Ocean Princess arriving Sydney 2 Dec 2012

Thanks for the pics David, lovely little ships the R Class. Have been on Ocean Princess when she was Tahitian Princess and also on sister ship Pacific Princess. You do a 30 day cruise on one of those ships and you get to meet just about all of the 600 odd pax on board. Very friendly !

Garry and Jo (Packetau), ship stalking eh, one thing I miss about living in Sydney, we are now too far away for 'Ship stalking.!' We have to rely on the pics on here from David, Sutho etc for our fix. I note your cruise on Ocean Princess in 2014is Sydney to UK via Capetown, we did the similar adventure on Arcadia this year, you will love it, especially Capetown ! Arcadia was docked there for 2 days, so we could do a Game Park visit as well as Table Mountain etc.

I will do some on the laptop soon. The desktop is much quicker. Next week I will do Celebrity Solstice from Sydney as I will stay down to watch it sail.

This shot here is at full zoom with a 400mm lens on the camera from the pylon lookout.

705228_10151186528599037_1878694777_o.jpg

Could recognise the faces of people 450m away and they would not know their photo is being taken.

Hey Sutho

Many thanks for all these...hard keeping up with all the posts...

I am sure thare are many on here (myself included) who are looking forward to seeing the Solstice.....in Brisbane next Friday and then in Sydney on Sunday...

Love your work

cheers

Anyone know why a ship like this has a crane built into its front deck area?

I mean such cranes where regular on most liners uo until the end of the 60's when many ships had large cargo holds for cargo loading and unloading.

Is this a hangover from its Tahiti days..did it have provision for shipping cargo around the islands or was it loading its own supplies onto the ship in ports without such cranes?

Just intrigued to see it so far forward on a ship these days - can't be for the gangway as its not big enough to put in place further back.

Anyone know why a ship like this has a crane built into its front deck area?

I mean such cranes where regular on most liners uo until the end of the 60's when many ships had large cargo holds for cargo loading and unloading.

Is this a hangover from its Tahiti days..did it have provision for shipping cargo around the islands or was it loading its own supplies onto the ship in ports without such cranes?

Just intrigued to see it so far forward on a ship these days - can't be for the gangway as its not big enough to put in place further back.

One reason could be that the original 8 , identical ships , were designed to go to exotic ports of call that other larger cruise ships could not go to , and thus had to be prepared for anything.

Hi Sutho. Love your larger photos. Good for people like me with bad eyes. Any chance you could get some of Pacific Pearl sometime? Keep up the good work. Suexxx

I have a public album here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150348863184037.355813.519959036&type=1&l=958d305e0d

338061_10150348863809037_1711707820_o.jpg

Thanks for the comments. The Sydney business people must be loving me with all the money I am spending on the Pylon Lookout, Ferry wharf tickets, Opera House Car Parks etc. I spare no expense for my cruise ship photos. Been doing this since I was 15!

Thanks for the pics David, lovely little ships the R Class. Have been on Ocean Princess when she was Tahitian Princess and also on sister ship Pacific Princess. You do a 30 day cruise on one of those ships and you get to meet just about all of the 600 odd pax on board. Very friendly !

Love the R Class ships, we did an Alaska cruise on Royal Princess just before she went to P&O UK. Your photos are great Sutho, makes you feel you are on the ship. If only :)

oh look at her she so cute... so tiny..... gosh if we when up onto the pylon to see her like we did the voyager she would look like a manly ferry LOL.....

we can't wait for our West African Cruise there is a group of around 12 from last years world cruise going on her.... ha with only 600 pax we will be the majority LOL....

Thanks Sutho!!

oh look at her she so cute... so tiny..... gosh if we when up onto the pylon to see her like we did the voyager she would look like a manly ferry LOL.....

we can't wait for our West African Cruise there is a group of around 12 from last years world cruise going on her.... ha with only 600 pax we will be the majority LOL....

Thanks Sutho!!

Actually VOS uses some R Class ships like Ocean Princess as lifeboats, sorry tenders, LOL.

Actually VOS uses some R Class ships like Ocean Princess as lifeboats, sorry tenders, LOL.

:D:D:D:D Good one Les...... from observations of our latest cruises we rate VOS a people carrier and Ocean Princess a private country club......lurve her to pieces...be looking for some cruises on her or her sister in 2014 cheers Shiona

Archived