Ben and Jerry Suite

sj25

I just wanted to update everyone about the Ben and Jerrys Suite. We soon to find out that the room was very noisy...but was not the parade or music it was from the Ben and Jerrys ice cream...has a door that all crew use alot and the bang when it would close would actually vibrate the floor. Well we did some calling and it would get fixed and it would last for one night and next night right back to it. I think the last time complain and my husband was not happy by this time. Cause they would wait about 2 hrs after they fixed it to call our room and tell us they fixed it. So would be like 1 am and wake us up to tell us. Like REALLY!!!

But the last night was a peaceful night sleep. So I sure hope they have it fixed to anyone that have it in the future!

I don't if anyone else ever had this problem ....that it was something new happen.

We've had the room, on the Liberty Inaugural Cruise. Was bad then, as well. Not much they can do about it. We complained, and all we got were angry maintenance, and some ship board credit. Wouldn't take it again, at all

We've had the room, on the Liberty Inaugural Cruise. Was bad then, as well. Not much they can do about it. We complained, and all we got were angry maintenance, and some ship board credit. Wouldn't take it again, at all

Definitely a been there, done that item

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hi Jellybean we have a question specific to the Independence Ben and Jerry sweet. We have booked this cabin for the novelty of the Cow cabin and not for the extra benefits as we have most of those with our Diamond Plus level. My brother and his wife are also onboard in a promenade cabin, would we be able to give them the GOLD cards so they can enjoy the extra benefits instead of us? Many thanks for your post it gave us loads of current information on the Independenc B&J that we were looking for.

My personal view would be swap cabins, let them sleep in 6305 (aka the Sweet) and then they would have the gold cards and be able to join you in the CL Lounge etc. I don't suppose there is anything wrong in doing what you suggest, but the cards would be printed with your names, and if you swapped cards you would not be Diamond +. We only had the gold cards which worked as normal door cards. The ITOS is perhaps the least cow decorated of them all. Nothing on the bed, sofa's were covered in cow throws with a couple of cow toys which we moved. Ornaments on the display unit and above the window. The novelty of sleeping there wore off quite quickly, but the perks were amazing. Enjoy whatever decision you make

• 1 month later...
I just booked a short 4 night 2015 Easter weekend cruise on the Liberty and was surprised and pleased to find the "Sweet" and adjoining PR cabin available. I grabbed it and it will be a surprise for the kids even though they are both college age now. They still love ice cream! :D

We are booked in the Ben and Jerry's suite on the March 28,2015 cruise which I believe is right before your cruise. Our girls are also in the adjoining cabin. They want to sleep in our stateroom. We'll see how that works out. I'm definitely not giving them the conceirge access, although we have promised them the ice cream vouchers.

Are you charged the standard gratuities of $12 a day or do you pay the suite gratuities?

We prepaid our tips and they charged us $120 total for the 2 of us for 5 days, so I guess it's the standard gratuity rate. I hadn't even thought of the difference in gratuities. We plan to tip the conceirge for their service.

• 4 months later...

Yeah, this cabin does book up early, probably by people who know what makes it special.

I just recently managed to snag it for my 2016 cruise. When I originally booked back in May, it wasn't available, but I kept checking. A few weeks ago, it showed up as available, so I grabbed it.

14 night Transatlantic on Liberty Nov 14. The "suite" advantages were huge even though we are Dia Plus and already have a lot of similar benefits like full access to Concierge lounge, reserved theatre seats etc.

Here are the Ben & Jerry benefits we liked most.

* The gold card allowed us to dine at no cost, in the half empty Chops Grill restaurant. This is exclusive to suite guests for breakfast and lunch. It had an excellent but limited grill menu plus a small buffet but was absolutely amazing compared to the busy Windjammer buffet right outside.

* Extra Invites to suite only reception and lunch with wine. (Fillet steak bites on a stick).

* The reserved sunbathing area onboard always had availability also the reserved beach area on Coco Cay.

There was no priority checkin on boarding as you are not given the gold card until you arrive onboard and Identify yourself to the Concierge who then exchanges your seapass card. However you are then eligible for all other priority boarding on tenders, 1st in line for immigration, reserved theatre and ice show seats etc.

The novelty items in the cabin and the free scoop of ice cream each were great for the first few days, then of limited interest.

You pay regular gratuities because you do not have butler service in a promenade cabin. You should pay additional tips in cash to both the Concierge and his waiters.

Good luck finding this "suite" as they are almost impossible without a huge effort. We booked ours 18 months before sailing on the 1st day that cruise was released.

We had an amazing SUITE experience for exactly the same price as a regular promenade cabin. Even though we already had all the benefits of Diamond plus the extra benefits were huge. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 night Transatlantic on Liberty Nov 14. The "suite" advantages were huge even though we are Dia Plus and already have a lot of similar benefits like full access to Concierge lounge, reserved theatre seats etc.

Here are the Ben & Jerry benefits we liked most.

* The gold card allowed us to dine at no cost, in the half empty Chops Grill restaurant. This is exclusive to suite guests for breakfast and lunch. It had an excellent but limited grill menu plus a small buffet but was absolutely amazing compared to the busy Windjammer buffet right outside.

* Extra Invites to suite only reception and lunch with wine. (Fillet steak bites on a stick).

* The reserved sunbathing area onboard always had availability also the reserved beach area on Coco Cay.

There was no priority checkin on boarding as you are not given the gold card until you arrive onboard and Identify yourself to the Concierge who then exchanges your seapass card. However you are then eligible for all other priority boarding on tenders, 1st in line for immigration, reserved theatre and ice show seats etc.

The novelty items in the cabin and the free scoop of ice cream each were great for the first few days, then of limited interest.

You pay regular gratuities because you do not have butler service in a promenade cabin. You should pay additional tips in cash to both the Concierge and his waiters.

Good luck finding this "suite" as they are almost impossible without a huge effort. We booked ours 18 months before sailing on the 1st day that cruise was released.

We had an amazing SUITE experience for exactly the same price as a regular promenade cabin. Even though we already had all the benefits of Diamond plus the extra benefits were huge. Highly recommended.

Totally different experience on Freedom last year. Access to CL and free ice cream was just about it. I guess it depends on the Concierge. Was repeatedly told we were not really suite guests. Plus don't get me started on banging noise from door below.

That's awful. Who told you that, and under what circumstance?

The concierge, his exact words were that we were in a sweet, not a suite. No priority tendering to coco Cay, he did reserve us a cabana, no access to gold card area in theatre, no access to Vintages for disembark, we did get a 25% FCC because bathroom flooded from shower. :D

We just stayed in the Ben & Jerry's SWEET on our thanksgiving Liberty cruise 11/27/2014 (room 6305 and connecting 6307). I have to say I'm glad I experienced it (the kids loved all the cow stuff!!) but promenade rooms are tight! Not a fan of the setup. I don't think i'll be booking one again... regular oceanview or balcony for us from now on.

It was super cute though and we did get the free scoop 2 out of the 4 days (for 3 of us since we had 3 booked in the room), but there was just so much other stuff to eat!! Didn't take advantage of anything else since we had the drink package already. :)

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Edited by CamaCama

We also didn't get suite privileges on Independence of the Seas. Our regular Seapass cards were re-encoded to access the Concierge Lounge and we did get a Barefoot Beach cabana, but that was it. We didn't get gold Seapass privileges otherwise.

Oh, we did get MDR menus in our "sweet", but we didn't try ordering from them.

Edited by Daghis

We also didn't get suite privileges on Independence of the Seas. Our regular Seapass cards were re-encoded to access the Concierge Lounge and we did get a Barefoot Beach cabana, but that was it. We didn't get gold Seapass privileges otherwise.

Oh, we did get MDR menus in our "sweet", but we didn't try ordering from them.

I don't recall menus, but there is no way to eat in there. :o

I think the important thing is the concierge exchanging your seapass card for a GOLD card. All the suite benefits are automatic once you have this card.

He did

That's awful. Who told you that, and under what circumstance?

We are just off the Independence. We were told that by the young gentleman - um, nasty rude cruiser - when we knocked on the door of the concierge lounge. We did not get a gold card and there was no white card in our room. The letter said to go to the concierge. I knocked on the door and the man opened it and told me it is a private lounge. I told him I knew but needed to get my sea pass card programmed to let us in. He then saw our blue card in our hand and rudely told us the area was for suite passengers only. I let him know that the concierge will probably help us when he was done with him. They then berated the concierge because he couldn't get them a particular time at Chops. They left in a huff. I thought if this is how suite, diamond plus, and pinnacle act, I don't care if I never set foot in there again!

As to the Sweet, it was cute. I never heard any door slamming and neither did DH except for the last night. I was petrified about getting off late because the airline kept pushing our flight earlier and earlier until 09:50. I wanted to make sure I was off as soon as I could. So due to my uneasiness, I did hear the door that night.

We are in the Liberty Sweet and adjacent 6307 in April. Where do you connect with the concierge once you get onboard? I was really hoping to get a cabana for Labadee, as there is no way to book one online.

I'm curious about the access to Chops for breakfast and lunch that Backpack Cruisers posted about. I haven't heard too much about this benefit.

We stayed in 6305 on Freedom in october 2014. You will get the ice cream and a cute cabin, but beyond that I think the concierge will determine whether you get anything else at all. We had access to the concierge lounge with a separate gold card, but that card didn't do us any good at all for anything else. The concierge was very rude about that we weren't "real" suite guests. We have stayed previously in Grand suites on Oasis class.

I would just caution anyone booking this room to not expect much, and maybe you'll get stuff and maybe you won't.

We certainly won't book it again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app