Royal Carribean Alcohol Drink Package Question

trev71

I am sorry I don't understand your reply to what was said.

Eat more BACON

I believe it's because the poster mentioned the "ease" of paying in advance and he was making light of the fact it takes a second to sign a receipt and is pretty easy too versus paying in advance.

I believe it's because the poster mentioned the "ease" of paying in advance and he was making light of the fact it takes a second to sign a receipt and is pretty easy too versus paying in advance.

Oh OK got it now. Me I like being able to try any drink and not have to worry about not liking it. Thanks

Eat more BACON

Oh OK got it now. Me I like being able to try any drink and not have to worry about not liking it. Thanks

Eat more BACON

I'm sure I'll go for the Premium package just so I won't be afraid to try many of the drinks I've shied away from due to being afraid I'd be paying for something I didn't like and feeling like I had to finish it anyway. And I might even go for the ultimate package for $10 more a day. I've passed up on fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast, and the specialty coffees at dinner because I didn't feel the cost was worth adding to my bill. But, with that package, I'd be doing 2 OJ's in the AM and specialty coffee every night, because I really like both.

I never thought about the drinks I've let set on deck, or in the sand on the private islands and that have become to warm to enjoy. Just order another one. Good point.

And I might even go for the ultimate package for $10 more a day. I've passed up on fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast, and the specialty coffees at dinner because I didn't feel the cost was worth adding to my bill. But, with that package, I'd be doing 2 OJ's in the AM and specialty coffee every night, because I really like both.

Thought about it for DW as she likes OJ and coffee but.... she doesn't like pulp in her OJ and the regular coffee is fine.

Now is the speciality coffee covered Irish or Caribbean coffee well... that's a whole horse of a different color. :D:cool:

Eat more BACON

Edited by Anthony63

I am booked on LOS 12/30/13 ~ I have booked the Premium package, but was considering the Ultimate however, when I was making reservation for my package it said Ultimate wasn't available. Does anyone know why....is it only available on certain ships??? Thanks for your help!!!

I am booked on LOS 12/30/13 ~ I have booked the Premium package, but was considering the Ultimate however, when I was making reservation for my package it said Ultimate wasn't available. Does anyone know why....is it only available on certain ships??? Thanks for your help!!!

The package should be available on all ships. My guess is that the web site still has some glitches. You could cancel the package and then rebook on board, or see if they would upgrade you on board.

Just did Adventure of the Seas in November, 7 day cruise. My husband bought the beer only package for the week once on board. He simply went to guest services and paid for it that first afternoon. He more than got his monies worth. They did not make me buy it and are happy to sell to just one person in the cabin, but only once you are on board. You cannot do it online ahead of time.

I did not cheat I loath beer. I carried on two bottles of wine and other than about one drink of the day each day for fun I did not have anything else.

My husband loved it and would be happy to do it again on a future cruise. I will never do it since I simply don't drink that much. If they ever stop letting you get a single after you get on board that will be the end of it for us.

Eat more BACON

That's what me buy it. I looked at the drinks menu that had been posted on another thread and said...."CHALLANGE ACCEPTED!"

I'm sure I'll go for the Premium package just so I won't be afraid to try many of the drinks I've shied away from due to being afraid I'd be paying for something I didn't like and feeling like I had to finish it anyway. And I might even go for the ultimate package for $10 more a day. I've passed up on fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast, and the specialty coffees at dinner because I didn't feel the cost was worth adding to my bill. But, with that package, I'd be doing 2 OJ's in the AM and specialty coffee every night, because I really like both.

I never thought about the drinks I've let set on deck, or in the sand on the private islands and that have become to warm to enjoy. Just order another one. Good point.

I have had the Premium package on order for the past few months...before knowing that the Ultimate package would be available for our April 2014 Adventure of the Seas Adventure. I also had preordered a bottled water package. Now after diligently reviewing various forums and talking with RCCL this morning, the decision has been made. We will be upgrading from Premium to Ultimate once we get onboard (paying only the difference) AND I have cancelled the water package since bottled water will now be included, plus those premium coffees in the morning...we'll probably also be enjoying the fresh squeezed juice and mimosas that we have typically passed by on past cruises.

Edited by SuzD123

I have had the Premium package on order for the past few months...before knowing that the Ultimate package would be available for our April 2014 Adventure of the Seas Adventure. I also had preordered a bottled water package. Now after diligently reviewing various forums and talking with RCCL this morning, the decision has been made. We will be upgrading from Premium to Ultimate once we get onboard (paying only the difference) AND I have cancelled the water package since bottled water will now be included, plus those premium coffees in the morning...we'll probably also be enjoying the fresh squeezed juice and mimosas that we have typically passed by on past cruises.

2 questions. Does the fresh squeezed orange juice come with the premium package? Also does the Oreo drink included in the premium packags?

2 questions. Does the fresh squeezed orange juice come with the premium package? Also does the Oreo drink included in the premium packags?

Fresh squeezed OJ only comes with the Replenish and Ultimate packages.

The package should be available on all ships. My guess is that the web site still has some glitches. You could cancel the package and then rebook on board, or see if they would upgrade you on board.

Thanks Bob.....From what I have read on hear I should be able to just upgrade when I get on board. Now for the next question ~ just saw a post about 'Oreo drink' ~ what is it???

Thanks again,

Jackie

Thanks Bob.....From what I have read on hear I should be able to just upgrade when I get on board. Now for the next question ~ just saw a post about 'Oreo drink' ~ what is it???

Thanks again,

Jackie

It's on the Bar Menu. Its sort of like a milk shake. It's really good. I just wanted to know if it was included in the premium drink package.

I know that a lot of people have touched on this but I feel like this RCI all-inclusive package is misleading compared to Celebrity version for approximately the same price. We always get the package on Celebrity and feel like it really makes the trip feel all-inclusive with the fancy coffees, fresh squeezed juice etc. and most importantly the long list of different wines by the glass. It was a pleasure to have San Pelligrino with dinner every night and ask the wine steward what wine he would recommend based on what we were ordering. Such a limited wine selection is disappointing. I am however going to do the soda package because a) diet coke for breakfast is a must and b) I'm excited about the freestyle machines.

I have to agree, we purchased the premium package on Reflection last January and thinking about it on Oasis this January. My issue is that the drink max is $10 and on Celebrity was $12. That brings in more wines at dinner and we always asked for a double scotch since the poors are so small :mad: Always covered in full!! :)

I had asked on one of the live from Oasis threads what a double scotch went for and no answer, even though the OP said ask anything and I will get an answer. Anyway I believe on Celebrity the double was $12 and covered. Here no. The DW and I both purchase the package but if I am paying $4 every time, that is a pain. Not being cheap, but hate getting nickeled and dimmed. :p

Patience! 5-10 minutes to make the drink you asked for correctly and to sign a receipt isn't a big deal.

If a package isn't right for you than waiting to sign a receipt is not a big deal. However if a package is good for you the added bonus is you don't need to sign a receipt.

Eat more BACON

• 1 month later...

I've been on over 55 Royal Caribbean cruises - just love them. However, this drink package is new - and I will be sailing on the Liberty in February, 2014. We are interested in purchasing the Ultimate package - my husband loves his beer - but not Bud or Coors - he likes Heinken or other beers. The package does have a disclaimer as follows:

"Package does not include room service or in-stateroom purchases, mini bar items, Evian water, canned sodas, bottled juice and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages."

As far as I am concerned Heinken is NOT a specialty beer and they don't provide a copy of the bar menus - you'd think I would have them memorized by now!

Anyone have any input on what is included in the Ultimate package - I know when I was on the Majesty a few months back - they did offer the "Select" and "Premium" on the 4 day cruise and people were complaining that it included only bar liquor and crappy beer. I have not sailed with the "Ultimate" package yet and wonder if they just threw in bottled water and couple other things but not half way decent beer or wine.

As far as I am concerned Heinken is NOT a specialty beer and they don't provide a copy of the bar menus - you'd think I would have them memorized by now!

Heinken is 5.50 a bottle so no they are talking about the fosters oil cans and bottles of Chimay those are speciality beers

Eat more SHRIMP