Breeze cruise thoughts on 4 adults in 1 room

trialsguy

My family and I are planning a cruise over thanksgiving 2013 and plan on 1 room with a balcony. My wife daughter and I cruised for the first time june of this year on the rccl freedom of the sea and had a blast and there was enough room to feel comfortable in the room. The daughter who is 15 now and will be 16 by the time we cruise in Nov 13' slept in the bunk bed over our bed and was ok with that,, but... my son is able to go with us on this next cruise and he'll be 24 and is 6' tall. We dont plan on spending much time in the room but still want to make sure that the beds and room are comfortable and roomy enough for us.

How are the rooms? how do family of 4 get by on these cruises?

We just got off the Breeze....

I thought the cabin on Breeze was bigger then Freedom OS. 4 in the cabin is doable. We had 3 people in the cabin on Breeze and had a 6M cabin which has the 1 1/2 baths. I found that to be a big plus. Getting ready for dinner was alot faster since we had two showers not to mention in the morning when everyone wants to brush their teeth at the same time the extra sink comes in handy.

Just my opinion I would never do 4 people in one cabin with one bath. I would do two cabins or the 1 1/2 bath. However the 1 1/2 bath cabins are not balconies. So if you really want the balcony then do the one cabin.....It's doable though.

As for 6' tall....should do just fine.

Enjoy

We have done our family of 4 in the same cabin several times, but the last one will be the last time. My DS is now 18 and 5'10" and DD is 13 and 5'3" and while they fit, they weren't nearly as comfy as DH and I.

I did a mock booking and found this for the Breeze leaving 11/17/13, all cabins on the main deck:

Quad cove BL.... $2,267.28

Dbl IS...............$1,143.64

Dbl cove BL.......$1,543.64

$ for 2 cabins....$2,687.28

So while it is $400 more to do two cabins I think it is at least worth considering. Two of the best benefits are: 1) the additional bathroom and 2) you and your wife can have some one on one time.

I did a mock booking and found this for the Breeze leaving 11/17/13

But 11/17/13 isn't Thanksgiving week. 11/23 is.

I think for 11/23:

2 insides $1518 before taxes

A balcony with 4 people $1308

One balcony, one inside $1868

Even if you can't swing the one balcony, one inside, to me having two inside cabins with 2 people each would be far preferable to 4 in a balcony. But your preferences may differ.

Ok dang! Im confused now. where are you seeing those prices? I went through the process of 4 people in a balcony for 11-23-13 and it was 4200 and something. what am I missing? I didn't price out a cove balcony, as we stayed on the 7 deck on our last cruise which was our first cruise and thought it was wonderfully just right. Are the cove balcony's that much lower in price?

Thanks

But 11/17/13 isn't Thanksgiving week. 11/23 is.

I think for 11/23:

2 insides $1518 before taxes

A balcony with 4 people $1308

One balcony, one inside $1868

Even if you can't swing the one balcony, one inside, to me having two inside cabins with 2 people each would be far preferable to 4 in a balcony. But your preferences may differ.

I'd echo your vote. I'd rather stay home than cruise with four in one stateroom.

We've done 16 or so cruises with 4 of us in one Carnival cabin, and we've done about 5 now with the kids in their own room. They are 11 and 13. The cost difference is usually about $300 to $350 for a short cruise, $500 to $600 for a longer cruise. My husband said he'd rather stay home than have 4 of us in one cabin again. It's REALLY nice having the extra space and second bathroom - and privacy at night is probably our favorite perk. I'd definitely spend the extra money - you can book a balcony and an inside, or even check out the cost of two insides - I'd gladly give up a balcony to have a second room.

As I said, our kids are 11 and 13. I'd probably consider piling up in one room for a short cruise with them now, but NOT when they are older - especially not 24!

4 adults in one room stateroom??? :eek:

Nope, never, no, no no!!!

Even if it had 1 1/2 baths it would

still be nuts - even if you don't plan

on spending much time in the room.

Even if you are family that gets along,

you probably won't be speaking to each

other by the end of the cruise. :)

Just my 2 cents, of course.

I must apologize for being a super noob on this cruise pricing but are these prices posted in this thread for the carnival breeze 8 day cruise for nov 23 2013? I hope so, but I cant find these prices . Heck I would definitely get 2 rooms if these prices are for the cruise we are planning to take.

Thanks

I must apologize for being a super noob on this cruise pricing but are these prices posted in this thread for the carnival breeze 8 day cruise for nov 23 2013? I hope so, but I cant find these prices . Heck I would definitely get 2 rooms if these prices are for the cruise we are planning to take.

Thanks

On Carnival.com I got $1578 for each double inside (before taxes) using the Early Saver rate. One quad inside is $2992. By the end of the cruise, you'd be tickled pink to get another room for a whopping $164. Trust me...

I'd put the kids in an inside with the upper / lower berths and save a few pennies more.

Ok that is the number I also found on the inside double room. We got a balcony on our last/first cruise and my wife informs me that she doesn't want to be without her balcony, I loved it as well. that balcony non-cove bumps up to 2566.00 with taxes and like was mentioned if we can get a interior right across the hall we would be good to go. Gonna be a long 11 months I have a feeling...

Ok that is the number I also found on the inside double room. We got a balcony on our last/first cruise and my wife informs me that she doesn't want to be without her balcony, I loved it as well. that balcony non-cove bumps up to 2566.00 with taxes and like was mentioned if we can get a interior right across the hall we would be good to go. Gonna be a long 11 months I have a feeling...

We are newbies also and were struggling with the same thing , my kids will be 12 & 14 when we sail next January and I know it will make me insane to all be in the same cabin . I also want a balcony and was struggling to figure our how I could get my balcony and have the kids in a connecting room without paying for 2 balcony rooms , but across the hall in aninterior room is brilliant !!!

Cove I see $2338 for 2 before taxes, early saver. Regular balcony $2378 for 2, before taxes, $2566 with taxes as you say, so not much different. Don't know what I was doing yesterday to come up with those other numbers. Sorry.

Should have been:

Inside with 2 people: Starting at $1706 (Super Saver) incl. taxes. So for the 4 of you $3412.

Balcony with 4 people: $3972 with taxes

Balcony with 2 plus inside with 2: $2566 plus $1886 (Upper deck inside) total $4452 with taxes.

So two inside cabins would actually be cheaper (and to me preferable) than 4 in a balcony, and a balcony plus an inside would be $480 more than 4 in a balcony.

Remember...going for a regular balcony instead of a cove is going to end up costing you slightly more for the inside, since regular balconies are on higher decks and an inside on a higher deck costs more. The cheapest inside you could get on a deck that has regular balconies would be Upper deck $1886 for 2 with taxes.

So regular Upper deck balcony plus Upper deck inside is $2566 plus $1886 inside totals $4452.

Cove balcony plus plus Main deck inside is $2526 plus Main deck inside, midship (Cove balconies are midship) $1846, total $4372

Price isn't much different, but if the ship's motion worries you the regular balcony at the price would be far aft and higher deck (more motion), while the cove would be lower deck mid-ship (less motion).

I cruised in a room with 2 other women a few months back. We managed to make it through the week. But the room was definitely crowded with stuff since 2 of us are full hair and make-up gals and all of us packed the perfect accessories to compliment each outfit. We managed to stagger our bathroom time with some scheduling.

I'm not sure I would do it this way again. I was the youngest one and therefore I had the delight of sleeping on the bunk. It certainly does not live up to Carnival's comfy bedding.

Just another point of view....we have always put our whole family 2 adults with 2 kids (now teens!) in one inside room. We live in NYC, and small apartments with only 1 bathroom are the norm here! We never had a problem. We do not do things in the room that others might do...no family tv watching, or cocktails in the room, so maybe that helps us. ONe thing that we liked on a past Princess cruise was getting an inside quad on a lower deck that was just a few steps away down the hall from a lobby area that had a snack/dessert venue, and lots of nice seating. Any of us could go the short distance to that area, and to us it was like a living room/parlour area, where we would arrange to meet when finished dressing or waiting for another famiy member.

For us, even the $200 savings for an inside, over a window, was a necessary savings.

We just got off the Breeze....

I thought the cabin on Breeze was bigger then Freedom OS. 4 in the cabin is doable. We had 3 people in the cabin on Breeze and had a 6M cabin which has the 1 1/2 baths. I found that to be a big plus. Getting ready for dinner was alot faster since we had two showers not to mention in the morning when everyone wants to brush their teeth at the same time the extra sink comes in handy.

Just my opinion I would never do 4 people in one cabin with one bath. I would do two cabins or the 1 1/2 bath. However the 1 1/2 bath cabins are not balconies. So if you really want the balcony then do the one cabin.....It's doable though.

As for 6' tall....should do just fine.

Enjoy

The balcony cabins on Breeze may or may not be larger than Freedom of the Seas. All balcony cabins on Breeze are 185 sq ft with a 35 sq ft balcony. On Freedom of the Seas, the D1, D2 and D3 cabins are 214 sq ft plus a 68 sq ft balcony or the E1, E2 balcony cabins are 177 sq ft plus a 74 sq ft balcony.

Personally, I would never have four adult size people in a balcony cabin as they seem to be almost crowded already. Only having one bathroom is also a problem. We feel the balcony cabin on Carnival seems small as we usually have at least a D1 on Freedom of the Seas.

Having said that, only you know how your family will be with being crowded for a week. It might be worth it to them/you. No matter which you choose, enjoy!

Archived