Vision of the Seas Review - November 23 - December 3, 2012

Pictures are coming tomorrow night. Walt packed the laptop, so I am operating off my iPad and iPhone while he drives.

The Captain was a stickler for the clock. So the gangways never opened earlier than the schedule stated.

Awesome! Thanks again!

British Lady, there were quite a few Greek and Indian dishes. I would highly recommend the Osso Buco.

Thank you I will try the OB:).

Is there anywhere on the ship that I can view the daily menus for MDR or

WJ so I can decide which one to go for lunch, dinner?

I can't remember if I mentioned this in my review, but they were offering drink packages on the cruise. The lowest level was $45 per day for beer and maybe wine. All adults in the cabin had to purchase it. I did not look at all the details because there was no way Walt and I could drink $90 of alcohol per day.

Yes. Thank you for the review. That was our question about the time change too!

Wow...they switched back on the last night? That gives everyone an extra hour to sleep before disembarkation then. Thanks. :D:):D

The White Party is a ship sponsored party and you are supposed to where something white. I think it was up on the pool deck, but not sure on that. We did attend a few of the trivia events and they were loads of fun. The name the artist and song one was the most fun since it was teams of 6 and we had to work hard not to blurt out the answers. I heard that Quest was fantastic, but it was on a port night and I went to bed early. I have asked my fellow roll call buddies to chime in with answers and comments as well, so hopefully one of them will expand on the Quest.

Lisa

Hi Lisa and Walt.....Great Review and a belated Happy Anniversary....I wanted to give you some info on the Quest...My team won 1st place....we had the Sexiest Man winner on the Team ( aka ..Mike from Daytona) and when it came down to the parade of the best dressed I think my dress which I gave up put us over the top along with the flashing margarita sunglasses!!! It was so much fun and my team was great. Everyone really stepped up and had that winninig spirit....We all received gold medals and rock and roll Black T-shirts..... Scott and Andrew were there so maybe they told you about it.......I guess I was not on the A list for their party......will have to give them a beating with the party wand.....sorry we did not connect much in the 10 days but we all have our agenda....so much partying so little time.....Thanks again for all your efforts for the meet an greet party......Gloria and Don of St Pete Beach ,FL

I can't remember if I mentioned this in my review, but they were offering drink packages on the cruise. The lowest level was $45 per day for beer and maybe wine. All adults in the cabin had to purchase it. I did not look at all the details because there was no way Walt and I could drink $90 of alcohol per day.

Thanks for the info! We wondered about that. We are on the 11 night. 6 ports/4 sea days~ $45/day ($90/day for 2)....I don't think is worth it. We are going to be off the ship and consuming onshore for a lot of the cruise. :D:):D We've never had a $1,000 bar bill on any ship. :rolleyes:

For a 7 night on Oasis or Allure or a 5 night on Liberty....maybe.

Thank you for the review!! We are on the 14th of Dec sailing and looking forward to our first small ship cruise.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise so much and hope you had a wonderful anniversary as well. :-)

Thank you! Our anniversary was wonderful.

The Vision is very easy to navigate, the one thing to keep in mind is if you are in the dining room on Deck 5 the closest restrooms are outside the dining room on deck 4 or the back of the Schooner bar on deck 6. That was one of the odd things we discovered.

Loved the review, thanks for posting. We will be sailing on the Vision next year and we are excited as well. The only question I had was on port days was the main dining room open for lunch?

The dining room is only open on sea days for lunch.

Lisa, Great review :) why am I not surprised you posted immediately LOL... It was so great meeting you and Walt and everyone else. It made the excursions so so so much more fun.... Will never forget all the memories that were made... especially on the Levi Bumpin tour in Dominica and the Royston tour in St Kitts.... How many beers did we drink Friday LOL

Thank you so much for your awesome review. We are sailing Vision Jan 14, also for our anniversary (44th). Our itinerary is a little different than yours, but the ports are all new to us, and it blew us away that it departs fr FLL ! DH hates to fly, and most Southern Caribbean cruises seem to start from San Juan.

Really looking forward to your pictures, Thanks again!

The dining room is only open on sea days for lunch.

Lisa, Great review :) why am I not surprised you posted immediately LOL... It was so great meeting you and Walt and everyone else. It made the excursions so so so much more fun.... Will never forget all the memories that were made... especially on the Levi Bumpin tour in Dominica and the Royston tour in St Kitts.... How many beers did we drink Friday LOL

LOL! I lost count, but Walt is convinced that you and I downed a few cases between Dominica, St Kitts, and the pool bar. :eek: I will never forget experiencing the dolphins in Tortola, Levi in Dominica, and Royston in St Kitts with you. And I don't think Royston will forget the two of us any time soon. :D

Lisa