OASIS: What time is the muster drill?

mlbcruiser

30 minutes before expected departure. Further, you don't need to take your life jackets to your muster station.

That sounds about right. We got to experience our muster drill in the Aquatheatre, and then ran up to the public balcony at the aft end of deck 11 to meet some roll callers (who had a Port Everglades webcam banner) and watch the sail away.

Enjoy your trip!!

That sounds about right. We got to experience our muster drill in the Aquatheatre, and then ran up to the public balcony at the aft end of deck 11 to meet some roll callers (who had a Port Everglades webcam banner) and watch the sail away.

Enjoy your trip!!

Hi Lloyd I have a picture if us from sail away if u want send me your email ill send to u :):)

If I recall correctly 4:30

SAilaway at 5:00

...which SUCKS if you are actually hoping to get to either your room or an exterior balcony deck area for sailaway. On our trip in early June the Promenade was an absolute nightmare of epic proportions with a sea of humanity standing between you and any place you were hoping to go (I can remember feeling my blood pressure going through the damn roof, lol). That was one thing I honestly wished they changed about this, even just bumping the drill to 15-30 earlier would help to avoid this issue.

(Edit - by the way that issue is probably true more so if your muster station is in one of the inner theater locations (Studio B, which was our location, or the main theater)

Edited by joeski27

Enjoy your trip!!

Done this same thing a few times :) LOL same muster station same location for sail away and same banner :)

Muster horns sound about 4:15 and once gathered in each of the muster stations the presentation begins at 4:30pm and is over about 4:45 - 4:50 pm Been on Oasis 5 times so have the drill down lol

Hi Lloyd I have a picture if us from sail away if u want send me your email ill send to u :):)

LOL was it you who had the banner :) :) should have known

Edited by emmy

...which SUCKS if you are actually hoping to get to either your room or an exterior balcony deck area for sailaway. On our trip in early June the Promenade was an absolute nightmare of epic proportions with a sea of humanity standing between you and any place you were hoping to go (I can remember feeling my blood pressure going through the damn roof, lol). That was one thing I honestly wished they changed about this, even just bumping the drill to 15-30 earlier would help to avoid this issue.

(Edit - by the way that issue is probably true more so if your muster station is in one of the inner theater locations (Studio B, which was our location, or the main theater)

But the thing is is both the Oasis and Allure are scheduled to depart Port Everglades at 5:00pm, but they typically don't start pushing off of the pier until between 5:15 and 5:30. I'm watching the webcam & the Allure is still at terminal 18 at 5:15 PM. So, even if the muster drill lasted the full 30 minutes, you should still have enough time to get to your sailaway spot before the ship starts to push off.

...which SUCKS if you are actually hoping to get to either your room or an exterior balcony deck area for sailaway. On our trip in early June the Promenade was an absolute nightmare of epic proportions with a sea of humanity standing between you and any place you were hoping to go...

Yep.

...So, even if the muster drill lasted the full 30 minutes, you should still have enough time to get to your sailaway spot before the ship starts to push off.

Nope.

So muster drill will probably be about 4:15. Guess we'd better plan on doing the touch-base M&G somewhat early. I hadn't really thought of a problem getting outside to an upper deck for sailaway. Even though I've looked at the Oasis layout, I haven't studied it. Apparently the ship is so large that it takes a long time to get up top to a good sailaway viewing area (?). Why is it necessary to go through the promenade? Surely there are other options (combos of stairs, elevators and walking down hallways of cabin decks)? Hope we get assigned to an easy to get to muster station location!

Thanks for the info., everyone!

A tip for your upcoming Allure cruise. Unless your destination is somewhere on the Promenade, it is not necessary [and usually not desirable] to use the Promenade as a transit route. It is like that great big Interstate highway that has stopped traffic every rush hour. I fully understand getting sucked in to going this way your first day on an Oasis class ship, but do your blood pressure a favor and look at the deck plans and learn how to avoid the mess.

Thom

So muster drill will probably be about 4:15. Guess we'd better plan on doing the touch-base M&G somewhat early. I hadn't really thought of a problem getting outside to an upper deck for sailaway. Even though I've looked at the Oasis layout, I haven't studied it. Apparently the ship is so large that it takes a long time to get up top to a good sailaway viewing area (?). Why is it necessary to go through the promenade? Surely there are other options (combos of stairs, elevators and walking down hallways of cabin decks)? Hope we get assigned to an easy to get to muster station location!

Thanks for the info., everyone!

I have been to 5 muster drills on Oasis and twice on Allure. I have only had the Aquatheatre and deck 5 dining room as muster. Both of these are on the aft of the ship so you simply take the elevators at that end of the ship or walk up to whichever spot you have chosen to stand for sail away. I usually go to a public deck and have never missed sail away. The ship is mostly on time for sail away but it takes awhile for Oasis to push away from the pier so you will have plenty of time.

Of course port side is great so you can wave to the webcam located in the last condo on the inlet as you head out to sea. Enjoy this ship. She is my favourite :)

A tip for your upcoming Allure cruise. Unless your destination is somewhere on the Promenade, it is not necessary [and usually not desirable] to use the Promenade as a transit route. It is like that great big Interstate highway that has stopped traffic every rush hour. I fully understand getting sucked in to going this way your first day on an Oasis class ship, but do your blood pressure a favor and look at the deck plans and learn how to avoid the mess.

Thom

I guess its a good thing that I picked the running track for our sail away, we were already on that floor, it was just a few steps away :)

Sorry to hear that, but we didn't have that problem on either of our Oasis sailings. Yes the Promenade can be crowded, but we were able to get from the muster to a bar for sailaway drinks and back to our stateroom in time.

I believe our muster was at 4:15. Not sure how much earlier it could realisticaly be since it cannot take place until after the latest stated time for all passengers to be on board, which is 90 minutes before departure, or 3:30. They start announcing the muster about 30 minutes prior to be sure everone is aware so they can be prepared and on time. Takes a bit of organizing, especially a with many passengers it is their first muster.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

• 1 year later...

Those who say 4:30 are correct based on my experience. However we usually report to our station about 15-20 minutes prior but I think the time is nice because it gives guests plenty of time to enjoy the ship and relax before rushing to attend the drill. As far as the conflict with sail away, I do agree it was kind of a hassle (we were in the Opal Theater), however most guests are in the same boat (pun intended :D), and vacations are meant to relax so just take your time and go to the sail away when you're ready. The sailaway lasted about 30 minutes so it's not too much of a hurry, and you still have a pretty good chance of squeezing in a spot somewhere up on deck. I hope this helped!

Edited by CreativeCruiser119