Royal Carribean Alcohol Drink Package Question

trev71

I believe MM is using that term for pool deck "chair hogging".

Thanks! The link posted for the urban dictionary had a far ... different ... definition.

As for chair hogging, during my 'research' for my cruise, I saw a pic of the ship's pool and LOTS of the poolside chairs had a towel on them (reserving them I guess) but there were only a handful of people actually in the pool. Ample evidence of this 'chogging' phenomena I suppose.

Back to the topic at hand, does the Premium Drink Package now extend to 4 night cruises? I've read a lot on the subject lately, and I think it does, but I'm not sure.

Thanks! The link posted for the urban dictionary had a far ... different ... definition.

As for chair hogging, during my 'research' for my cruise, I saw a pic of the ship's pool and LOTS of the poolside chairs had a towel on them (reserving them I guess) but there were only a handful of people actually in the pool. Ample evidence of this 'chogging' phenomena I suppose.

Back to the topic at hand, does the Premium Drink Package now extend to 4 night cruises? I've read a lot on the subject lately, and I think it does, but I'm not sure.

I believe the drink package does extend to 4 day cruises. The flyer does mention 4 day cruises. Also, I have a 4 day cruise coming up for which I'm able to order the package using Royal's website.

I believe the drink package does extend to 4 day cruises. The flyer does mention 4 day cruises. Also, I have a 4 day cruise coming up for which I'm able to order the package using Royal's website.

Excellent! Thanks Bob. My cruise isn't til August so it's not letting me order the drink package yet.

• 4 months later...

I know that a lot of people have touched on this but I feel like this RCI all-inclusive package is misleading compared to Celebrity version for approximately the same price. We always get the package on Celebrity and feel like it really makes the trip feel all-inclusive with the fancy coffees, fresh squeezed juice etc. and most importantly the long list of different wines by the glass. It was a pleasure to have San Pelligrino with dinner every night and ask the wine steward what wine he would recommend based on what we were ordering. Such a limited wine selection is disappointing. I am however going to do the soda package because a) diet coke for breakfast is a must and b) I'm excited about the freestyle machines.

I know that a lot of people have touched on this but I feel like this RCI all-inclusive package is misleading compared to Celebrity version for approximately the same price. We always get the package on Celebrity and feel like it really makes the trip feel all-inclusive with the fancy coffees, fresh squeezed juice etc. and most importantly the long list of different wines by the glass. It was a pleasure to have San Pelligrino with dinner every night and ask the wine steward what wine he would recommend based on what we were ordering. Such a limited wine selection is disappointing. I am however going to do the soda package because a) diet coke for breakfast is a must and b) I'm excited about the freestyle machines.

It is not "misleading". It is simply different.

Different cruiselines, different alcohol packges.

*shrug*

I don't think Royal's package is misleading, however I do think it is unspecific.

RCI package is not misleading...it's just not as good as Celebrity

Unspecific is a better word choice. I was all set to sign up for it and am glad that I read the fine print. I will miss the pleasure of not signing slips and feeling like I have "permission" to order anything I want. Regardless, I am really exited to be taking my first cruise with RCI. It might be our new favorite line because there is just so much to do.

Two Buck Chuck? ;)

I live in southern California so two-buck chuck is in my wine cabinet. As a wise man once said the difference between a 100.00 bottle of wine and a 10.00 bottle is your out 90.00 extra bucks if you don't like it. I personally like two buck chuck. That is if i start off drinking it. Another wise man said don't let someone tell you what wine you should like. Only you know what taste good to you.

My cruise departs 3 weeks from tomorrow. I signed up for the drink package and can't wait to try any number of alcoholic beverages ... particularly the frozen ones. I'm looking forward to not keeping track of how many drinks I've had and worrying about spending too much money on booze. It's all been paid for (months ago even). To me, it's well worth the money. Am I going to worry about breaking even? Definitely not. I'm sooo ready to set sail and enjoy this much deserved and long awaited vacation.

My take on why I am getting the premium package is... The ease and convince... If i am pool side order a frozen concoction and it melts and gets warm it is easy to just get another. If i paid for it separately i would feel i needed to drink it hot and all. Also one thing i like is trying NEW things. With the package i can try a new drink if i don't like it i don't HAVE to drink it. If i bought it i would. So it is 55.00 per day. Lets say i only drink 40.00 per day the convenience is worth the 105.00 extra i would be charged. So instead of thinking how you can't drink 55.00 think how much you do and is the difference between that and what you would be charged for the package worth the convenience of not having to pay a Bill at the end being able to try what you want and having a fresh drink when yours has melted.

It is all in how you look at things.:cool:

Anyone know if you can get cider? My husband is interested in drinks package...too lazy to sign slips all day..no cider no interest!!

I think it depends on the boat and the cruise. I know some do and some have more choices than others. So which boat and which cruise.

Anyone know if you can get cider? My husband is interested in drinks package...too lazy to sign slips all day..no cider no interest!!

Just don't purchase the package until you get on board where you can ask about the cider.

• 4 months later...
LOL yea thanks for correcting me... still on the fence about ordering it... anyone want to sway me one way or the other...

Almost 100 post and you haven't decided one way or the other not sure One more would do it

Eat more BACON

• 2 weeks later...
This lame package is just another "over-priced" promotion from RC.

Very few people will actually purchase it.

Even if you did buy it, you will most likely have to hassle with finding your card and signing something.

You might even have to show a photo id to prove it is your card.

Unless it came down $20 per day, I will pass....

If you sit at the pool and have a drink, meet the family before dinner for a drink, have drink at dinner and another 2 in the evening that's 5 drinks a day. That's for someone who isn't a heavy drinker. When you add in a few sodas you can easily spend over $55 a day. It can be a good deal for people who drink and like the ease of having drinks paid for in advance.

If you only have a drink in the evening you are better off paying as you go.

If you sit at the pool and have a drink, meet the family before dinner for a drink, have drink at dinner and another 2 in the evening that's 5 drinks a day. That's for someone who isn't a heavy drinker. When you add in a few sodas you can easily spend over $55 a day. It can be a good deal for people who drink and like the ease of having drinks paid for in advance.

$20 a day for unlimited alcohol?? That's insane and won't ever happen. I bought it and it was well worth it to me and I could remember everything on my cruise. I tried frozen drinks, mixed drinks, beer and soda. I even tried several mojitos which I never drank before and a Cosmo lol!! If it doesn't work well for you then don't buy it.

Signing a receipt only takes a few seconds lol!