LAFFNVEGAS Live from the Dawn/1st Caribbean of the Season

LAFFNVEGAS

have a great cruise, Lisa. Looking forward to your reviews since we will be on the Dawn in September for Canada New England. Not sure about freestyle dining so any hints would be appreciated. We normally do early fixed. there will be seven, possibly 8 in our party.

Have a great cruise. Can't wait to hear all about it. We will be on the Dawn January 6 in the garden villa (so excited!!). I love the Dawn. Have never cruised out of Tampa either, so looking forward to your review. We are staying at the Hyatt Place also, so please let us know how it is.

Happy cruising!!:D

Kelly

Good Evening from Tampa Florida at the Hyatt Place Airport Westshore. As I mentioned this is our first time to Tampa we did not get in till about 5:40 this evening and by the time we got to the hotel it was after 6 and dark outside so hard to really see the area but I have to say that so far I am impressed. This is a very friendly Hyatt Place with some great employees. Kelley the Shuttle Bus driver is a very sweet person. We have stayed numerous times at the Hyatt Place in Ft Lauderdale just off North 17th and while this place is the exact same in looks, it definitely has a much friendlier staff and the building seems a bit newer and does not have that older building smell that I find many of the hotels in FLL have. But that smell thing might be just me :o

We wanted to go have something to eat but had no idea what we wanted so she was just going to drive us over to Chilies then we saw this sign for Sonny's BBQ, well Tom and Bob and Kathy both love BBQ and we figured we might as well try something we don't have in Vegas. The place was not packed and the prices were cheap but the food was just fair to OK. For adult beverages it was Beer only no drinks or wine. I have to admit I would not recommend, Famous Daves is 10 times better, yes this was cheaper but not worth the cheap. But we had a lot of laughs, I am probably a bit giddy from having been up since 3:30 this morning but then that was Pacific time. But I had doing a lot of laughing about the menu item Pork 3 Ways or was it 3 Way Pork :D

I ended up with the Pulled Pork sandwich, it was like I stated just OK but next time we come to Tampa doubt we would ever eat there again. There is a Ruth Chris Steak House right next door to Hyatt Place. If it had been just Tom and I we may have gone there.

I do however highly recommend the Hyatt Place, they also offer a shuttle service to the pier that cost $25 per hotel room each way. So for two people it is just $25. But it looks like the hotel will order us a taxi van tomorrow. We want to head to the pier about 10:30 but that shuttle time only had room for 4 more people and there are 5 of us. The next time they could get us in the van was not for and hour to 90 minutes.

I have to admit it has been a good day for traveling, everything went according to plan except for a few detours this morning.Although I think I am going to call it a day.

Signing off from the Free Styling....Oops not on the ship yet :eek:

Signing off from the Hyatt Place in Tampa Florida :)

Good Morning from Tampa Florida :)

It looks to be a Beautiful Day here, and we are so close to boarding the Dawn. This Hyatt Place is so darn friendly, they were going to call us a Taxi Van since the 10:30 shuttle was full or at least could not accommodate the 5 of us, this morning Kelley told us they would go ahead and use the other van to take the 5 of us over there. The other thing that is nice it is not packed downstairs like other hotels are for breakfast, and the breakfast sandwiches they were making were hot and fresh and very tasty. I definitely have to recommend this hotel for pre-cruise.

For those that know localady aka Sher I just spoke to her this morning she was on the Nieuw Amsterdam for the past 37 days doing the Med and then the TA. She was having breakfast in her cabin before disembarkation. She said she had a great time but after 37 days was ready to get off the ship. Wish Sher was joining us for this cruise she has been with our little group in the past.

The next time I report will be from the Dawn, for real ;)

Thanks for following along :)

Hi, thought I would check in. We are in the Suite check in area but it is rather confusing We were told to just sit and they would come get us to check in. But after 20 minutes watching others go to the desk and get checked in I knew something was wrong, well the big problem is it is the ships first time of the season. It does appear everyone in Suites decided to check in early :) we are now sitting in a different area waiting to be checked in.

Archived