HELP! Swimsuit problems, I'm in PANIC MODE

hollster8

So, I ordered what I thought were two cute swimsuits from JC Penney online. I got them today, and they look awful on me. Like, not good AT ALL. We are leaving for our cruise THIS SATURDAY and I have some swimsuits but none of them fit me.

Anybody know a place to buy swimsuits in-store, or a place that has true-to-fit suits with super speedy shipping? Ugh, I'm getting a headache over this. I cut it way too close.

Thanks for any help!!!!!

Try Athleta. Dot com. Not inexpensive. The return policy is awesome. Read the reviews; the ladies really help each other out with sizing issues and fit. Quality of clothing is generally very good. There is a good selection of swimwear still on their site.

I'm a firm believer that swimsuits MUST be tried on....unless you are getting a suit you already know fits, but in a different color!

Will you have any time to buy a suit when you get to your port city? That's what I'd try to do, if you have the time. By ordering online again, you may get the same result as last time!

What type of suit are you looking for? Regular or plus size? Skimpy or modest? Inexpensive or any price?

Regular, pretty modest, fairly inexpensive. I'm 26, have a 1-year-old, so my body isn't exactly bikini worthy in my opinion. I have a few bikinis on hand but I would feel really uncomfortable in them. I looked at Lands End and I didn't see anything I liked.

We get into port late Saturday night, so unless I went in the morning I don't know that I would have time. We're sailing out of Tampa..anybody know any good stores?

Regular, pretty modest, fairly inexpensive. I'm 26, have a 1-year-old, so my body isn't exactly bikini worthy in my opinion. I have a few bikinis on hand but I would feel really uncomfortable in them. I looked at Lands End and I didn't see anything I liked.

We get into port late Saturday night, so unless I went in the morning I don't know that I would have time. We're sailing out of Tampa..anybody know any good stores?

if you are near a marshalls in Tampa or tj max.. they have a lot of swim suits now..

Athleta and Victoria's Secret have cute tankinis, although they aren't really inexpensive. I have a couple of suits from Athleta that do run true-to-size. It would make me nervous to expect to find a suit the day of the cruise. I would order a couple of options on-line and get two-day shipping.

Maybe your Target or Walmart or Sports Authority sells nylon quick-dry athletic shorts year round that you can wear in the water on top of your swim suit bottoms. Maybe Sports Authority sells swimsuits year round.

Agree 100% with the above. A good sports store or sports dept will have some nice shorts that dry quickly. Some even have the built in panty thingy for doing yoga and such. You could also just wear your bikini tops or buy a nice tankini top. Some will have a lined-bra so it would work out well. I'm willing to bet that no one would even know the outfit was not meant for swimming and such. If you go to Walmart, go to the sporting dept not the ladies wear. Our Walmart has a rack of ladies yoga and workout shorts and tankini tops near the excercise equiptment area.

Also, check out some of the stores like Marshalls, Ross and perhaps an outlet store. They now have their summer clothing on clearance.

Good luck and don't panic, you will find something.

:)

Okay, I scrounged up a few suits from my closet that could work, so I'm not totally without swimsuit, but they are pretty old and don't fit the best.

I think I'll hit up TJ Maxx and Ross tomorrow and see what they have. There's no Marshall's near me. Thanks for all of the suggestions! You all made me feel so much better :D

Archived