Oasis disembark to make a 10:15 am flight for 5

jpolm

Oasis states they try to get passengers off early. What's the difference if we self disembark? The only other flights are after 5pm. That's a long day.

If you self-disembark 10:15am is fine unless there is an unusual delay. You should be able to be off by about 6:30am and the airport at that time of day is just about ten minute cab ride away. By leaving so early you beat much of the crowds. Oasis and Allure have great track records of on time arrivals and having self-disembarkment start early. This is assuming you are flying out of FLL, if out of MIA the airport is a much further drive and adds some risk.

If you self-disembark 10:15am is fine unless there is an unusual delay. You should be able to be off by about 6:30am and the airport at that time of day is just about ten minute cab ride away. By leaving so early you beat much of the crowds. Oasis and Allure have great track records of on time arrivals and having self-disembarkment start early. This is assuming you are flying out of FLL, if out of MIA the airport is a much further drive and adds some risk.

Thanks yes out of fll

Also are there cabs for 5?

Oasis states they try to get passengers off early. What's the difference if we self disembark? The only other flights are after 5pm. That's a long day.

Going to LA (assumption) I can see where you would rather not wait that long and then have a 5 hour flight. You can probably make it with self disembark. My choices are 8:50am or wait till after 3.

Have you looked at Virgin America? We are flying non stop @ 11:55 am FLL-LAX.

Yes virgin America is one of them and jet blue. Hmm I didn't see a 11:55-am. For a sat flight out hmm?? Let me check again. Thanks u are all great!

Have you looked at Virgin America? We are flying non stop @ 11:55 am FLL-LAX.

Happy ks - can u tell me when u are going? Virgin only has two flights to lax. Not sure where u found 11:55am unless they change their flights for June?

I did a dummy booking for a Saturday in June and did not find an 11:55 am flight either :o

We booked this flight in July (I think) as the rates was so low at the time. I think if they were going to have a similar flight on a Saturday it would be there already. I'm sorry I didn't check this before posting.

Just a suggestion but a couple of weeks ago we departed the Oasis at 9:30 and were easily at the airport by 10:15. We would have been there earlier except I had mistakenly forgotten to pack my pocketknife in checked luggage and had to stop at Walgreens for stamps in order to mail it to myself.

Incidentally we did the valet luggage ($20/pp) it worked great. Would do it again!

I am torn there is a 10:15-am flight then nothing til 6. We either rush and not have to hang out all day with luggage somewhere or we take time go to lunch them head to airport or check into a hotel and leave the next morning. But I'd prefer to be on our way home so we have the extra day at home. I don't think we will be too much in vacation mode at the end of a cruise

It seems from most posts people have made even earlier flights with self disembark.. So might take the chance

I am torn there is a 10:15-am flight then nothing til 6. We either rush and not have to hang out all day with luggage somewhere or we take time go to lunch them head to airport or check into a hotel and leave the next morning. But I'd prefer to be on our way home so we have the extra day at home. I don't think we will be too much in vacation mode at the end of a cruise

It seems from most posts people have made even earlier flights with self disembark.. So might take the chance

Unless there is a serious problem, a 10:15 flight is very doable. I have done self-assist disembarkation, and have been at FLL before 8 a.m.

The windjammer buffet opens at 5:30 am . You could have breakfast and leave the ship at 6:30am and be at the airport by 7:00 am . I have done this twice . You will need to do a self dis-embark and carry off your own luggage though . You will not encounter any line ups for customs or taxi`s

at 6:30 am either.

Archived