Are Any Of the Restaurants Open During Embarkation?

TravelGal22

Only two ships have been reported to have open venues on embarkation day to date. Those are the Dream and the Miracle, and only when ships occupancy is above a certain threshold.

Breeze is new to the US. Let's see what it brings.

Not sure if this is what you want, but the MDR was open on my 7 day Pride cruise when we embarked (embarkation began late, like 12:45, because of a customs inspection). I think they do that when there is a delay in embarkation and therefor the Lido deck gets crowded real fast.

Edited by laumicmah

According to my embarkation FunTimes from my September Conquest cruise in addition to the buffet they had Fish & Chips, Paul's Deli, Mongolian Wok, and Sky Grill also open.

On the Magic and Breeze add the Red Frog Pub to the list and I'm not sure about the Plaza Cafe venues on the Promenade.

What about that "Pasta Bar" that everybody talks about? Is it open during embarkation? (Dream)

Yes it is open during embarkation. I have eaten there 2 times on the Dream and once on the Magic for lunch on embarkation day. On the Magic and the Breeze this would be in the Cucina del Capitano. Which is the Italian restaurant at night and the pasta bar at lunch. We plan to have lunch there on embarkation day on our cruise on the Breeze in April. Embarkation day is a good day for this because most people don't know about it yet. As the cruise goes along it gets more crowded.

Sharon

Edited by luv2trvlnow

We will be on the ship by noon or so and I was wondering if anything else will be open other than the Lido Deck buffet?

The Cucina del Capitano will be open for lunch as well as all of the cooked to order lunch options on the Lido deck that blow away anything that you could possibly get in the MDR for lunch. The Blue Iguana Cantina, Guy's Burgers, Mongolian Wok, Tandoori Grill, the Deli, are all options just off the the top of my mind.

• 3 years later...
Why do people do that????

Better yet, why do people do this.

Sorry, but I don't have time to read all the postings, but isn't the Lido buffet area open, if not the restaurants themselves?
:confused:

Don't have time to read all the postings? How about just reading the first one? The OP stated the lido was open. Wanted to know what else was. I am sure the OP knows by now, 4 years later.

What about that "Pasta Bar" that everybody talks about? Is it open during embarkation? (Dream)

Dream class ships, Dream, Magic, Breeze and Vista have an Italian restaurant that is a free lunch location for pasta, salad and bread - for pay evening venue