What have you left behind other than clothes?

Karlie1

We sailed on the Victory Halloween. We seem to always leave a few things behind to make room. I'm an advid snorkeler. I have to snorkel by myself because my wife doesn't swim. In my dive bag, I always take a car intertube, 20 feet of rope and a 5 lb barbell weight which are all attached. I use a bike hand pump to inflate the tube. When I snorkel, the intertube is my snorkel partner and my life jacket if I have problems. This year there was not room for a few things so I left my tube, rope and barbell behind under the desk. I still wonder what my room stewerd thought this was. :rolleyes: This had been in my dive bag the whole time. Last Dec. I left my portable fan and small cooler. The time before that I left an old pair of fins.

We've never left anything behind! If you can fit it into your luggage to get TO the cruise, you should be able to bring it home with you. Of course, if you are a big shopper and buy a bunch of stuff, you should plan ahead and bring an extra bag for your "goodies"...we don't do souveniers, so have never needed to plan for purchases!

I've never intentionally left anything, a couple donations of clothing and a CD case (prior to iPod) full of CD's were unfortunately left behind. The CD case we hunted for for over an hour until we finally had to leave the cabin. We once left our formal photos, our own fault of course, in a pile of cruise ship newsletters we don't ever bring home.

I just have a hard time with people leaving their junk for someone else to take care of. I think it's harder for me right now as our unfriendly renters next door suddenly moved over the weekend. I can see all the trash they left behind in the backyard for someone else to clean up. As well as the two mattresses and box springs they left leaning against our fence. Then there is the junk heap of a car left in the driveway. Worst is they left the cat behind to fend for itself. Glad to be rid of those neighbors and hopefully the homeowner comes soon to deal with it.

Hopefully you at least left your junk in the wastebasket so they knew it was trash. Otherwise they had to make a special effort to have it taken to lost and found.

I never really left anything behind either. We will toss a few little things in the garbage that we bought specifically for the cruise (like bug spray, almost empty bottles of suncreens...etc) just because I know that by the time I need it again, I will want something fresh that hasn't been sitting around the house for months.

As far as other items, if we brought it with us, it goes back home with us.

One time I purposely put into the waste basket a shirt I no longer wanted. The room steward must have thought it was a mistake, because she took it out and folded it on the bed. We did this three times before I finally put it in the waste basket under some other

junk. She finally got the message! But I have never left anything by mistake.

One time I purposely put into the waste basket a shirt I no longer wanted. The room steward must have thought it was a mistake, because she took it out and folded it on the bed. We did this three times before I finally put it in the waste basket under some other

junk. She finally got the message! But I have never left anything by mistake.

Ha! Same thing happened to me last month on the Carnival Liberty. I spilled red wine on a new white T-shirt and it was ruined. I threw in the garbage and the cabin steward kept pulling out and folding. This went on for three days. I finally took it out and threw it in his cart trash can and told him. He said a lot of people put their clothes in the bathroom trash can because they use it as a hamper.

Well I try not to leave anything, like no trace camping

Take nothing by memories leave nothing but thanks

Take nothing but photographs leave nothing but footprints

or any combination of those leaves and takes.

On a cruise it might be something like

Take nothing but photographs leaving nothing but tips :P

My wife left her toothbrush .... it is battery operated. The bag it was in had something set on top of it.. and it started to vibrate... :o it WAS her toothbrush! :eek: everyone thought it was something else! :rolleyes::D

If possible always take out the batteries.;):p

Inner Tube, 20 feet of Rope, and a dumbbell. Kinda reminds me of the internet game where you have to come up with three things that would shock a WalMart Cashier. Like a Mother's Day Card, Cat Food, and a pair of Handcuffs. Or a Set of carving Knives, Pain Pills, and Shrink Wrap (ala Dexter).

What would they think of an Inner Tube, 20 feet of rope, and a dumbbell?

My husband left a bunch of keys including our house keys, his office keys and the garage keys in the cabin.

Luckily I had my keys on me as well as otherwise we would have had to break in when we got home.

NCL had them back to us within a week though

• 1 month later...

Fortunately, I remembered as we were sitting in the theatre waiting to disembark. I raced with the demons of Hades behind me back to our room! The steward had found the retainers in their box on the vanity. He would have turned them in to lost and found and they would have eventually come back to me as my name and address are on the box. However, I would probably have had to have new retainers made as soon as I got home so as not to undo all the pricey orthodontia while waiting for the old ones to arrive.

Left my glucometer once and it never showed up even though we called before they departed....and followed through....and the case had my name and address on it.

Also left a piece of jewelry that evidently got pushed to the corner where I didn't see it when I cleaned it out...that never turned up, either.

Have always left unopened sodas and chips/nuts and paperback books....was told they throw these out, too.

Left my glucometer once and it never showed up even though we called before they departed....and followed through....and the case had my name and address on it.

Also left a piece of jewelry that evidently got pushed to the corner where I didn't see it when I cleaned it out...that never turned up, either.

Have always left unopened sodas and chips/nuts and paperback books....was told they throw these out, too.

I can't tell you how many times I have read this on CC! After reading the heartbreak of people losing important/sentimental/valuable jewelry, I now take a small plastic tupperware style bowl to put in the safe so that it all is contained. I rarely take off my valuable jewelry, but do have sentimental pieces that go into the bowl.

Archived