Royal Carribean Alcohol Drink Package Question

trev71

Ive read many threads on here about this. When you order the new Alcohol Drink Package when it says its 44$ or 55$ a day

can you order it for just one or two days or do you have to order it for the while cruise ?? Just wondering since i dont really want to drink the whole cruise ? If anyone can help me answer that, that would awesome ?

Ive read many threads on here about this. When you order the new Alcohol Drink Package when it says its 44$ or 55$ a day

can you order it for just one or two days or do you have to order it for the while cruise ?? Just wondering since i dont really want to drink the whole cruise ? If anyone can help me answer that, that would awesome ?

Like the soda package it is for the entire cruise.

I wish they would offer a package for say 100.00 that included a certain amount of

drinks for the week or even 200.00. I think the packages are way high in price and I would like to remember my vacation and not feel like I needed to get my monies worth

out of their current packages offered.

I wish they would offer a package for say 100.00 that included a certain amount of

drinks for the week or even 200.00. I think the packages are way high in price and I would like to remember my vacation and not feel like I needed to get my monies worth

out of their current packages offered.

i am with you on that, I dont want to be doing that either. Like a discount card or something.

This is not - I repeat NOT - designed for you to maximize your vacation dollars.

This IS - I repeat IS - a business move by Royal Caribbean to generate profits for a for-profit corporation.

Why would they offer a drinks package for just "some" days? They need you to pay for the entire week BECAUSE they know that you won't drink as much on some days, i.e., port days.

If it doesn't work for you - economically or convenience-wise:

DON'T BUY IT.

Thank you. I now return you to your usual scheduled CC threads on jeans in the dining room, tipping, smuggling and chogging.

:)

My partner is allergic to alcohol...sucks to be her :p If she brings a doctor's note, does anyone know if they will allow me to buy the package for just myself?

There has to be an allowance for those that flat out don't drink. And the older I get, the more and more we see people everywhere we go that simply do not drink--period.

My DH hasn't drank since 1986. He could care less if I do--he just doesn't.

Well, if that is truly the case, there is a percentage right there that won't buy the package.

Seems a little odd given how many adults (especially as the population ages and many must abstain due to a myriad of readons).

There has to be an allowance for those that flat out don't drink. And the older I get, the more and more we see people everywhere we go that simply do not drink--period.

Well, if that is truly the case, there is a percentage right there that won't buy the package.

Seems a little odd given how many adults (especially as the population ages and many must abstain due to a myriad of readons).

Royal Caribbean doesn't want EVERYONE to buy a package. It's fine with them that some, even many, do not.

They offer it, it is a marketing device (so many people out there whining, "Celebrity has a package, why doesn't RC? They're the same company!), and a passenger can take it or leave it.

Royal Caribbean doesn't want EVERYONE to buy a package. It's fine with them that some, even many, do not.

They offer it, it is a marketing device (so many people out there whining, "Celebrity has a package, why doesn't RC? They're the same company!), and a passenger can take it or leave it.

MM, in a previous post you mentioned chogging.... I assume that means chair hogging? I am not sure that the package is a particulary bad deal, especially for us professionals who really don't need to visit Charlotte Amalie again for the 10th time.... That said, I am not buying.

jc

MM, in a previous post you mentioned chogging.... I assume that means chair hogging? I am not sure that the package is a particulary bad deal, especially for us professionals who really don't need to visit Charlotte Amalie again for the 10th time.... That said, I am not buying.

jc

Yep, chair hogging. We even have an icon:

CHOGavatar_zps386a6804.jpg

Edited by Merion_Mom

Huh? You seem to take issue with observations, comments, etc.

Some folks are merely posting some potential concerns about the possibility of requiring both guests to purchase package when one does not drink.

That's all--no more, no less.

By the way, Celebrity does NOT require all passengers to partake in alcohol package.

Relax.....

Awesome thanks for your answer, I wish it wasnt like that, I will always get the soda packages, perfect for us

Yep, thank the "honesty" of the average person for that.

No doubt if it was available for just a few days people would stash as many beers in their room as they could so they only had to pay for one day and could drink all week.

Then they'd post about how they did and say "why do you care?" if you object.

I can see it now:

Rum runners, it looks like you're drinking but really alcohol goes down a tube hidden in your collar and into a tank strapped to your stomach. Now you can get 7 days of liqour for the price of 1!

Huh? You seem to take issue with observations, comments, etc.

Some folks are merely posting some potential concerns about the possibility of requiring both guests to purchase package when one does not drink.

That's all--no more, no less.

By the way, Celebrity does NOT require all passengers to partake in alcohol package.

Relax.....

You misinterpret entirely. I was merely giving information. I thought that this was one of the main purposes of Cruise Critic.

I am well aware of Celebrity's policy.

But this is Royal Caribbean.

I am completely relaxed.

You?

Thanks... I agree. As it goes, I came across the FAQ that RC is providing to TA's in another thread and this is one entry that is relevant...

What if my traveling companion doesn’t drink, do they still have to purchase an all inclusive beverage package?

Yes, if they are in the same stateroom. The all inclusive packages must be purchased by all stateroom guests, over the age of 21, for the entire cruise length. All guests with special circumstances and/or medical conditions should speak with Guest Services onboard.

I guess I'll have to wait until someone else in my situation explores this further. No amount of opining on the subject is likely to resolve it.

If anyone has any first hand experience, I'd be greatful to hear it.

Edited by VirtualRain

My partner is allergic to alcohol...sucks to be her :p If she brings a doctor's note, does anyone know if they will allow me to buy the package for just myself?

They have said that allowances will be made for medical conditions.

That will last as long as people do not openly abuse it, as they have everything else eventually. (the reason that they have this requirement in the first place)

Yes - there is. You buy drinks individually from the bars. No one is forcing the drink package on anyone - it is an option.

I'm one of those Celebrity whiners who will book X over RCCL simply because of the drinks package. No, it's not for everyone, but if you are willing to add the cost to make the cruise feel like an all inclusive experience, then it can be worth the money. But I didn't come on here to try to convince anyone to buy or not buy the package.

What I'd like to know from someone who is familiar with both programs, what are the differences. There is an article on the packages on CC this week. http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1470 and the packages look very similar between the two lines. I already know the Celebrity package and have had both Classic and Premium on X. Can anyone who has experienced both, tell me the differences?

I'm trying to decide which cruise I want to take in January, so any information is appreciated.

The Celebrity package includes more. Specialty coffees, bottled water. Makes a big difference for some people in deciding its value for them personally.

Thanks, that's the kind of information I was looking for. And you can only get it from someone who has experienced both.

Bottled water isn't very important to me, but I'd have at least two lattes or cappacinos a day. Having to pay seperately for that certainly does not make it feel like an all inclusive experience.

Can anyone tell me where I can find more details on the alcohol package? Ive searched their website, but cant find anything. My travel agent also told me they dont offer an alcohol package, so this is all coming as I surprise to me.

Geez, you'd think they would make it easier for those of us who WANT to drink copious amounts of booze lol

The Celebrity package includes more. Specialty coffees, bottled water. Makes a big difference for some people in deciding its value for them personally.

Also, the Celebrity package is very clear on wine... "wine by the glass up to $xxx is included." The RC package just states "house wines" and no one has been able to post a definition of "house wine." Is it a list of wines up to $xxx/glass? Or is it just La Terre? (the cheap wine they give out in the CL, C&A parties, etc.) That question has yet to be answered and is potentially another big difference between the two.