for every cabin today also. My TA friend said that Triumph is booked for the entire summer...that there was nothing available.

We just returned from a 7 day Hawaii cruise on NCL. That was our first time on NCL and maybe the last. I was not impressed to say the least. However, getting to see 4 islands in a week was great. I've got some beautiful pictures!

Edited by CGBCruiser

I am guessing John Heald is not sailing with Triumph, at least his blog has not indicated that he is...just in town for the PR they are looking to generate for the ship's return.

Our son was on triumph a few weeks brfore the crisis, he and his wife were not impressed. As a matter of fact, it made them Loyal to Royal. His major complaint was the food quality.

But that seems to be the topic on almost all mainstream cruiselines today, so it is not exclusive to Carnival.

Just glad to see ships, year round.....great for the island!!!!!

My biggest complaint about Galveston (not actually Galveston) are the folks that come from the airport, turn left over the bridge then come back to CC and pontificate that the island is dirty, ugly, etc. They never bother to even think that they are on the "working" side of the island!!!!

Could you please post the link for this web cam!!! Pretty please!!:D

I found it, thanks anyway!

Probably is the ABC 13 cam on top of

American National Insurance in downtown

Galveston.

No I see now it is the Emerald Cam on the high rise

Edited by ssb

Enjoy your trip!

Know you love Alaska.

We have one booked.

When it gets closer

If you don't mind help us out with your

Well earned info.

Let me know if I can be of any help at all. My pleasure to help your Alaska cruise be even better.

We are now in Spokane, Wa. It snowed today pretty good as we went up over Chief Joseph Pass along the Montana border heading out from Salmon, Idaho today. Is this mid June? :D

Edited by klingoncruiser

Let me know if I can be of any help at all. My pleasure to help your Alaska cruise be even better.

We are now in Spokane, Wa. It snowed today pretty good as we went up over Chief Joseph Pass along the Montana border heading out from Salmon, Idaho today. Is this mid June? :D

Thanks

And enjoy your trip and cruise. :)

I happened on this info on a travel site

Galveston new ship - Disney Wonder

In addition to Carnival triumph and magic, and rcl navigator

Repositioning thru Panama Canal

Leaving 14 Sep 2013

Los Angeles, CA to Galveston, TX

Disney Wonder

Showing Bookings available at least thru January 2014

Edited by ssb

I am guessing John Heald is not sailing with Triumph, at least his blog has not indicated that he is...just in town for the PR they are looking to generate for the ship's return.

Our son was on triumph a few weeks brfore the crisis, he and his wife were not impressed. As a matter of fact, it made them Loyal to Royal. His major complaint was the food quality.

But that seems to be the topic on almost all mainstream cruiselines today, so it is not exclusive to Carnival.

Just glad to see ships, year round.....great for the island!!!!!

My biggest complaint about Galveston (not actually Galveston) are the folks that come from the airport, turn left over the bridge then come back to CC and pontificate that the island is dirty, ugly, etc. They never bother to even think that they are on the "working" side of the island!!!!

Yes they don't know what they are missing!

32 miles of beach :)

And all the other tourist destinations:)

There goes Carnival Magic. Glad that this time next year, we will be able to watch a Royal Caribbean ship on our webcam. :cool:

I really don't like how cruisers are directed onto Harborside Drive. Not only does it bypass anything interesting and give people a bland image of Galveston, but the extra traffic means a wider street that acts as a buffer between the Strand and the harbor.

Edited by Texas Teen

• 3 months later...

I heard something on the TV news Friday

night (I live in Houston) that either Galveston or Texas is going to start charging taxes on duty free things bought on the ships that come into Galveston.

Can they do that? Did I hear something wrong? Anyone else heard anything about that?

I know that when I bought alcohol in Mexico over the boarder into Texas I got charged a tax on it. I don't know if it was Texas or the Feds. But, as far as I can remember, it was just alcohol or tobacco and not other things.

I was probably watching Channel 2 since it was the 10:00 news and that is what I normally watch unless it is pre-empted by something. I haven't seen anything in the Chronicle or here on Cruise Critic.

Tucker in Texas

night (I live in Houston) that either Galveston or Texas is going to start charging taxes on duty free things bought on the ships that come into Galveston.

Can they do that? Did I hear something wrong? Anyone else heard anything about that?

I know that when I bought alcohol in Mexico over the boarder into Texas I got charged a tax on it. I don't know if it was Texas or the Feds. But, as far as I can remember, it was just alcohol or tobacco and not other things.

I was probably watching Channel 2 since it was the 10:00 news and that is what I normally watch unless it is pre-empted by something. I haven't seen anything in the Chronicle or here on Cruise Critic.

Tucker in Texas

I don't know the details, but I hard something about this a couple of days ago. I need to look into this before my next cruise.

Tucker in Texas

Yes, there was an article about this in the Galveston paper earlier this week.