Procedure for gifting a beverage package?

Mlascheid

I am thinking of buying a beverage package as a gift to a family member on the same sailing as I, but under a different booking. What is the procedure, and I assume I only need that person's booking number in order to do so, is that correct? Thanks!

Similar question :

I would like to order either a bottle of wine or a bottle of scotch for my friends who will be sailing in Jan.

I know the Celebrity web site is down for the weekend.

I am sure I would need their stateroom number and sailing dates.

I will be on a Celebrity cruise in December, could I buy the gift then or should I just order it from the web site next week?

Similar question :

I would like to order either a bottle of wine or a bottle of scotch for my friends who will be sailing in Jan.

I know the Celebrity web site is down for the weekend.

I am sure I would need their stateroom number and sailing dates.

I will be on a Celebrity cruise in December, could I buy the gift then or should I just order it from the web site next week?

You should not need their stateroom number to order your friends a gift. You should be able to do it by telephone with just their ship, sail date and surname. Online you will need their reservation number. There is a form on the website for ordering which gives both a fax number and a phone number: http://media.celebritycruises.com/ce...rmConsumer.pdf

I would have thought that you may have great difficulty ordering when you are onboard. I have found that they do not have much/any information about future guests on a ship. Their focus is on those actually on board at the time.

Sue

I am thinking of buying a beverage package as a gift to a family member on the same sailing as I, but under a different booking. Thanks!

Similar question :

Just want to say that you both give me hope for the world! :)

Cruise Kitty,

thank you for the compliment.

My friend was my roommate on her first cruise in 2011. Now she has talked her husband in doing a cruise to Australia/NZ.

I know he will be hooked on cruising for future vacations.

they have a aft cabin on the Soltice and looking forward to having a nice beverage on their balcony, I am just" priming the pump" so to speak.;)

I have another question in regards to giving a beverage package as a gift....

Once I purchase the gift, when will they be informed that someone has bought them a beverage package? Will it show up on their booking when they go online to do their check-in, or will they be notified when they board the ship?

Just wondering what would happen if they decided to purchase a beverage package on their own, not knowing that I had bought them one.

Thanks!

I have another question in regards to giving a beverage package as a gift....

Once I purchase the gift, when will they be informed that someone has bought them a beverage package? Will it show up on their booking when they go online to do their check-in, or will they be notified when they board the ship?

Just wondering what would happen if they decided to purchase a beverage package on their own, not knowing that I had bought them one.

Thanks!

For most gifts, there will be a card with your message and name on it in their room when they board. I guess that is the same for the Beverage package BUT it will also be on their seapasses so they will probably find out before they reach their stateroom!

Celebrity are always very good at giving credit for pre-cruise purchases that are not used [e.g. speciality dining] so I would have no concerns about double booking a beverage package. However, that may take the gloss off your surprise - they may even think that the gift card is a mistake - so it may be worth you trying to fid out if they are thinking about buying one. Perhaps you could even suggest that it is not a good idea and they should wait until they have been on board for a couple of days to see if they would use it! Your message on the card could explain why you had done that!

Sue

Thanks for the information, Sue. Do you know how the gift will appear on their seapass? For example, will it say "Premium Beverage Package-Gift from ____"?

Sorry, I cannot really remember but it does say something like that. It will have your name and message typed on just as you gave it on your order.

Sue

Archived