Costume Jewelry for this Dress

Cruise Arizona

Well it is almost Christmas time, which means that my daughter is going to get me some costume jewlery to go with my new Red Calvin Klein dress.

Here is the dress in black:

pCKI1-10622848v275.jpg

Here are a couple of the styles I have been looking at:

51dPkay9-kL.jpg

41DO7JvrKeL.jpg

51-K-atTIwL.jpg

515RGAIWUGL.jpg

We are actually going to go to the mall together and I'll bring the dress so that I can try some stuff on. We have a wonderful Charming Charlie's at the mall and some other good stores like Dillards.

I like the first one and the last one, here but my daughter likes the more delicate one with pearls. All of these are under $40, but I could spend a little more and get a higher quality costume set.

My daughter is also worried about how heavy necklaces give me a head ache, but for a couple of hours I think Ill be fine.

I had to get to this thread pronto, lol. I happen to adore necklaces. All of the choices you have suggested will work well, but they are also all very different.

The first choice gives it a modern touch, rather elegant, but not fussy.

The second one says classic, but depending on where it lays on you, may or may not have the impact you want. It looks like it may be a bit dainty?

I'm loving the last two. The one with the ribbon is really neat to me, because you usually see ribbons with pearls. This is a true statement necklace.

The rhinestone one is also an excellent statement, but with more of a retro vibe. I love things with a vintage flair.

I'm by far no expert whatsoever. I lile them all, but I think what matters is the feeling you want to portray. I'd be all over #3 or#4.

Just looking at the pics of the jewelry, I like the #2, the pearls. Very delicate and very feminine.

I think when you try the jewelry with the dress you will be able to make a better choice. But like Laura, said it all depends on the look you are going for. Have fun shopping with your daughter. Shopping tomorrow with DD and it is one of my favorite things.

Binkysmom, you might be on to something. I just scrolled through 2 different red carpet bests slide shows to see if I could find some necklace ideas, and I only found two ladies who even had necklaces on.

I was hoping to find something that would make a bold statemenet to go with this dress, and it might end up that the statement is bold earrings and cuff.

We'll see, I think when I see it on with some options I will know what works right.

I like the delicate one with the pearls, but maybe with my one shoulder Greek goddess dress and maybe not this one. My bring that one along for the style check too.

I´d go for neat earings, cuff and add a statement brooch perhaps something like this style

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/flower-diamante-brooch-5-cm-/390493947695?pt=UK_JewelleryWatches_WomensJewellery_Rings_SR&hash=item5aeb40c72f

I have a lovely articulated leopard brooch which I often wear as a statement piece. Think along the lines of the jewellery the Duchess of Windsor used to wear or something quirky and modern in a plain metal

Sandy in Spain

I'd go with earrings and cuff bracelet and skip necklace. The dress has a difficult neckline for a necklace. While I like the pearls, they might be hidden by the level of neckline. If you did wear a necklace, I'd go with a simple diamond stud earring.

74N2ZGGN92FD2MLU5YHV_400.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3nZy7-r-XvVSCgj_ysMKY9sEDU79R6duiLdjhaR9s-eYmkGtskQ

Those earrings are exactly what I'll probably be looking for to go with the red New Year's Eve dress I just ordered from Dillards (assuming it fits, etc.). It's a one-shouldered, long dress, with a thigh-high slit (my fiance will be thrilled!) and a rhinestone embellishment on the one shoulder.

I definitely second the concept of chandelier earrings and a cuff. The necklaces are all lovely, and if that is your preference I like the pearls or the crystals. I think the dress is such a stunningly elegant classic that a necklace should compliment that and not detract from the beautiful cut of the garment. But still, long earrings and cuff would be perfect, particularly if your hair is long enough to wear in an up-do. And I love the idea of the dress in red - fabulous.

Archived