Bit of a blog - Adventure of the Seas – B2B in the Caribbean – 18th November 2012

Love your view! Did you take a photo of your hotel room? Might want to get the same one when we sail out of SJ.

Looking forward to your next post...PS Murphy and I are heading to Michigan for Thanksgiving. Should I wave at your family as we pass thru Ann Arbor?

Hope you have great weather, and calm seas!

Love your view! Did you take a photo of your hotel room? Might want to get the same one when we sail out of SJ.

Looking forward to your next post...PS Murphy and I are heading to Michigan for Thanksgiving. Should I wave at your family as we pass thru Ann Arbor?

Hope you have great weather, and calm seas!

Hi honey,

I will miss Thanksgiving this year with my US family so it would be great for you to wave as you pass on through! ;)

Just for you :

Bedroom1.jpg

The TV is bigger than the one I have at home!

Bedroom2.jpg

Thanks for blogging, looking forward to following your "Adventure". ;)

Program note for you: there have been reports on the port of call boards that the Paradise Point aerial tram is changing management and closed down for an unknown amount of time. RCCL has been canceling their excursions to the tram. You'll have to let us know what you find next week.

Bobj

We went for a bite to eat at a Bar / Grill across the street from the hotel; you can see it in the bottom of the pic taken from my room. The food was wonderful!

Here are Patty and Scott. Please notice the pink beads and pink shirt in honour of the Pink Boa girls.

IMG_0186.jpg

Just after the pic was taken the heavens opened.

IMG_0187.jpg

Our table was not undercover and we were in danger of getting soaked through. Patty's good humour with the waiter earned her a free beer!

IMG_0188.jpg

The Convention Centre is holding a dog show today. Patty has a boxer called Bailey and I am Oma (granny) to Colin.

Very serious grooming going on throughout.

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

I could have taken loads more. All breeds, sizes and very serious competing going on!

Thanks for blogging, looking forward to following your "Adventure". ;)

Program note for you: there have been reports on the port of call boards that the Paradise Point aerial tram is changing management and closed down for an unknown amount of time. RCCL has been canceling their excursions to the tram. You'll have to let us know what you find next week.

Bobj

Thanks for the heads up. Will have to discuss this with the others...... poop.

Enjoyed reading your blog so far Linda and glad you had a good trip acrooss the Atlantic. Tonight there is a hard frost outside and it is freezing so you are definately in the best place. There was an item on the news today saying the UK is to have its worst winter for 100 yrs so enjoy all the sunshine when you can.

Will be following your blog daily always love reading your blogs.

Have a great holiday Linda

I am so excited to follow your vacation! I was married on the beach in St. Thomas on a cruise on Adventure back in 2004. It was a first cruise for most of our friends and family and our second. We are waiting to go back on Allure in the Spring after falling in love with her last Spring!!

Have Fun!!

I didn't realize that your cruise time had arrived. I hope you have an amazing time. I love this ship, San Juan, and the southern Caribbean. The next two weeks on this thread will be the next best thing that I have to being there myself.

And you could be joining us...yes I am relentless.

DeDe was promoted before we came on board in February! We ate dinner with her and the captain the second leg of our b2b! Oh my gosh she is so so awesome. I can see how she is just so loved. Can't wait to stop at the desk and see her. The concierge we had was mia most of the time and didn't seem to be up at the diamond event either. We didn't get our tours we were supposed to. He claimed when apparently DeDe got after him that he left a message for us on our phone. no messages...only the art auctions. then he wanted to do all the tours we missed the first week and the second week all in one day and we were in port at st croix. we were not impressed. He apparently was just filling in. He hadn't emailed the suite guests the weeks previously. So hoping our upcoming cruise has better concierge service as food was lacking as well. bartender didn't know where concierge was either.

Thanks for the heads up. Will have to discuss this with the others...... poop.

I think that Paradise Point is way over rated for the price anyway. For less money you could take a 2.5 to 3 hour tour up to Mountain Top in one of the open air taxis. You will see much more of the island, get some great views, and it will cost you about the same, or less, than the tram.

signing up so I can follow your thread...we set sail on her in April...we'll be doing your second leg of the b2b with our cruise buddies, Delacruz and CrazyCatSailor...aka Paul and Judi. We are still trying to talk other new cruise buddies Macy and Butch into joining us...we'll see.

Looking forward to hearing of your experience..

Nice to see all our friends from the Navigator cruise last Thanksgiving all joining in the follow-along. Hi all and glad Linda is taking all of us on this fun ride.

Linda, waiting for you to board and get started.

Hey :D

Watched Brilliance and Summit from my room pull out of port earlier. Next in to the Pan Am pier..... Adventure!! Carnival Victory will also be in town but at the other port I guess. The Victory will also be with us at our first port of call on Monday : St Thomas.

Hey Linda,

Glad you made it to SJ safely & I'm loving your blog & the pics! Can't wait to meet all of you B2B cruisers next week. :D I wish there was a port webcam...I would love to watch sail away tomorrow. I'll be flowing your journey. :)

We went for a bite to eat at a Bar / Grill across the street from the hotel; you can see it in the bottom of the pic taken from my room. The food was wonderful!

Here are Patty and Scott. Please notice the pink beads and pink shirt in honour of the Pink Boa girls.

IMG_0186.jpg

Just after the pic was taken the heavens opened.

IMG_0187.jpg

Our table was not undercover and we were in danger of getting soaked through. Patty's good humour with the waiter earned her a free beer!

IMG_0188.jpg

I am so loving your blog already and you have not set sail yet! I see so many old friends posting fromNacigator last year! It is almost as if we are all together again on this thread! So happy you are doing this Linda!!

By the way....LOVE the PNK beads and shirt Patty and Scott!! I am going to post it on the Pink Boa Cruisers page!! Looks like everyone is having fun!!!

So, the Pink Boa reference..... the Pink Boa Society, now Pink Boa Cruisers, was created for the Freedom Inaugural and lives on in a bunch of extremely talented, beautiful and outrageous women of which I am proud to be a member! You can google for more info. I have my boa squashed in my case and will be discarding feathers whenever I wear it :D

If you sometimes watch the port webcams you will see the Pink Boas from time to time as the spirit lives on.... the men associated with these ladies have been known to don pink sequined hats or wigs.... pink shirts etc to identify themselves with the cause...... the cause is to have a good time and meet new people and make lots of friends.....

Linda thank you for this wonderful post! :) Remember Pink Boa Cruisers is about FUN ~ FEATHERS ~ FRIENDS~ I have no doubt that you and Patty will spread the word and enjoy your cruise. Look forward to reading every word!!

Archived