Birthday Amenities from Oceania

Molliem

We celebrated my spouse’s birthday in the Polo Grill on one of our Regatta cruises. I mentioned this to the Maître d’ in the Terrance Café 2 days before the event. On the important date, the cake, with her name beautifully written in icing, was presented with the usual singing tribute.

Cheers,

Don

I was onboard, solo, for my birthday last year. No acknowledgement whatsoever. I found it interesting that on my birthday while on Oceania, I received birthday emails from HAL and Celebrity.......I mentioned to my cabin steward it was my birthday and he surprised me with presenting me with a huge piece of chocolate cake with a candle in it.....otherwise, nada from the cruiseline.

We have never been onboard for our birthday but did receive a card for our anniversary which we celebrated onboard

Our TA did put a note on our file that we had a special occasion while onboard

I am not one that likes the staff to come around & sing to you :eek:

Not sure what people are expecting, the last thing I need is more cake ;)

If you want acknowlegement them tell the Maitre'd you would like a special cake & I am sure one will appear

YMMV

The cake is great, but after they cut the servings they take it back. I suppose the staff enjoys it. Tacky IMO

I am sure if you asked they would give it to you to take to your cabin for afters

The cake is great, but after they cut the servings they take it back. I suppose the staff enjoys it. Tacky IMO

What else could they possibly do with it?

I can't imagine anything less appetizing than extra desserts sitting around in the cabin.

l.jpg There is plenty more where that came from-

You'll never starve :p

What else could they possibly do with it?

I can't imagine anything less appetizing than extra desserts sitting around in the cabin.

l.jpg There is plenty more where that came from-

You'll never starve :p

They could ask if anyone wanted a second piece LOL I certainly would not take it back to the cabin but it is whisked away so fast that it is laughable

Hi!

If you want to celebrate your birthday or anniversary, tell the maitre'd where you'll be celebrating and they will have a cake for you and the staff will sing. We have celebrated many occasions on Oceania.

Rhea

You may call it singing ... *I* don't!

But they do try ...

No one seems to have mentioned the $50 in OBC credit that Oceania started giving maybe a year ago. I don't know if that's for all passengers or just returning passengers, though ... I should have gotten one of those credits for our October 2011 cruise on Marina but didn't ... however, I did have it by our summer cruise, almost a year late ... but it was there!

We had dinner on I forget which ship a few years ago. It was a delightful meal because all six of us were musicians of one sort or another. One of the couples were celebrating their first anniversary -- they'd met through a computer dating service. She had been a widow, he never married. (They were in their late 60s, early 70s.) They gave us a lovely cake and did NOT whisk it away, but then again it was an appropriate size for six people.

And most delicious.

So it may depend ...

Mura

No one seems to have mentioned the $50 in OBC credit that Oceania started giving maybe a year ago. I don't know if that's for all passengers or just returning passengers, though ... I should have gotten one of those credits for our October 2011 cruise on Marina but didn't ... however, I did have it by our summer cruise, almost a year late ... but it was there!

Mura

I think the the birthday OBC was only a 1time thing as it was discussed in another thread not long ago

DH got a card in May this yr that we could apply to an upcoming cruise as long as it was booked before Dec 2012

I do not think you actually needed to be on the cruise on your birthday

Lyn

What is tacky???

That they take it away ?

I doubt very much if the staff get it nor wants it for that matter :rolleyes:

Well, my husband was just wondering about the $50 birthday gift that we got last year. We couldn't remember if you had to be cruising on your birthday or not. It's kind of disappointing if that was just a one-time thing, but certainly not a deal breaker. I guess I'll look for the past thread, and also check the FAQs section of Oceania - or ask my TA.

Well, my husband was just wondering about the $50 birthday gift that we got last year. We couldn't remember if you had to be cruising on your birthday or not. It's kind of disappointing if that was just a one-time thing, but certainly not a deal breaker. I guess I'll look for the past thread, and also check the FAQs section of Oceania - or ask my TA.

Both my husband and I received the $50 OBC for our birthdays last year in a card sent to our home about a month prior to our birthdays. The OBC was applied to our 2012 June cruise. We have never been on a O cruise during or anywhere near our birthdays. We did not receive the OBC this year but I think (?) we received a birthday card. We are repeat cruises. I believe the birthday OBC was a one time deal.

I just (a few days ago) asked our TA about the shipboard credit for birthdays. He says that as far as he knows, Oceania still does it. You do NOT have to be traveling during your birthday.

If they do they are not sending anything out in the card.

We have never received a card at home or a credit. The DH had his birthday on Marina in September and he did get a cake and card from the butler and room staff, plus we got a bonus reservation in Jacques where he had another cake plus the singing staff.

Archived