Need details on where you can eat & what are the tastiest cocktails

Getting ready to go on our second cruise. First time was a couple of years ago on Radiance of the Seas. This time we will be on Liberty (which has more eating places). I like details so please tell me as much as you can. I guess I am a little confused about where you can eat (that is part of your meal plan).

Last time, we thought we could only eat in WJ (for lunch or breakfast) and MDR (dinner). But I have heard that you can actually eat breakfast in the MDR? Is that true?

Is where you can go for each meal detailed in the Compass?

One day, on the Radiance, we stumbled upon another place (seemed to be on an upper deck) that was like a burger place. Is this part of our meal plan or does it cost extra?

Is coffee extra or just a specialty coffee drink?

Getting ready to go on our second cruise. First time was a couple of years ago on Radiance of the Seas. This time we will be on Liberty (which has more eating places). I like details so please tell me as much as you can. I guess I am a little confused about where you can eat (that is part of your meal plan).

Last time, we thought we could only eat in WJ (for lunch or breakfast) and MDR (dinner). But I have heard that you can actually eat breakfast in the MDR? Is that true?

One day, on the Radiance, we stumbled upon another place (seemed to be on an upper deck) that was like a burger place. Is this part of our meal plan or does it cost extra?

Venues included in your cruise fare: MDR, Windjammer, Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's. MDR has breakfast every day, lunch on sea days only. There is also a free soft serve forzen yogurt machine on the pool deck (deck 11), starbard side, near the H2O zone.

Venues that are extra cost: Chops, Portofino, Johnny Rockets, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream.

Coffee, Hot Tea, Iced Tea, Lemonade, and Milk are included. Juice drinks are also included at breakfast. Specialty coffee is extra.

Each day you should have received a Cruise Compass that details all the activities of the day and also lists the hours, location and prices of all the dining venues on the ship.

You will get a Cruise Compass as you board the ship and each night your cabin steward will leave a copy on your bed. Lots of helpful information including port information.

Sounds like you stumbled upon the Seaview Cafe on Radiance....I enjoyed it very much when I was on her back in 2010....that was included in your cruise fare but has since been replaced with a for fee specialty dining venue of which I cant recall the name of now. :(

Definitely do breakfast in the dining room! It's soooooo much nicer than the buffet! Lunch is only served in the DR on sea days....usually closed on port days. Dress is casual....shorts/flip-flops/etc...are fine for breakfast and lunch. No bathing suits showing, though!

Favorite fruity concoctions for me are the Bahama Mama and Lava Flow.
Love me a Bahama Mama! I make these when I do ribs for a crowd, the one gallon version. They're delicious and will sneak up on you:

Dr BBQ's (Ray Lampe) BAHAMA MAMAS, original recipe:

½ gal rum

½ gal coconut rum

1 quart Myer's rum

1 gal orange juice

1 gal pineapple juice

1 quart lemon juice

16 oz grenedine

stir with ice makes about 5 gallons

We make this drink up in a 5 gallon Igloo round drink cooler.

Just add a 7-8 pound bag of ice and then all the above ingredients into the Igloo cooler and stir it up and serve.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I've made ~1 gallon batches for family gatherings a couple of times to favorable reviews:

16 oz rum

16 oz coconut rum

8 oz myers rum

32 oz orange juice

32 oz pineapple juice

8 oz lemon juice

4 oz grenadine syrup

I mix it up in a gallon jug with no ice and then pour into cups over ice.

I second the Lava Flow! Clarea has nailed the dining options for you.

I third, fourth, fifth................ the Strawberry Lava Flow. But get it out at the pool bar, we got one instide at Cleopatra's Needle and it was not as good. It was still tasty good, but much better from the pool bar. I expect they make more of the froo froo drinks there than the lounge does; more wine and scotch there. :)

We will be trying the coffee liquor lava flow in about 2 weeks!

Cheers!

Sounds like you stumbled upon the Seaview Cafe on Radiance....I enjoyed it very much when I was on her back in 2010....that was included in your cruise fare but has since been replaced with a for fee specialty dining venue of which I cant recall the name of now. :(

On Radiance? Seaview is now Samba Grill. It was good, but you are correct.. it is now a fee restaurant.

Archived