Vision of the Seas Review - November 23 - December 3, 2012

Just emailed Royston Tours, good reviews beside yours. Hope he answers and we can sign up for our Jan cruise. thanks for the info you posted, every little bit helps when it is your first time at a place.

I agree that the reviews really help in the planning. It was our first time at Antigua, Dominica, and St Kitts. Without all the reviews on these boards I would never have known about Levi and Royston.

Thank you to everyone that posts information on cruises and ports...you helped make our vacation outstanding! :D

Lisa and Walt

Lisa, that's how we found all of our tours too, it is so helpful!!

You mentioned bringing snacks on Levi's tour, where did you get the snacks? Did you take something off of the ship? Levi has told me that he will (98%) be our guide, so I am very much looking forward to it!

Thank you for your advise and review.....do you think that my husband and I could each bring 2 bottles of wine in different carryons?

Your pictures are gorgeous and are really getting me excited about the trip.

Lisa, that's how we found all of our tours too, it is so helpful!!

You mentioned bringing snacks on Levi's tour, where did you get the snacks? Did you take something off of the ship? Levi has told me that he will (98%) be our guide, so I am very much looking forward to it!

Thank you for your advise and review.....do you think that my husband and I could each bring 2 bottles of wine in different carryons?

Your pictures are gorgeous and are really getting me excited about the trip.

I brought some snacks from home (pre-packaged) for the tour. Some others brought things from the ship.

If you go through different security lines you should not have an issue getting 2 bottles in each carry-on through. After security no one asked us or checked to see if we had wine.

Lisa

Hi Lisa, We're leaving Friday on the vision and this is absolutely the least prepared I have ever been. But we are looking so forward to the cruise. Finally started packing today - does the vision have a hair dryer in the room and what about shampoo/soap dispenser in the shower? Love your pictures. Thanks!

Hi Lisa, We're leaving Friday on the vision and this is absolutely the least prepared I have ever been. But we are looking so forward to the cruise. Finally started packing today - does the vision have a hair dryer in the room and what about shampoo/soap dispenser in the shower? Love your pictures. Thanks!

Thanks! There is a hair dryer in one of the drawers and shampoo/body wash in the shower. I didn't pack until the day before we left...you are doing better than I did. :)

Lisa

The last two Royal cruises we have been on, most recently Jewel, shorts were allowed in the MDR on formal nights. Was the dress code enforced on formal nights on the Vision. We will be on her Dec 14 sailing. I hope Royal is not beginning to relax the dress codes. We observed several passengers in shorts on formal night.

The last two Royal cruises we have been on, most recently Jewel, shorts were allowed in the MDR on formal nights. Was the dress code enforced on formal nights on the Vision. We will be on her Dec 14 sailing. I hope Royal is not beginning to relax the dress codes. We observed several passengers in shorts on formal night.

Just how awful, I wish they would inforce it on all cruises. Thats what is nice about cruising, being able to dress up. What is the world coming too.

They probably hate to say anything, don't want to lose business.

On Princess in Aug. man sat down for dinner with us and they asked him to take his cap off, he had left but came back I guess to comb his hair.

Oh,Well.

Honestly, I don't pay attention to what other people wear on the ship since it really has no direct impact on my cruise. Walt and I dressed up for the first formal night (tux and gown), which was also our anniversary. I gave Walt the option to skip the 2nd formal night and eat in Windjammer. He decided on WJ, so he wore shorts and a t-shirt while I wore my 2nd gown. Hey, I schlepped that dress onto the ship, so I was going to wear it. I did get a few odd looks for wearing formal attire in a casual dining environment. :rolleyes:

Lisa

Lisa,

While you were on the cruise did they ever have happy hour, cocktail specials? On other lines they have happy hour in several lounges before dinner.

There were several happy hour 2 for 1's throughout the cruise. The time and place varied, so you have to watch the dailies. I know on the last sea day there was a 2 for 1 before dinner for champagne cocktails in the Champagne Bar. And there were some late night ones in Crown Viking Lounge.

Lisa

• 1 month later...

Hi

We are booked in cabin 3642 and I'm very concerned about the noise from the dining room above! I was so specific with our agent about not being over or under any busy venues!

We have a 10 day itinerary, but it includes Martinique. Looking forward to a smaller ship! Thanks for all the info!

Hi

We are booked in cabin 3642 and I'm very concerned about the noise from the dining room above! I was so specific with our agent about not being over or under any busy venues!

We have a 10 day itinerary, but it includes Martinique. Looking forward to a smaller ship! Thanks for all the info!

I would call your TA and have her switch your cabin if there is still availability. We heard carts rolling in the dining room and periodic banging (loud banging) from above. If noise bothers you, then this will. If you can't change cabins and can't tune out noise easily, then bring some ear plugs. While the noise is not all night long, it is there every night on and off.

Lisa

• 11 months later...