Favorite thing about CCL

sweetcurves

Price, and that they have the largest number of ships sailing within driving distance, reducing traveling costs even more. Great cruise line for a cheap getaway.

We always feel relaxed and have fun on Carnival. It's our kind of people cruising with us. Didn't feel that way on RCI. Felt like everybody thought they were better than us.

I hadn't thought about that, but you have an excellent point. I love cruising Carnival, because 98% of the people I've cruised with are NOT "putting on the dog". What you see, is what you get. For instance, a couple of years ago, we had a delightful couple at our dinner table with us for seven days, and I knew he had served in the Navy, but what I didn't know until the last evening is that he was AN ADMIRAL! Both he, and his wife were absolutely "down to earth" and I would have never guessed. I served as an enlisted Marine, and when I found out, I gave him my snappiest salute. It almost embaressed him, but he did return the salute. GREAT PEOPLE!

"SKY"

For cruising in general fy favorite thing is not having to plan what to make for dinner every night, it's my least favorite thing at home... no matter what I pick someone complains, on a cruise they can order what ever the heck they want and I'm off the hook. I don't even care if they eat pizza and cheeseburgers all week, hubby included!!

I like Carnival specifically because of the homeports, I don't fly so being able to sail from NY or Baltimore is important. Plus Carnival's prices are low enough that I don't have to cram us all into one balcony room, a suite is actually affordable (don't care about the perks)!

My favorit thing about CCL, is that they sail out of Galveston year around...

Unlike RCL who only visits Galveston during the fall & winter.

Disney has starting sailing out of Galveston, but the price is 2 to 3 times higher than CCL, so I will gladly stick to CCL

Since your question was specifically about Carnival and not cruising in general, I'm assuming you want to know what we prefer about carnival as opposed to the other choices out there. We've sailed Norwegian, Princess, and Royal Carribbean too.

What does carnival have that the others don't?

1. Well I love their late night adult comedy shows that are very funny. :p

2. They have a younger funner crowd that keeps the clubs hopping till the wee hours of the morning and the karaoke is very lively. On other cruise lines (princess, Norwegian) the clubs and karaoke were virtually empty by 10 pm.:(

3. Much better food options like 24 hour pizza, free ice cream cones, burgers by the pool etc. they just have more food choices IMHO.

I think I prefer carnival because its just a younger more hip crowd that keeps things lively. There's nothing worse than being on a ship at 10 pm and finding everything's empty, everyone's gone to bed and there's nothing to do. With carnival night time is when everything comes alive. That and the food quality and food choices put it a notch above the other cruise lines. The only other cruise line that is similar to it IMHO is Royal Carribbean, I just wish they were more competitively priced like carnival.

Since your question was specifically about Carnival and not cruising in general, I'm assuming you want to know what we prefer about carnival as opposed to the other choices out there. We've sailed Norwegian, Princess, and Royal Carribbean too.

What does carnival have that the others don't?

1. Well I love their late night adult comedy shows that are very funny. :p

2. They have a younger funner crowd that keeps the clubs hopping till the wee hours of the morning and the karaoke is very lively. On other cruise lines (princess, Norwegian) the clubs and karaoke were virtually empty by 10 pm.:(

3. Much better food options like 24 hour pizza, free ice cream cones, burgers by the pool etc. they just have more food choices IMHO.

I think I prefer carnival because its just a younger more hip crowd that keeps things lively. There's nothing worse than being on a ship at 10 pm and finding everything's empty, everyone's gone to

bed and there's nothing to do. With carnival night time is when everything comes alive. That and the food quality and food choices put it a notch above the other cruise lines. The only other cruise line that is similar to it IMHO is Royal Carribbean, I just wish they were more competitively priced like carnival.

I agree about the ice cream. I love serve it yourself style. On Princess and Celebrity, they serve certain flavors mid-day and its usually right before early dinner sitting! Celebrity served The same flavors for dessert.

I wish royal carribean would come back to long beach. We have such little choice as it is.

Definitely the WaterWorks. I cannot explain to you how much my kids and I enjoyed the slides - we rode them every day. Even my two year old loved the little slides and all of the sprayers. I just saw the renderings of the WaterWorks area for the Sunshine and I can't stop staring at it - definitely looks like it will be on our list for 2014 (unless NCL Getaway decides to come way down in price).

Archived