Bit of a blog - Adventure of the Seas – B2B in the Caribbean – 18th November 2012

Tonight's bedfellow

IMG_0330.jpg

I sampled the Merlot - La terre at dinner....not my cup of tea!! Lol

Have a Peach Bellini keeping me company right now :D

Quick question for you:

Last year there were two older gentlemen that were partners that came on the trans over and stayed onboard until the Adventure returned to Spain. They created a grand entrance every evening coming down the stair case going to dining room on 3 to sit at their table for two. Loads of outfits they would wear each night. They mentioned to many that they would see them next year. Do you happen to know if they are on board again? We were second seating dining with them. What a show each night.

So enjoying your live blog. We are on onboard in February the last two weeks with CKRobyn also..so lots of us following you!!! Enjoy your day. Thank you again for taking time out to share with us.

When we were on Serenade in Jan/11, I believe we paid by the minute. They had different plans, it was really quite expensive. Hopefully she's not spending too much to keep us all entertained! I sure appreciate it though, just wish she'd stop enjoying her holiday and get posting!

Wow! So glad I stumbled onto this thread. I am doing this cruise in January! This is what I need to get me jump started. I have a question about wi-fi. Are they charging you a daily fee to use it?

Here's the prices for the internet onboard - Susan :)

Q: Is Internet access available from the ship?

A: Yes, depending on the ship there are two options for staying connected while onboard.

Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi)

There will be six designated *"Hot Spots" which vary from ship to ship.

To use our WI-FI access, you'll need:

A laptop

Windows operating system

802.11b Wireless networking capability

The cost for Wi-Fi access through your own laptop is:

Base rate is $.65 per minute or choose from one of our prepaid packages:

$35 for 60 minutes

$55 for 100 minutes

$75 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

All prices are subject to change without notice.

The Internet Cafe/Workstation

These stations provide access to e-mail and the Internet, plus direct connections to favorite websites for stock, sports and entertainment updates. You can also send virtual postcards while at sea, and in ports-of-call worldwide. If you don't have an e-mail account, you can also establish one onboard.

The cost is $.65 per minute or you can choose a prepaid package:

$35 for 60 minutes

$55 for 100 minutes

$75 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

Thank you sooooo much for this thread! I love your outlook and personality.. I am going on the Adventure in March. You have already answered so many of my questions.

One specific question though, are all the main shows at 9:00 and 11:00?

Looking forward to more. THANK YOU

Thank you so much for this blog and you taking the time to post your adventures. My husband and I will be going on the Adventure B2B March 10th & 17th 2013. It has been a long time since we sailed to the island in the Southern Caribbean. That is why this cruise was chosen.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

Thanks for making me feel like I was right there with you!! Great blog and what a fun day! Peach Bellini.....have to put that on my cruising bucket list along with a Pimms! I googled Pimms and am going to have to mix one up and see how it tastes!! What do you usually make yours with?

Cucumber, strawberries, slices of orange and mint

Hi Linda,

I really appeciate you taking time out of your vacation to blog your trip. It's great!

One question ... I noticed that the flat screen TV's haven't been installed yet. Are the TV's interactive? Can you access your on-board account and book MTD from it? Thanks again for what your doing!

I think they must be..... I've not had a go yet but will now and get back to you.

Not sure about show times being the same each night.... at the end of the week I will have all the Compasses and can then answer better.

Formal wear

Pretty much anything goes from tie-less short sleeves for men with smart trousers to full blown tuxedos. Ladies wear again ranges from pretty dresses to full blown cocktail styles.

After uploading yesterday, my Peach Bellini and I headed for the theatre and caught the show. I have to say I thought it was very good; the vocalists in particular were outstanding and the band sounded extremely well rehearsed! I’d been asked by AOSMom to look out for her daughter which I did…. She got a shout out at the end and I cheered as loud as I could for her when her name was called but to be honest I doubt she heard me above the band and the applause (please tell her I don’t know how they don’t fall in to the piano pit….)

We’ve had invites for the return cruisers meet tomorrow night.

Again I have been deprived of sleep by this 5 o’clock in the morning body thing. I manage to sleep a bit more and am seriously considering giving today a miss to catch up. They are offering the $25 laundry special again…. Patty tells me her room steward has said it will be running every day…. I may succumb to renew some shorts and chuck in other washable items around changeover day.

Aware of the stories of people being charged for min-bar items that they’ve not used I have placed a sign on mine which is now used for bottled water and chocolate milk…..it’s wonderful to come back from an excursion for a cool drink….. cold would be nice but cool will do.

We’ve arranged to meet others from the roll call to share a taxi to Maho Beach. A family with 2 daughters from Chicago. The walk to the end of the pier is much shorter than yesterday and the different areas available to visit are clearly signed and priced. The first taxi we are assigned cannot take the 7 of us. We then meet George who is from the French side of the island otherwise known as St Martin. I ride shotgun as we are to drop others in town. He and I have a little chat in French. We arrange for him to pick us up after lunch. It’s about a 30 minutes ride and is on the Dutch side of the island.

Maho beach is as exciting as it was last year and I have a few plane pics to put up. For those unaware the runway is right next to the beach with just a 2 lane road separating one from the other. The planes land right over our heads and take off in the opposite direction which is as exciting as the backdraft (?) from the engines churns up the sand and sends people flying much to their delight!!

We take 2 beds and an umbrella for $20 for the day. The planes are landing at the Queen Jiuliana Airport which can accept international flights. When the big ones come in you sure know it and feel it! The children in the family group are extremely excited by the experience. There is a board with the times of the big planes listed…. There are many smaller and private planes landing throughout the morning.

We have lunch at the beach bar. I get a BBQ chicken and ribs combo for $14. Delicious!

Tonight we are dining in Portofinos. I’ll comment on the Tuesday menu next week. So far I have loved the starters and the entrees and the BBB. Patty will comment on her experience on her return. I believe they enjoyed their steaks yesterday although Scott’s was cooked more than he would have liked. Patty has a Caesar salad each night.

Room TV movies include : ‘What to expect when you’re expecting’ and ‘Hunger games’ amongst others. ‘The Lucky One’ and ‘Think like a man’ have been screened in the movie theatre; Let me know if you want to know more and I’ll post the full week on my return home as they’re listed in the Compass. I’ve no idea what movies are listed in the pay to view and will only bother to list if requested.

We’ve had invites for the return cruisers meet tonight. I have an appointment to have a haircut…. Extreme events call for extreme measures….. normally I only allow my usual hairdresser to touch it but she cancelled the day of my appointment which due to circumstances beyond my control I had had to move to the day before the cruise…. With the humidity I now have hair like Worzel Gummidge (Google it).

Later…… Have had my hair cut…. I feel human.

I go to my room to get the laptop and head for the Viking lounge. Some friends from the roll call are sitting there and ask why I’m not joining them….. I’m happy to but I the penny drops…. It’s the M&M…. and not the date that had been on the website….. the invite had been in the room but I hadn’t clocked the difference in the date…. I ran (sorry about that) down to deck 6; Patty’s board says they are napping…. I bang on the door…. She thinks I mean the returners meet this evening…. I explain that it’s the M&M and show her my invite…. Penny drops again….

For all the effort we made to get there there are few others attending. The group co-ordinator is apologetic. I log on quickly but the date is no longer on line. They hold a raffle and pretty much everyone gets something….. I win $25 internet time!!!! ROFLMAO

Later…… Have had my hair cut…. I feel human.

I go to my room to get the laptop and head for the Viking lounge. Some friends from the roll call are sitting there and ask why I’m not joining them….. I’m happy to but I the penny drops…. It’s the M&M…. and not the date that had been on the website….. the invite had been in the room but I hadn’t clocked the difference in the date…. I ran (sorry about that) down to deck 6; Patty’s board says they are napping…. I bang on the door…. She thinks I mean the returners meet this evening…. I explain that it’s the M&M and show her my invite…. Penny drops again….

For all the effort we made to get there there are few others attending. The group co-ordinator is apologetic. I log on quickly but the date is no longer on line. They hold a raffle and pretty much everyone gets something….. I win $25 internet time!!!! ROFLMAO

LOL, talk about Beschert! (Translation: fated to be.) No one deserved it more than you! Heck, I'd pitch in and reimburse you for some of your internet time! Loving your blog....love your take on things.....:)

I am having ball reading this thread. We are doing the Murder Mystery Dinner as well on Tuesday Night of our cruise. If you could please let me know what the entree choices are that would be great...just so I can have a heads up.....

:Dthank you!

Angela

It's not being offered on either of these cruises. Sorry I can't help.

[/b]

LOL, talk about Beschert! (Translation: fated to be.) No one deserved it more than you! Heck, I'd pitch in and reimburse you for some of your internet time! Loving your blog....love your take on things.....:)

Don't talk Beschert to me ok? I've had my fill of tsurus this evening..... more about that later..... sigh..... but thanks.....

Formal wear

Pretty much anything goes from tie-less short sleeves for men with smart trousers to full blown tuxedos. Ladies wear again ranges from pretty dresses to full blown cocktail styles.

After uploading yesterday, my Peach Bellini and I headed for the theatre and caught the show. I have to say I thought it was very good; the vocalists in particular were outstanding and the band sounded extremely well rehearsed! I’d been asked by AOSMom to look out for her daughter which I did…. She got a shout out at the end and I cheered as loud as I could for her when her name was called but to be honest I doubt she heard me above the band and the applause (please tell her I don’t know how they don’t fall in to the piano pit….)

We’ve had invites for the return cruisers meet tomorrow night.

Hey Linda thanks so much for the shout out!!!! I actually talked to my daughter today. They had the entire day off and she was hanging out on the beach and just enjoying the atmosphere. She is in love with it all right now. I told her I had asked you to cheer her on and she said she thought she got a bit of noise. haha She wanted to know your opinion so I've sent her your kind words. I met the singers (and all the cast actually) and they are just the nicest people you would ever meet. Funny you should ask about the piano pit....just last night I watched a youtube video of one of the dancers falling into it. Yikes. Love your blog and thanks again.

I am having ball reading this thread. We are doing the Murder Mystery Dinner as well on Tuesday Night of our cruise. If you could please let me know what the entree choices are that would be great...just so I can have a heads up.....

:Dthank you!

Angela

My daughter is in the Mystery Dinner Theater and says they haven't started doing them yet. Been in rehearsals and tech runs. She is going to let me know when they start them up.

Archived