Checking Who Will Be On your Cruise

Butterbean1000

How many of you out there have done any investigation as to who will be on your cruise before you book? This has never occurred to me to do. It was suggested on another thread that you should do this.

We have! We were originally booked on the Liberty, until a few weeks later we found that the Grown and Sexy group was hosting a cruise expecting 2000 "lifestyle" BBW and friends were coming along. We are now going to enjoy the Freedom instead!

We have! We were originally booked on the Liberty, until a few weeks later we found that the Grown and Sexy group was hosting a cruise expecting 2000 "lifestyle" BBW and friends were coming along. We are now going to enjoy the Freedom instead!

How did you find this out???:confused:

OK...I will probably get flamed for this by some pro-BBW group...but does that mean 2000 "big beautiful women"?

This sounds like it could be a safety issue (like the weight of an extra 2000 people)!

How did you find this out???:confused:

Once we booked on the Liberty, we kept a daily watch on that roll call. Then someone posted that their PVP told them about the group. From there we did our research, and changed our plans.

OK...I will probably get flamed for this by some pro-BBW group...but does that mean 2000 "big beautiful women"?

This sounds like it could be a safety issue (like the weight of an extra 2000 people)!

That could be one interpitation of BBW, but not exactly in this case. Imagine the lines at the buffet. Imagine the water level in the hot tubs.

Nothing against big beautiful women either!

I think it does, I won't say 100% it does in case I am wrong. Normally when I see BBW it means that though. I also thought someone else talked about this a few weeks ago.

The problem is when you book your cruise, the group may not be booked on it yet. I think I read on one of the Glory threads that the Drag Queens didn't book that long ago (I can be wrong on this).

For instance, I'm looking into the Valor for January 2014. I'd like to book now to get choice of rooms. Right now I don't see anything out there for groups but who's to say that in June 2013 that a group doesn't decide to sail on that ship. Unless you keep constant watching, you may miss it. Also, what about booking ES? If you do cancel and switch ships, it can cost you $50 per person then who's to say there won't be another large group on the sailing you switch to.

Unfortunately unless Carnival informs us. We may never know :(

On our next cruise (Grand Princess) there is one group that is nearly 20% of the passengers. Should I be concerned? Something called Cruise Critic Roll Call

Oh my goodness - those people are insane. They're a big bunch of know-it-all's. They eat up all the lobster - would you believe they order two or more at a time. You should definitely switch. :p

On our next cruise (Grand Princess) there is one group that is nearly 20% of the passengers. Should I be concerned? Something called Cruise Critic Roll Call

Agree with boulders. I'd be very worried. In fact, I think you should cancel right away, so that I can clear the waitlist. Er, I mean, so you can find a better cruise.

Seems like it depends on what would bug you the most. Now, if I found out there was going to be a door-to-door salemen's convention on board, I'd definitely switch. You'd never get any peace and quiet in your cabin! Everyone would have to put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on their door. And the endless bad jokes and anecdotes at the bar! Aaagh! :eek::D On the other hand, if we men found out the Victoria's Secret models were going to be on board, our wives would be trying to cancel as fast as we were trying to book the cruise!:D:D

Archived