That special thing I always pack when going on an Azamara cruise

uktog

There are often threads advising things you need to take onboard with you but I have never seen an Azamara specific thread - some of the things on other threads are not appropriate because Azamara provides so much.

I also thought it would be nice to have a thread that dear Bill could read but not have to jump into action - he is getting so many queries these days I wonder how he copes!

Anyway - to start off my one thing is

1. A pack of photocards from my local craft shop. They are blank inside and have pictures of our local area. We can use them as thank you cards for crew, birthday/anniversary cards for fellow passengers, end of cruise notes with our email address for new friends etc . We find on Azamara we get to know far more passengers than on other ships and it is nice to be able to pick up on the special events they are looking forward to on board

So who has No 2?

I always take clip magnets (can be used on the cabin walls) They hold all the lovely invitations to cruise critic meet and mingle and captains cocktail parties.

......and a few loose dresses!

I like this idea. I try to remember post-it notes but the magnet idea will be more versatile.

Our first Azamara cruise is just a few weeks away!

Great thread! Keep the ideas coming. As a geography nut, I like to bring a map of the area we are cruising and put it up on the cabin wall to help me appreciate where we are cruising by, have been and are headed. Of course an iPad and marinetraffic.com does a great job also.

Cruising and travel in general: Zip lock bags. Gallon size, and small. You will be amazed at how handy they are, they take up no room, no weight, and can be life savers. Also: a flashlight. Bad things are not going to happen on your cruise, but just in case, it isn't a bad idea.

Cruising and travel in general: Zip lock bags. Gallon size, and small. You will be amazed at how handy they are, they take up no room, no weight, and can be life savers. Also: a flashlight. Bad things are not going to happen on your cruise, but just in case, it isn't a bad idea.

Ziplock bags definitely. We have used them for snacks, keeping cameras dry on boat rides, packing wet bathing suits, keeping pills dry. As Dr. H said, they pack flat and weight nothing.

Great idea...Also if you have a smartphone, you can often download a free app that will turn your camera flash into an emergency flashlight.

• 2 months later...

We will be doing our first Azamara Cruise in a couple of weeks but on previous cruises we pack a clear 24 compartment shoe organizer that you hang on the back of a door. We use it for the washroom to keep all our toliteries off the counter. In those small washrooms you need as much room as possible! Works great!

I learned this years ago from a wise person on the Cruise Critic site :-)

Great idea...Also if you have a smartphone, you can often download a free app that will turn your camera flash into an emergency flashlight.

always take a flashlite but just got a smartphone and had already downloaded the app..but..if there is no electricity for as while like on the Triumph you cant charge your phone..I would still take a flashlite..

Jancruz1

always take a flashlite but just got a smartphone and had already downloaded the app..but..if there is no electricity for as while like on the Triumph you cant charge your phone..I would still take a flashlite..

Jancruz1

That's why I pack my HALO charger - holds enough "juice" to fully charge my phone at least once, usually a bit more. Great emergencies, small and light.

Great suggestions and I have one or two more. Thanks

I take small plastic clothes pins to use with the line in the shower. I also take a line to use on the veranda which can be tied between the chairs to hang a few things to quickly dry in the balmy air. That saves a trip to the laundry facility

I like the idea suggested to take the small battery operated "tea lights" for the room desk etc.

Also I take a small nitelight which is ok to plug into the "shaver only" plug in the bathroom for occasional "in the dark" trip during the night

We take our own small binoculars as the ones in the stateroom are not very powerful.

Great suggestions and I have one or two more. Thanks

Also I take a small nitelight which is ok to plug into the "shaver only" plug in the bathroom for occasional "in the dark" trip during the night

I have a small nightlight that I use when in the US. On most ships however they don't work when plugged into the razor socket as that only works with the bathroom light on. I do hope it will work on Quest. I shall pack it next week just in case.

• 1 month later...

I've found that some of that grey, workman's sticky-tape is indispensible. It's not necessary to take the entire roll - simply roll some onto an empty cotton reel, or could even be rolled around a pen or a deodorant-stick. Remember to take nail scissors in your toiletry-bag in order to cut the tape. It has a multitude of uses.

Also, I agree, a couple of small magnets are really useful for keeping invititations, notes etc on the state-room wall.

I'm a first timer in Azamara, but a piece of advice : Downy papers to keep your luggage and cloth smelling clean and plastic bags to keep the dirty clothes away.

Ele

Archived