What have you left behind other than clothes?

Karlie1

We once were given a bottle of wine from a friend in our pre-cruise hotel. We didn't drink it so we brought it on the ship. We still didn't drink it so we left it aboard when we left.

We've left flowers that were still fresh as, of course, we aren't permitted to bring them off the ship. We've left books we finished. If a can or bottle or sun lotion, DH's shave cream, my hair spray etc are less than half full, I usually leave them unless I might need them in post cruise hotel.

My husband left a bunch of keys including our house keys, his office keys and the garage keys in the cabin.

Luckily I had my keys on me as well as otherwise we would have had to break in when we got home.

NCL had them back to us within a week though

Big Kudos to NCL for getting those keys back to you. Good they did that.

sometimes we plan the discard some old clothing enroute. Sometimes, if we have free checked luggage, we check wine from home rather than hassle with taxis and shopping in the port city. other times we pack gifts for friends in port cities. So a couple times at the end of a cruise we have an empty suitcase which we leave on the ship with staff or with a note. I bought the suitcases cheap at a thrift store, and I hope those suitcases are put to use either by traveling crew or by passengers with lost/damaged luggage issues. I will never know, but I hope they were reused not tossed.

The only thing I'd left at home was the power cord to my laptop. I've never left anything onboard the ship. On one cruise I found a cell phone on one of the shelves in my cabin, I assumed it was from the previous occupant. I took it to the purser's desk & hopefully they sent it on to the person who had that cabin before me.

I accidentally left half a bottle of vicodin behind. I think it accidentally got knocked off the night stand. I didn't notice them missing until after we'd spent half the day walking around Seattle and with a very bad back, I was in dire need of them. When we got back to our hotel room and I dug through everything 3 times, I realized they were gone. I wonder who found it and if they took them :/

I intentionally left a bestseller for the next stateroom occupant.

On my last cruise they had a note in the daily paper that anyone who wanted to leave a book behind for the ship's library was welcome to do so.

When the Swine Flu was going around (:rolleyes:) a few years ago, our cruise itinerary to Mexico was changed to Southern Cali, we did not want to be on the cruise any longer so the cruise line gave us 10 minutes in the first port to get off the ship. We made it, but we did forget a few purchased pictures of formal night in the cabin. Too bad, they ended up being the only photos we had from that cruise.

My wife left her toothbrush .... it is battery operated. The bag it was in had something set on top of it.. and it started to vibrate... :o it WAS her toothbrush! :eek: everyone thought it was something else! :rolleyes::D

I call mine Gerard ~ Amy Farrah Fowler :p

We have left behind the various little pins, picture frames, beach bags, ball caps, certificates, books and other such souvenirs that the various cruise lines give you.

Left a heavy tile with a picture of the ship behind on a couple of HAL cruises, and then later found out that some people collect them. We would have been happy to give them to anyone who wanted them if we had known at the time.

Archived