Enchantment Dry dock coming up

MS52

We are on the second cruise after refit over Christmas. If no one else does so before will happily post pics while onboard. We are in a RFS so will be able to send pics of the CL but this is the cruise to make us Diamond so no DL this trip, sorry.

We have been on the Enchantment a number of times and I really appreciate all the info concerning the refurb. I have never been to a Park Cafe so that sounds great. We have always enjoyed the Diamond breakfast on the upper level of the dining room. What is the best guess as to if they will continue that or will they squeeze everyone into the DL for breakfast? When we were on in May there was talk of putting in Giovanni's, so apparently as time has gone on, plans have been changed. DH and I are on the December 29 sailing so I guess we will just have to wait and see. Thanks everyone for all the updated information.

Cindy

Are all the cabins getting new beds and tv. Want to go in jan.

TV's - yes. According to the DD schedule, they're all being replaced with flat screens. Beds (mattresses) normally are replaced on an as needed basis. We've been on several cruises where we watched a truckload of new bedding being loaded onboard, and on one cruise our mattresses were replaced mid-cruise, so IMO that one's a toss-up for a DD.

We have been on the Enchantment a number of times and I really appreciate all the info concerning the refurb. I have never been to a Park Cafe so that sounds great. We have always enjoyed the Diamond breakfast on the upper level of the dining room. What is the best guess as to if they will continue that or will they squeeze everyone into the DL for breakfast? When we were on in May there was talk of putting in Giovanni's, so apparently as time has gone on, plans have been changed. DH and I are on the December 29 sailing so I guess we will just have to wait and see. Thanks everyone for all the updated information.

Cindy

On ships that have had a DL put in, the diamond breakfast has been eliminated. That is my biggest disappointment. The coffee there is really better than the CL coffee IMO and the DL/CL breakfast is very limited. I like the complete offerings of the MDR in the quieter area of the diamond breakfast with complimentary specialty coffee.

Expect it to be a thing of the past on EN, too.

Gina

Cindy

Once a ship has a DL, they discontinue the Diamond breakfast in the MDR. We just pass by the CL/DL on the way to breakfast so my wife can get the specialty coffee.

Cindy

With the new DL, there will be no more special breakfast in the MDR for D/D+/PC Members. Continental breakfast will be available in the mornings in the DL as well as the CL.

• 2 weeks later...
With the new DL, there will be no more special breakfast in the MDR for D/D+/PC Members. Continental breakfast will be available in the mornings in the DL as well as the CL.

That's what I hate about these updates with the addition of a DL. I happen to really like the full diamond breakfast with specialty coffee. I haven't found the CL coffee to be as good as it used to be. Maybe it's the beans they're using or something. But the coffee in the dining room is creamier and has a good rich but not overdone coffee taste. The CL coffee has been a bit on the bitter side to me so I don't really want to get it to take with me to the dining room for breakfast. I've really cut back on CL coffee.

Gina

Longshore labor has been ordered starting at midnight tonight.With additional labor tomorrow at 7 am and 10 am.The porters have been ordered for 1 pm tomorrow.

So it seems from about midnight until noon tomorrow they will discharge workers and their equiptment and any other incidentials then later that afternoon start boarding passangers.

FYI just because the porters will be there does not mean they will board early.

They will have to get their equiptment ready and setup everything first.

Hey Tony, thanks for the update. I am formerly from Bel Air...graduated from BHS! Now reside in PA.

Your info looks to be right on since the Enchantment has crossed unto Maryland waters and should reach Balt before the day ends. So longshoreman at midnight would be right. Before she left Balt she went to a terminal closer to Ft McHenry so I am assuming that she will go there and offload whatever, finish up whatever has to be done and then move forward to the passenger terminal sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully we will not have to wait too long in a crowded terminal.

So I am confused about when the dry-dock refurbishment is scheduled to take place. (or did take place) The RCCL web site shows December but the deck plan changes show a date of April. Is the first sailing after refurb Dec 22nd or April 1st?

The Enchantment cruise calendar shows cruises scheduled back-to-back as far out as I can see…

So I am confused about when the dry-dock refurbishment is scheduled to take place. (or did take place) The RCCL web site shows December but the deck plan changes show a date of April. Is the first sailing after refurb Dec 22nd or April 1st?

The Enchantment cruise calendar shows cruises scheduled back-to-back as far out as I can see…

It's completed as you can see from this new thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1751973

Gina

Archived